Home
EA Sports MMA News Post



Check out the new EA SPORTS MMA gameplay trailer.

Game: EA Sports MMAReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
EA Sports MMA Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ronnieb @ 03/17/10 06:22 PM
very nice
 
# 2 noshun @ 03/17/10 07:26 PM
Looks okay, not sure Ill buy it over UFC. Ill give it a rent.
 
# 3 aholbert32 @ 03/17/10 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Fatigue
Here's the deal.

That looks ****ing great. It's also EA - and I don't trust most of what they say. and I'm having a hard time believing the game will look like that.
I have a feeling it will look like that. Its on par graphics wise with what they did with FN4.

The release date is now Late 2010 which is a smart move by EA. They need to space this out far from the UFC release date.
 
# 4 nyj721 @ 03/17/10 10:36 PM
hmmmm i'm interested but if theres no demo i wont buy (might rent though)
 
# 5 p_rushing @ 03/18/10 01:24 AM
Look's great, looks like the ground game is more free flowing than UFC, but its EA. Need a demo before I buy it.
 
# 6 franch1se @ 03/18/10 02:39 AM
I'm pretty much agreeing with what everyone else is saying. The game looks fantastic but well its EA and we all know how they are. The only thing that is a good sign though is that they actually have competition in UFC's game so they won't slack and they pretty much know this game HAS to be good.
 
# 7 Pappy Knuckles @ 03/18/10 03:36 AM
Damn, that looks hot. Can't wait.
 
# 8 boxboy99 @ 03/18/10 05:49 AM
The game play looks unreal. I hope it plays as well. I loved FNR4. The animations look better then UFC at this point to me. Everything looks more natural. UFC is great but after playing many fights the positions felt pretty scripted with limited outcomes and animations. The switch and double leg in this video look pretty dang good. Great scenrio with UFC and EA Pushing each other to make great MMA games.
 
# 9 DaveDQ @ 03/18/10 07:18 AM
There were some very smoothly animated movements there. Very nice to see. Especially with coming out of holds or punch to punch, things looked very natural.
 
# 10 Money99 @ 03/18/10 08:34 AM
The one reason why I'll rent this instead of buy is because as a noobie to the sport, I only know one fighter in their game.

UFC fighters are a lot more recognizable to me so I'll go with THQ's game first.

But I'm also a giant career mode freak. So if EA can give us a deep career mode, I might give it a shot.
 
# 11 Pappy Knuckles @ 03/18/10 08:51 AM
I'm gonna have one hell of a time using Nick Diaz.
 
# 12 sportznut02 @ 03/18/10 09:13 AM
That video looks smooth as hell. I love the fighter intros and all of the different rings and arenas that they showed. Who knows if it will be as good as UFC Undisputed. I am just glad that we have another game to choose from. Competition is great for us gamers.
 
# 13 allBthere @ 03/18/10 10:15 AM
it looked very good. BUT I agree with some other comments because we were really only seeing one move at a time. If we saw 10 seconds of straight action it would be easier to tell. There were good fn4 promos but I was very disappointed when I actually played the game.
 
# 14 Phobia @ 03/18/10 10:51 AM
Hummmm did not look amazing to me. The striking looks very strange. Hard to put my finger on it. But it is almost like the strikes are lighting quick but look so weak when they connect. Just has that FN feel to it where it will be a rockem sockem punch fest.

"Guy gets rock by 40 over hand crosses square on the cheek and continues to stand. OMG the opponent just came back with 30 hooks to the head, powerful punches. NO ONE is going down......OMG this is a brawl"

Every fight. Very similar to FN Rd 4
 
# 15 Stumbleweed @ 03/18/10 11:40 AM
Looks pretty nice, but I agree with Phobia about the striking. Looks the same as FNR4 to me as well, and I HATED the early videos for that... the final game is a little better, but still has that fakey too-fast feel and look to it. The strikes look technically fine and EA's collision detection/damage modeling is better than UFC's was, but it still doesn't look as right to me. For all its flaws with the striking, at least UFC made you wince when a really solid body kick landed... the strikes have "pop" to them when they really connect.
 
# 16 sb24 @ 03/18/10 11:53 AM
I agree with Phobia and Stumble
 
# 17 allBthere @ 03/18/10 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
Looks pretty nice, but I agree with Phobia about the striking. Looks the same as FNR4 to me as well, and I HATED the early videos for that... the final game is a little better, but still has that fakey too-fast feel and look to it. The strikes look technically fine and EA's collision detection/damage modeling is better than UFC's was, but it still doesn't look as right to me. For all its flaws with the striking, at least UFC made you wince when a really solid body kick landed... the strikes have "pop" to them when they really connect.
EXACTLY! ...that's why i love the striking in UFC despite its flaws, you're really out to hurt the other guy. The impacts look and 'feel' devastating. All the shots really had a good WHACK! to them.

I want to see what it's like to control Kung Li in this game though. If I had to guess what EA might do better than UFC I would go with the submission system - that is an area that is open for a competitor to "out-shine" them
 
# 18 Phillmattic @ 03/18/10 12:52 PM
I think this game will be a truer representation of the actual sport of MMA than we have seen from any other game to date. Listening to the developer interviews, I like that they always stress how their working on all of the more subtle aspects of MMA that are important in an actual fight.

The fight night engine is a great engine to use for striking, it's extremely dynamic. I highly doubt that we will see fight night-esque fights, seeing as how much boxing is different than MMA, and the developer for this game said they are using a modified version of the engine.
 
# 19 Scoop_Brady @ 03/18/10 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
I'm gonna have one hell of a time using Nick Diaz.
And I'm gonna have a hell of a time beating his ***.

Game looks good. I was always gonna get both so it's nice to hear I'll be getting one in May and one around the holidays. EA would be wise to put a demo out when UFC releases. I doubt they will though.
 
# 20 mgoblue @ 03/18/10 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillmattic
I think this game will be a truer representation of the actual sport of MMA than we have seen from any other game to date. Listening to the developer interviews, I like that they always stress how their working on all of the more subtle aspects of MMA that are important in an actual fight.

The fight night engine is a great engine to use for striking, it's extremely dynamic. I highly doubt that we will see fight night-esque fights, seeing as how much boxing is different than MMA, and the developer for this game said they are using a modified version of the engine.
I'm waiting until a demo and we actually learn how they're doing controls and submissions first...I'll be getting both this and UFC, but if EA doesn't bring it then UFC's gonna be way better.

I guess I'm just a skeptic, I've seen way too many preview videos that end up looking way different than the actual game.
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.