Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Madden NFL 10 patch #2 is now available for the Xbox 360. Please post your impressions here.

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 BlueNGold @ 12/10/09 04:31 AM
Just downloaded it. Loaded up my old Chargers Franchise and it has the Draft Info for all the players. Can't wait to play some games now. Finally after all these months.
 
# 2 BlueNGold @ 12/10/09 04:37 AM
First play of the game for me vs. the Broncos and it's safe to say the QB takes sacks now, lol. Sacked Jason Campbell and forced a fumble with Shaun Phillips coming off the edge. Pre patch that would have been a throw away by the CPU.
 
# 3 RedZoneD25 @ 12/10/09 04:44 AM
when someone gets a min could you see if they patched a picture in for either tim hightower rb arizona, jairus byrd fs buffalo or joe mays mlb eagles?? thanks!!
 
# 4 BlueNGold @ 12/10/09 04:48 AM
Offensive lineman actually try to get a seal on the outside when you call an outside run now. Very nice to see.
 
# 5 Pappy Knuckles @ 12/10/09 05:00 AM
What a way to wake up. Oh yeah.
 
# 6 mmorg @ 12/10/09 05:15 AM
Nothing showing up for me.
 
# 7 Purple28Pedestrian @ 12/10/09 05:24 AM
franchise stats for RBs and Sacks still the same for 360 as they are for PS3???
 
# 8 buddha9009 @ 12/10/09 05:43 AM
i am seeing way more sacks by OLB's then before playing
 
# 9 BlueNGold @ 12/10/09 06:00 AM
Just finished beating the Broncos 38-10 in my Chargers franchise. Some things I've noticed so far post patch:

-Speed of the game has been tuned. I was playing on Very Slow and it feels slower than pre-patch.

-Blocking is a lot better. Like I said a few posts before, the o-line will actually try to get a seal on outside runs. I also had a TD run where my FB Mike Tolbert ran out and blocked the safety about 10 yards downfield, something I never saw pre patch.



EA Sports: Madden NFL 10 Video Highlight


-Passing is better. I say this because IMO it feels like they toned down those superman jumping swats. There were quite a few passing plays where before this patch I know for a fact I wouldn't have been able to complete the pass because a defender would have swatted the ball but now I can make those throws.

Here's a video of a pass that would have been swatted down before but not anymore post patch:



EA Sports: Madden NFL 10 Video Highlight


-CPU QB gets rid of the ball before a sack less frequently and also at much better times. I got 4 sacks this game on Jason Campbell and the times where I did get to him and he threw it away, it was realistic. One was when I came from his blindside and hit him as he was already throwing and the other was when I came right down the middle at him and he threw it away. None of those high duck passes happened either.

-Wire camera is fixed. My video above shows that it is fixed. Before it used to start off zoomed in really close but its fixed now. Replays for the most part last longer. On some of my TD runs it showed the celebration instead of cutting off as soon as the ball crossed the goal line. There was one weird replay though that cut off as the ball was being thrown.

Here's an example of replays lasting longer than before:



EA Sports: Madden NFL 10 Video Highlight


-On kickoffs the player you control doesn't get knocked on his *** every time.

-CPU throws to their best receiver a lot more. Brandon Marshall was the Broncos leading receiver with 5 catches.

-CPU throws to the outside more instead of over the middle.

-No more CPU sell out blitzes on 3rd down.

-There are replays after TD's now but not every time. Another thing is there were 2 TD replays that came up but cut off as they were starting and I didn't press A to skip them.

-Chain gang cutscene didn't come up once for me, which is a good thing as before you would see it every game.

-Adaptive AI adapts faster now.

That's about it off the top of my head. All in all I'm really, really happy with how the game plays now. Hopefully no issues pop up because that game I just played was one of the better games of Madden 10 I've played even though it was a blowout.
 
# 10 BlueNGold @ 12/10/09 06:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple28Pedestrian
franchise stats for RBs and Sacks still the same for 360 as they are for PS3???
Checking this right now...

And it isn't good.

Adrian Peterson just went off for 2,549 yards and 28 TDs on 337 carries. Frank Gore was right behind him with 2,011 yards and 20 TDs on 345 carries.

There is 3 guys that finished the year at or above 7 yards per carry. Chris Johnson, Cedric Benson and Adrian Peterson. Johnson and Benson carried the ball 182 and 233 times respectively.

Some good news is 14 RBs finished with double digits in TDs. Frank and Adrian are the only ones that crossed the 20 TD mark.

In terms of QB stats, Tom Brady had the most passing TDs at 37. He also had 17 INTs. Altogether there were 8 guys that passed for 30+ TDs on the year.

4 QBs went over 4,000 yards passing with Tom Brady being the high man at 4, 799 yards.

Here's some more bad news: 4 guys went over the 20+ sack mark. Kyle Vanden Bosch was the highest at 22.0. John Abraham, Lamar Woodley and Trent Cole were the other 3 guys at 20+ sacks.

3-4 OLB sack numbers look good. Obviously Woodley had 20+ sacks. Shawne Merriman, DeMarcus Ware, Shaun Phillips, Elvis Dumervil, James Harrison, Pierre Woods, Anthony Spencer and Adalius Thomas are the 3-4 backers that went over 10+ sacks on the year.

Anything else you want to know?
 
# 11 sportskid84 @ 12/10/09 06:08 AM
Thank you 360 users for giving more insight about gameplay
 
# 12 Purple28Pedestrian @ 12/10/09 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Checking this right now...
thanks much appreciated
 
# 13 tarantism @ 12/10/09 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple28Pedestrian
thanks much appreciated
x2. I am set to do some pretty major testing to get sim stats going the right way...hopefully some miracle happened and the 360 patch has better simmed stats then the PS3. Would save me a lot of work hahaha.
 
# 14 sportyguyfl31 @ 12/10/09 06:12 AM
Im more interested in head to head play. Here's what I need to know:

1) Hook or "yellow zone" awarness: Are the defenders no longer walking zombies? Do they acknowledge the slant and drag routes being run right in their neighborhoods? Do they actually close on the dang ball?


2) Flat route recognition in man and zone coverage: Are the defenders getting to their position?

In man coverage, are they taking sensible angles on flat routes?


3) Are pass rushers and blitzers allowing themselvs to get sucked in on play action fakes on 3rd and long still? Do they have a better sense of down/distance?
 
# 15 BigBlue @ 12/10/09 06:24 AM
BlueNGold, now THAT'S what I call Impressions!!!!!! Can't wait to fire this bad boy up when I get home. Thanks for your impressions, man!

BigBlue
 
# 16 Purple28Pedestrian @ 12/10/09 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Checking this right now...

And it isn't good.

Adrian Peterson just went off for 2,549 yards and 28 TDs on 337 carries. Frank Gore was right behind him with 2,011 yards and 20 TDs on 345 carries.

There is 3 guys that finished the year at or above 7 yards per carry. Chris Johnson, Cedric Benson and Adrian Peterson. Johnson and Benson carried the ball 182 and 233 times respectively.

Some good news is 14 RBs finished with double digits in TDs. Frank and Adrian are the only ones that crossed the 20 TD mark.

In terms of QB stats, Tom Brady had the most passing TDs at 37. He also had 17 INTs. Altogether there were 8 guys that passed for 30+ TDs on the year.

4 QBs went over 4,000 yards passing with Tom Brady being the high man at 4, 799 yards.

Here's some more bad news: 4 guys went over the 20+ sack mark. Kyle Vanden Bosch was the highest at 22.0. John Abraham, Lamar Woodley and Trent Cole were the other 3 guys at 20+ sacks.

3-4 OLB sack numbers look good. Obviously Woodley had 20+ sacks. Shawne Merriman, DeMarcus Ware, Shaun Phillips, Elvis Dumervil, James Harrison, Pierre Woods, Anthony Spencer and Adalius Thomas are the 3-4 backers that went over 10+ sacks on the year.

Anything else you want to know?
no thanks, I was just hoping that for some reason the RB stats wouldn't be ridiculous like the PS3 argh....oh well thanks tho
 
# 17 BigBlue @ 12/10/09 06:27 AM
Guys, it might also help to mention what level you are playing the game on when you post your thoughts. If you're seeing coverage of the flats still broken, is it a particular difficulty, or slider causing it now? Something we'll need to test.

BigBlue
 
# 18 BlueNGold @ 12/10/09 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple28Pedestrian
thanks much appreciated
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarantism
x2. I am set to do some pretty major testing to get sim stats going the right way...hopefully some miracle happened and the 360 patch has better simmed stats then the PS3. Would save me a lot of work hahaha.
Just edited my last post with the results of the sim. Same results that PS3 guys were having. RB yardage is pretty high, YPC is high and sack numbers are high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
Here's what I need to know:

1) Hook or "yellow zone" awarness: Are the defenders no longer walking zombies? Do they acknowledge the slant and drag routes being run right in their neighborhoods? Do they actually close on the dang ball?


2) Flat route recognition in man and zone coverage: Are the defenders getting to their position?

In man coverage, are they taking sensible angles on flat routes?


3) Are pass rushers and blitzers allowing themselvs to get sucked in on play action fakes on 3rd and long still? Do they have a better sense of down/distance?
Yes to #1. They are more aware in yellow zones, IMO.

As for #2, from the CPU teams standpoint I'm not sure as I'm still in the mode of not throwing to my backs from pre-patch so I didn't throw a pass to the flats my last game but when the CPU threw to the flats on me (which wasn't often) my guys were able to contain Moreno and only allow a couple yards where as before it would have been a big run after the catch so I'm assuming that would carry over to the CPU team's A.I.

#3 I never noticed but I wasn't looking for it so I will next game and let you know if no one else does.
 
# 19 BlueNGold @ 12/10/09 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue
Guys, it might also help to mention what level you are playing the game on when you post your thoughts. If you're seeing coverage of the flats still broken, is it a particular difficulty, or slider causing it now? Something we'll need to test.

BigBlue
I'm playing on All-Pro default, advanced playcalling with fatigue at 100 being the only change.
 
# 20 BlueNGold @ 12/10/09 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopeboy206
Will this patch affect online franchise?
Of course.
 

« Previous1234567891314Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.