Home
MLB 10 News Post

The Show Community has posted screenshots from the top 5 catchers in MLB '10: The Show.

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 64 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 berenjena @ 02/19/10 04:57 PM
It seems fair.
 
# 2 MelMan1486 @ 02/19/10 05:23 PM
Time to start scouting for my fantasy draft lol
 
# 3 JermaineDye05 @ 02/19/10 05:38 PM
Wow, Wieters in the top 10 after only 96 games in the bigs.

I sure hope Gordon Beckham got the same kind of respect at second base.
 
# 4 Ronstr @ 02/19/10 05:46 PM
Those rating are spot on.
 
# 5 countryboy @ 02/19/10 06:49 PM
Yadier coming in at #3.

Oh and is anyone shocked that Mauer is #1? He's on the cover..

 
# 6 SpacemanSpiff @ 02/19/10 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JermaineDye05
Wow, Wieters in the top 10 after only 96 games in the bigs.

I sure hope Gordon Beckham got the same kind of respect at second base.
There are a lot more good second basemen than catchers though so the ranking is deceiving for Wieters. Utley, Kinsler, Cano, Pedroia, Brian Roberts, Brandon Phillips, Aaron Hill, etc. Gordon is really good though, but he probably won't crack the top 9 just because 2B is much deeper than catcher.
 
# 7 burds13 @ 02/19/10 07:34 PM
Wieters is gonna be a stud.
 
# 8 jskatt21 @ 02/19/10 07:43 PM
Wieters, Top 10? Give me a break. Let him play a full season and get back to me then.

I do have to say I agree with the drop off from Mauer and the rest of the pack. More ratings should be done this way.
 
# 9 JoeCoolMan24 @ 02/19/10 11:33 PM
Matt Weiters is rated AWFULLY high. If Weiters is that high on the catchers list, then I expect Gordon Beckham to be like a top 5 2B....wow.
 
# 10 SpacemanSpiff @ 02/20/10 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCoolMan24
Matt Weiters is rated AWFULLY high. If Weiters is that high on the catchers list, then I expect Gordon Beckham to be like a top 5 2B....wow.
I think Wieters is rated where he should be. As disappointing as his season was last year, it was actually a pretty good year especially for the offensively weak catcher position. Who got snubbed so hard for Wieters' spot in the top 9 of catchers? Whereas if Gordon Beckham is top 5 in 2B that means he'd be higher than some guys in the Utley, Kinsler, Pedroia, Cano, Brian Roberts, Ben Zobrist, Aaron Hill, Brandon Phillips group.
 
# 11 burds13 @ 02/20/10 10:12 AM
I would say that Beckham could very well become a top 5 second basemen next year. He'll be a top 10 guy this year, most likely. As he should be, the kid's legit.

Wieters had his struggles when he first came up, but towards the end of the year he really turned it on. I watched that dude throw out Carl Crawford twice in the same game, something I've never seen before. He's going to hit, there's no question about that. You can just see it - he's got a great eye, he identifies pitches well, he has great plate coverage, and best of all he's got easy power. He'll be a top 5 catcher next year barring injury.
 
# 12 Ecko25 @ 02/20/10 11:05 AM
Yeah I agree with Weiters being rated as high as he is. But I do like Gordon Beckham! lol.
 
# 13 Pistolero @ 02/20/10 12:43 PM
Out of all them Victor is my fav. Even though is fielding isn't all there and runs like he has a fridge on his back!!!

Watch out for JR Towles, he's a sleeper.
 
# 14 dunlopp9987 @ 02/20/10 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecko25
Yeah I agree with Weiters being rated as high as he is. But I do like Gordon Beckham! lol.
Don't like Beckham. He's a punk kid who thinks he's the greatest thing to hit baseball since the bat. He just oozes cocky. Though that makes sense, look at their manager...

Anyone else surprised Mauer's power numbers aren't higher? 28 homeruns last season, finally gaining the power that everyone thought he would eventually have. That may have to be something I edit when I get the game...
 
# 15 Brewhaha @ 02/20/10 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foocards88
Wow, has anyone at Sony ever see Yadi play defense? A 76 in arm accuracy? How many baserunners did he pick off with dart like accuracy throws to Pujols at first this year? And all the 12-6 curves he picked out of the dirt last year from Waino and Carp. And you give him an 84? Definitely first thing I'm doing is editing ratings. I cannot wait to see what crap rating they gave Brendan Ryan who should have won gold glove at SS last year.
I say we just make ever Cardinal 99 overall, who's with me?
 
# 16 JermaineDye05 @ 02/20/10 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunlopp9987
Don't like Beckham. He's a punk kid who thinks he's the greatest thing to hit baseball since the bat. He just oozes cocky. Though that makes sense, look at their manager...

Anyone else surprised Mauer's power numbers aren't higher? 28 homeruns last season, finally gaining the power that everyone thought he would eventually have. That may have to be something I edit when I get the game...
You couldn't be more wrong.
 
# 17 dunlopp9987 @ 02/20/10 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JermaineDye05
You couldn't be more wrong.
http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/blac...tion-swap.html

The manager calls him borderline cocky. Sooner or later that's gonna come back to bite him. If he were with a different manager who encouraged players to play the game the right way, maybe he would change that. Unfortunately, at this moment, Ozzie Guillen is still manning that disaster of a team.
 
# 18 JermaineDye05 @ 02/20/10 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunlopp9987
http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/blac...tion-swap.html

The manager calls him borderline cocky. Sooner or later that's gonna come back to bite him. If he were with a different manager who encouraged players to play the game the right way, maybe he would change that. Unfortunately, at this moment, Ozzie Guillen is still manning that disaster of a team.
I don't want to turn this into a Beckham debate, but Tim Kurkjian of ESPN has described Beckham as an Evan Longoria type. Being that he has a little cockiness to him (just enough to think that he belongs in the Majors) but very respectful of the game.

I don't think his "cockiness" will "come back to bite him". Many agree that Beckham is a stud and fully expect him to explode this season.

Clearly you have some reservations against the White Sox which I feel is clouding your judgement on Beckham.

Back to the topic at hand...

I'll be interested to see how much potential factors in on these ratings. I wonder how high they'll rate other highly regarded prospects from last season like McCutchen, Bailey, Beckham, Andrus, etc.
 
# 19 ParisB @ 02/20/10 03:44 PM
The list looks fine with me.

I love how every one of these threads turns into a //player from my team should be higher WTF!!!!//
 
# 20 JermaineDye05 @ 02/20/10 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisB
The list looks fine with me.

I love how every one of these threads turns into a //player from my team should be higher WTF!!!!//
Well of course. Our teams are the best in the majors and will win the world series until the end of time! So each player on our teams should be rated 100.
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.