Home
MLB 2K10 News Post

Check out the debut trailer for Major League Baseball 2K10.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K10Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 33 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 PVarck31 @ 12/14/09 05:34 PM
Pretty funny. Let hope they can back it up on the field.
 
# 2 Blzer @ 12/14/09 06:11 PM
March 2nd? Guess that's what I expected, but I just hope that's enough "time" so to speak.
 
# 3 Jamin23 @ 12/14/09 06:13 PM
I think 2k is getting better at promoting their products. A early video I hope there is more info coming soon. I really want this game to bee good.
 
# 4 mike24forever @ 12/14/09 06:44 PM
I really hope the work on the pitcher vs hitter. It's what makes the game so beautiful. Setting up the hitter vs. the hitter come up to the plate and making the necessary adjustments. I would love for 2K to add a protect the plate feature. Maybe a weaker swing, where the likelyhood of fouling off a ball - opposed to getting a hit. Of course this would be ratings based. Some hitters would be better then others.
 
# 5 Artman22 @ 12/14/09 11:12 PM
seems like 2k is actually trying to sell their game this year. They are actually early on their marketing..
 
# 6 Brady2Moss81 @ 12/15/09 02:21 AM
Very funny, lol. My favorite commercial is till the Show's from last year I think? The Dustin Pedroia one. "Oh I'm sorry, I was just polishing my MVP trophy." That was solid gold. Hopefully 2k10 comes out good this year, 2k9 was a step in the right direction. They're almost there.
 
# 7 thornie @ 12/15/09 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms24forever
I really hope the work on the pitcher vs hitter. It's what makes the game so beautiful. Setting up the hitter vs. the hitter come up to the plate and making the necessary adjustments. I would love for 2K to add a protect the plate feature. Maybe a weaker swing, where the likelyhood of fouling off a ball - opposed to getting a hit. Of course this would be ratings based. Some hitters would be better then others.
i honestly think they will. The one thing 2k got right the last two years has been the pitching side of the ball. It's the one thing that makes the game playable over the Show. If they continue to improve on that aspect, we will have a half decent game this year.
 
# 8 Trevytrev11 @ 12/15/09 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thornie
i honestly think they will. The one thing 2k got right the last two years has been the pitching side of the ball. It's the one thing that makes the game playable over the Show. If they continue to improve on that aspect, we will have a half decent game this year.
I agree on the user side of the game, but the AI pitching was still, IMO, just a series of random pitch types and locations. There just seems to be no liquid, on the fly, dynamic to the AI's pitching logic. The outcome of the pitch (strike or ball) seemed to be the only thing taken into account and not what the hitter actually did with the pitch. In other words, whether your hitter crushed a hanging curveball 450 feet foul for strike two or chased a curve in the dirt for strike two seemed to have no impact on what the next pitch would be. Everything just seemed to be a roll of the dice and you'd see 0-2 changeups up and in called by the AI.

If they could add a reactive system that actually learned from your tendencies, I think it would take this game to great levels. It could start of basic at first and they could take it deeper in future years, but there has to be a way that the computer picks up on some very general tendencies and then exploits them. If you swing at every pitch, the computer should begin to expand the zone until you adjust.

And I could argue it was even worse on the AI hitting side as even after the patch, even the most patient hitters in real life acted as Clones of Vlad in the game.

They have done a great job capturing the stances and windups of these players, but IMO, that is where it stops. At almost no point playing this game, do I feel like I am actually facing these players. Occasionally I get a glimpse of what feels like Tom Glavine pitching like Tom Glavine, but for the most part I get Tom Glavine pitching like Joe Shmoe.

Where is Albert Pujols taking and fighting of pitches until you make a mistake? Where is Jason Kendall refusing to swing the bat until he has two strikes? They all kind of share the same mentality when at the plate.

I think some very generic hitter/pitcher personalities would do wonders to this game to add a level or realism that differentiates one player from another.
 
# 9 Eddie1967 @ 12/18/09 09:41 PM
Looking forward to a great game this year.
 
# 10 Jamin23 @ 12/18/09 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
Looking forward to a great game this year.
Me too. With what we know so far I have a feeling that it is going to be a good game this year. I know it's not going to be up to par with the show, but I think this game will at least be playable.
 
# 11 EnigmaNemesis @ 12/18/09 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
Me too. With what we know so far I have a feeling that it is going to be a good game this year. I know it's not going to be up to par with the show, but I think this game will at least be playable.

Just curious... but "what do we know so far"?

I have yet to see any info, please point me to the right direction.

 
# 12 Jamin23 @ 12/18/09 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Just curious... but "what do we know so far"?

I have yet to see any info, please point me to the right direction.

Basically this. http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-mlb-2k10.html. It's not a lot, but it's a start. It just talks about the audio. There really hasn't been a lot of info out.
 
# 13 DaveDQ @ 12/19/09 09:00 AM
I need to preface this with the reality that I want this game to be successful. I really do.

However, you don't make your first video with no gameplay. You have a competitor that has consistently outdone you in this generation. Put something up that show what you're talking about. Show that your game has pop. All this shows me is that they are relying on celebrity to boost their product.
 
# 14 Spectre @ 12/19/09 10:14 AM
That was a nice, funny video. I love hearing guys talk about baseball, and hearing King Felix talk about his approach to Longoria was great. Plus, the cambio is my favorite pitch. Nice to see Bailey get some recognition after his great season as well.

I don't need to see gameplay in December. Once the calendar turns, yeah then I'll expect some. With the pressure on the MLB 2K team, I hope for their sakes that they put out a good product this year.
 
# 15 SPTO @ 12/19/09 10:20 AM
That was a funny fluff video there

It seems that they have put more emphasis on the batter/pitcher dynamic if you take what Longoria said at the end as gospel. I'm REALLY hoping this game does well or else X360 owners are truly screwed for years to come when it comes to baseball gaming.
 
# 16 Money99 @ 12/21/09 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
I think 2k is getting better at promoting their products. A early video I hope there is more info coming soon. I really want this game to bee good.
The words 'better' and 'promoting' rarely deserve to be in the same sentence when discussing 2K's marketing tactics.

Hopefully they've learned some lessens and decided to actually promote some of their sports games earlier than 2 weeks before release.

I really want 2K10 to be a good baseball game. I love analog fielding. It's a big enough thing for me that I'd consider 2K10 over The Show.
 
# 17 Jamin23 @ 12/21/09 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
The words 'better' and 'promoting' rarely deserve to be in the same sentence when discussing 2K's marketing tactics.

Hopefully they've learned some lessens and decided to actually promote some of their sports games earlier than 2 weeks before release.

I really want 2K10 to be a good baseball game. I love analog fielding. It's a big enough thing for me that I'd consider 2K10 over The Show.
I take what I said back. We could at least get one screen shot before the new year. Just give us one or more of Evan Longoria because the show already put out a slew of info. 2K should counter that with some info about 2k10.
 
# 18 Money99 @ 12/21/09 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
I take what I said back. We could at least get one screen shot before the new year. Just give us one or more of Evan Longoria because the show already put out a slew of info. 2K should counter that with some info about 2k10.
Totally agree.
If the game is out in 3 months, surely we should have some screenshots by now?

But this is 2K's way. Check out the forums for the rest of their sports games and you'll see the same complaining for all of them.

Their marketing department is reactive, not proactive.
The Show is arguably the best sports game on the market right now and yet 2K acts like they're the only one making a baseball game.

David might have beaten Goliath with a pebble, but 2K will have no such luck.
They should have been the first one to release screenshots and video. Not the other way around.

I really want 2K to be a good baseball game. The Show is growing stale for me. So if 2K screws up this sport too (hockey looks like it could be done), I'll be ticked.
 
# 19 EnigmaNemesis @ 12/21/09 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99

The Show is arguably the best sports game on the market right now and yet 2K acts like they're the only one making a baseball game.

It is because, in their eyes, they are (360/PC). It seems like they almost write off the PS3/PSP. Especially with the "lack of a patch" for 2K8 on the PS3, but the 360 received one for the same issues.
 
# 20 Jamin23 @ 12/21/09 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
It is because, in their eyes, they are (360/PC). It seems like they almost write off the PS3/PSP. Especially with the "lack of a patch" for 2K8 on the PS3, but the 360 received one for the same issues.
If I were them I would focus on the 360 and PC version just because the majority of PS3 owners don't even look at 2k as an option. They should try to make those versions the best they can be.
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.