Home
News Post

According to Kotaku, we might see the Gran Turismo 5 demo on December 17th.

Quote:
"Sony announced today that, come December 17, we'll be able to play a Gran Turismo 5 demo. Probably.

See, there's a little confusion as to whether this is a GT5 demo or just some new, GT5-flavoured content sprinkled atop the existing GT5 Prologue. The download is called the "Gran Turismo 5 Time Trial Challenge" in the US, and in Europe, "GT Academy 2010". Not, as you'd think it'd be called, the "Gran Turismo 5 Demo."

Member Comments
# 1 countryboy @ 12/04/09 11:03 AM
I sure hope this drops on Dec 17th. Demo or time trials I don't care...I am jonesing for some GT5.
 
# 2 42 @ 12/05/09 01:13 PM
Me too CB, I hope this happens!
 
# 3 Cassle2Wade @ 12/06/09 02:05 PM
been a while since ive played GT , but hopefully this game will be a step forward and not a step back from the older games.
 
# 4 DirtyJerz32 @ 12/17/09 12:31 PM
Did this come out today?
 
# 5 RunN1st @ 12/17/09 12:41 PM
DirtyJerz32.. Who is that chic in your avatar, bro?
 
# 6 JMD @ 12/17/09 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
Did this come out today?
As of 1:00pm est no demo on the PSN.
 
# 7 LingeringRegime @ 12/17/09 01:18 PM
It's out in the UK store.
 
# 8 CaptainZombie @ 12/17/09 01:57 PM
Can't wait to hear some impressions.
 
# 9 DirtyJerz32 @ 12/17/09 02:12 PM
I've been watching vids all day at work. Come on guys! Post them if you can.
 
# 10 Blzer @ 12/17/09 02:36 PM
I first saw your avatar and thought I created this thread.

I'll be downloading this tomorrow, though it doesn't sound like much of a demo.
 
# 11 DirtyJerz32 @ 12/17/09 02:50 PM
Def nice. Did it come out today or tomorrow?
 
# 12 rockchisler @ 12/17/09 03:47 PM
I am dowmloading now ( from my Euro account ) will give impressions in a few. It is only 219mb, very quick download. Its just a Time trial at a Indy raceway, (Not indy 500 track) You are racing at Nissan trying to get a good time.
 
# 13 mgoblue @ 12/17/09 03:55 PM
Does the demo cost 10 bucks?
 
# 14 DirtyJerz32 @ 12/17/09 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
I am dowmloading now ( from my Euro account ) will give impressions in a few. It is only 219mb, very quick download.
How do you get an euro account?
 
# 15 rockchisler @ 12/17/09 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
How do you get an euro account?
Create like you are making a new account and it will ask US, UK or Japan
 
# 16 rockchisler @ 12/17/09 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
Does the demo cost 10 bucks?
Free, its not even a Demo, just a time trial
 
# 17 DirtyJerz32 @ 12/17/09 04:27 PM
Thank man! Maybe the mods can sticky this and change the name? Just a thought.
 
# 18 bkfount @ 12/17/09 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
Free, its not even a Demo, just a time trial
Well it's pretty much aimed directly at the core GT5 player. It's on pro physics for the GT Academy, which makes a wheel virtually required. So people are complaining about sucking using the DS3.

While I played GT a lot on the ps1 and ps2, I've grown used to the 360 controller. Playing a racing game without using the triggers seems odd now, and the DS3 triggers are awful compared to the 360 controller.
 
# 19 DirtyJerz32 @ 12/17/09 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
Well it's pretty much aimed directly at the core GT5 player. It's on pro physics for the GT Academy, which makes a wheel virtually required. So people are complaining about sucking using the DS3.

While I played GT a lot on the ps1 and ps2, I've grown used to the 360 controller. Playing a racing game without using the triggers seems odd now, and the DS3 triggers are awful compared to the 360 controller.
I was planning on getting one anyway so I guess it's not bad. I'm used to the controller the 360 also. It's gonna take some time getting used to a new game.
 
# 20 countryboy @ 12/17/09 09:57 PM
time trial is nice, but gets boring very quickly. Cannot wait for the full game though.
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.