Home
Gran Turismo 5 News Post


GTplanet received word from the Game Developers Conference 2010 today, Gran Turismo 5 will arrive in 2010. What are the odds?

Quote:
"GT5 received brief mention at Sony’s large press event at the Game Developers Conference 2010 today. While the focus of the show turned out to be Sony’s new motion controller, it was “confirmed” the company’s biggest racer will be released in 2010. Of course, for anyone who’s been paying attention, this isn’t exactly a surprise, but it should calm any lingering fears that remained after the game’s Japanese March date was postponed."

Game: Gran Turismo 5Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 16 - View All
Gran Turismo 5 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 bcruise @ 03/10/10 07:23 PM
December 31, 2010 11:59 PM Release date confirmed!

j/k...fortunately I've got plenty of other games current and upcoming to keep me busy during the wait (however long it may be).
 
# 2 pk500 @ 03/11/10 01:31 PM
L.A. might have an NFL team before GT 5 is released.
 
# 3 Blzer @ 03/11/10 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
December 31, 2010 11:59 PM Release date confirmed!

j/k...fortunately I've got plenty of other games current and upcoming to keep me busy during the wait (however long it may be).
Games release on Tuesdays, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say they'll at least release by Monday, December 27th at 11:59 PM.
 
# 4 rspencer86 @ 03/11/10 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
December 31, 2010 11:59 PM Release date confirmed!


Sounds about right.

Anyone have suggestions of racing games I can pick up for cheap to hold me over until GT5 comes out? Other than Burnout Paradise (still need to pick up the Big Surf DLC!) I don't have another racing game to play.
 
# 5 strawberryshortcake @ 03/11/10 05:36 PM
I was honestly hoping for a 2011 release or beyond.

Apparently brief readings on GTplanet combined with whatever current existing non-finished GT5 gameplay footage appears that the series still need some work to truly get it polished and ready for simulation gameplay.

I'm not a car enthusiast but I do enjoy reading those who have more devoted interest in GT5. From what I have read, a couple gripes GT fans continue to have are engine sounds, tire screeches even if the vehicle turns slightly, the bumper car effect, and whatever car physics they're talking about, environmental graphic textures, oh yeah, and artificial intelligence.

But here's hoping that the finish product will be well received by fans. I'm certainly looking forward to it. And after all this time (5 years or so I think), the final build really do need to be stellar to justify the "delay."
 
# 6 pk500 @ 03/11/10 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
I'm not a car enthusiast but I do enjoy reading those who have more devoted interest in GT5. From what I have read, a couple gripes GT fans continue to have are engine sounds, tire screeches even if the vehicle turns slightly, the bumper car effect, and whatever car physics they're talking about, environmental graphic textures, oh yeah, and artificial intelligence.
Yeah, other than those numerous flaws, it's an amazing game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
But here's hoping that the finish product will be well received by fans. I'm certainly looking forward to it. And after all this time (5 years or so I think), the final build really do need to be stellar to justify the "delay."
Sony could release a flaming shingle of dogsh*t with the GT logo and name on it, and the lemmings will buy it by the truckload.

GT stopped being a relevant racing sim after about the second edition. It's the same pony with a new coat of paint, every time.
 
# 7 Blzer @ 03/16/10 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
And after all this time (5 years or so I think), the final build really do need to be stellar to justify the "delay."
I may be one of the only people in the world that doesn't believe this is how it should be looked at, especially by big-name websites and their reviews. In fact, aside from the introduction stating "The long wait is over..." there shouldn't be a single mention of any such delays thereafter. The score should not take any hits because of delays, that would be unfair. Review the game and the game only.
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.