Home
Total Extreme Wrestling 2010 News Post

Phoenix, AZ November 1, 2009 - Grey Dog Software, a Phoenix based developer of sports management simulation software for personal computers is happy to announce Total Extreme Wrestling 2010 to be released first quarter 2010. TEW2010 is scheduled to be available for digital download exclusively via Grey Dog Software for US $34.95. Building on the enormous success of its predecessors, TEW2010 takes the series to new heights with a multitude of great new features and changes, including many of the most popular suggestions made by TEW fans.

Due to popular demand, beginning November 2nd Ryland will launch a much anticipated developerís journal, depicting his game plans, strategies and hints.

Total Extreme Wrestling 2010 allows players to take on the role of a wrestling promoter, where it is up to you to try and steer your chosen company to the top of the industry, along the way dealing with prima donna superstars, wars and alliances with other wrestling companies, and the demands of TV corporations!

The Extreme Warfare series of games has been considered the premier brand of wrestling simulators for over a decade, having built up a huge fan base through word-of-mouth. Since its original release in 1995, including the award-winning "Extreme Warfare Revenge" title released in 2003, the extremely popular "Total Extreme Wrestling" release in 2004, Ryland's popular achievement in 2005, "Wrestling Spirit," and each titles subsequent episode, fans have come to expect the most accurate portrayal of the wrestling world from Adam Ryland games. Total Extreme Wrestling 2010 enhances Rylandís collection, accomplishing the fifth consecutive installment in the series.

For more information regarding Total Extreme Wrestling 2010 please visit Grey Dogís official website: www.greydogsoftware.com. Or, to check out Rylandís upcoming developerís journal visit Grey Dogís forums: http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/.

Game: Total Extreme Wrestling 2010Hype Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PCVotes for game: 2 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 JohnDoe8865 @ 11/02/09 10:02 PM
Can't wait to hear what the new features are.
 
# 2 The GIGGAS @ 11/16/09 10:05 PM
OMG HOW'D I MISS THIS??

I've instantly become as interested as I possibly can be. I love TEW.

TEW is better than you!

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...ad.php?t=59395

That's the dev journal. Sounds good... hell, drag and drop booking is enough for me to buy it.
 
# 3 JohnDoe8865 @ 11/16/09 10:52 PM
So far the new features sound incredible for mod makers. Hoping to see some more ease of use features and cool little extras like the "random deaths" upcoming feature.
 
# 4 The GIGGAS @ 11/16/09 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
So far the new features sound incredible for mod makers. Hoping to see some more ease of use features and cool little extras like the "random deaths" upcoming feature.
The faster it takes to get real life mods out, the better.
 
# 5 JohnDoe8865 @ 11/17/09 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
The faster it takes to get real life mods out, the better.
I completely agree there.
 
# 6 The GIGGAS @ 11/17/09 04:16 PM
When this drops... I'll probably end up running a dynasty here on OS... I know I flame out dynasties pretty fast, though, so who knows how long it'll take this time.

But I might just run with the CornellVerse and put my own stuff on it.
 
# 7 JohnDoe8865 @ 11/17/09 04:22 PM
I'm still playing TEW08 daily. I'm only in April 2010 in the game world with a real life mod using TNA that started in summer 09, but I'm having a great time. I play it more than most of my console games.
 
# 8 CMH @ 11/17/09 04:45 PM
I always want to give this game more than a demo chance, but I just never do it.

This might be the version I do it. I've always liked the idea of being a wrestling promoter.
 
# 9 The GIGGAS @ 11/17/09 05:03 PM
I'd play more often if I had a Windows computer, or if Adam ported the game to Linux. But I'm planning on building a box with Win7 and Ubuntu in a virtual machine... so I just have to make it before this drops.
 
# 10 DTX3 @ 11/18/09 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
I'm still playing TEW08 daily. I'm only in April 2010 in the game world with a real life mod using TNA that started in summer 09, but I'm having a great time. I play it more than most of my console games.
You and me are probably playing the same mod. I'm currently in July 2010 with TNA wrestling. Mr. Anderson defeated Hulk Hogan for the TNA title in Hulk's last match before he retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeePride
I always want to give this game more than a demo chance, but I just never do it.

This might be the version I do it. I've always liked the idea of being a wrestling promoter.
TEW 2005 is free. I suggest downloading that to get a feel for how the game works. Can't wait for 2010, been waiting for a while for it to be announced.
 
# 11 JohnDoe8865 @ 11/18/09 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTX3
You and me are probably playing the same mod. I'm currently in July 2010 with TNA wrestling. Mr. Anderson defeated Hulk Hogan for the TNA title in Hulk's last match before he retired.
LOL, we probably are. Bobby Lashley just beat Kurt Angle @ Lockdown in my latest big PPV event and the MEM lost to Sting, Daniels, and Team 3D.

I've been building my undercard up heavily (ala WCW 1995) with a lot of cheap indy workers so that the big name guys can still get me buyrates, but also jobbing the oldest ones out to help make new stars.
 
# 12 DTX3 @ 11/18/09 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
LOL, we probably are. Bobby Lashley just beat Kurt Angle @ Lockdown in my latest big PPV event and the MEM lost to Sting, Daniels, and Team 3D.

I've been building my undercard up heavily (ala WCW 1995) with a lot of cheap indy workers so that the big name guys can still get me buyrates, but also jobbing the oldest ones out to help make new stars.
I got rid of the dead weight like Lashley, Nash, Steiner ect ect. But not before they jobbed. I raided ROH for most of their talent so it's basically TNA/ROH. I'm pushing Homicide hard right now, he'll be ready to contend for the title soon.
 
# 13 CMH @ 11/19/09 12:43 PM
You obviously choose the result of the fight, right? Just trying to remember.

Also, is this not on mac? No mac means no demo or purchase. Shame.
 
# 14 The GIGGAS @ 11/19/09 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeePride
You obviously choose the result of the fight, right? Just trying to remember.

Also, is this not on mac? No mac means no demo or purchase. Shame.
You can choose it, or allow it to be chosen by the Road Agent.

No official Mac support.
 
# 15 woody2goody @ 11/19/09 06:34 PM
I bought TEW 08, and the thing that stops me from playing it a lot is that it takes a long time just to book one show.

If they have shortened the time it takes then I'm pretty sure I'll get it, because I love the game when I play it.

I enjoy bringing proper wrestling back to the WWE.
 
# 16 The GIGGAS @ 11/20/09 04:18 PM
For whatever reason, TEW is the most fun game I've ever played. I guess it's being creative and junk... but every time I play I love it. Bugs? Don't even matter to me.

Just let me start up Virginia Pro Wrestling again, let me sign some key undervalued guys, and I'll start reaching for the top, baby.

God, I almost want to pull TEW out again. I can't wait to build my PC so I have a beast to run it on.
 
# 17 The GIGGAS @ 11/24/09 10:16 AM
Ooooh, I like this:

Quote:
#17: Outside Media Opportunities

If you are playing as a large promotion and have big name wrestlers on your roster, occasionally you will be contacted by various media outlets requesting interviews \ appearances by your stars. You can choose whether or not to accept the request.

For each appearance you will be able to see two ratings, Safety (how sympathetic the media outlet is, or how likely they are to intentionally try and embarrass the wrestler) and Exposure (how many people are going to see it).

Successful appearances can boost a wrestler (and maybe the promotion's) popularity, whereas a disaster can do the opposite.
Sounds like it could be fun and helpful. Hopefully there are local news outlets that do that, and not just big outlets.
 
# 18 Steven547 @ 11/25/09 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
I'm still playing TEW08 daily. I'm only in April 2010 in the game world with a real life mod using TNA that started in summer 09, but I'm having a great time. I play it more than most of my console games.
So what is the exact premise of this game? Can you book matches and have the CPU determine the outcome based on stats? Or is it entirely your decision as to who wins or loses? If you are the one to determine who wins, wouldn't that get boring after awhile? And why would there be stats for the wrestlers if this is the case?

Any answers appreciated!
 
# 19 The GIGGAS @ 11/25/09 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547
So what is the exact premise of this game? Can you book matches and have the CPU determine the outcome based on stats? Or is it entirely your decision as to who wins or loses? If you are the one to determine who wins, wouldn't that get boring after awhile? And why would there be stats for the wrestlers if this is the case?

Any answers appreciated!
You can let the CPU pick the winner, but it pretty much just goes by overness. This is a simulator of being the head booker of a wrestling promotion. You get the reigns to make the stories, the matches and outcomes, and everything. Just like a head booker, you've got to tell some stories.

Stats help with match ratings, which are all important with how popular your federation is. Good matches = higher popularity.
 
# 20 The GIGGAS @ 11/25/09 11:49 AM
I don't know about this whole regeneration thing... What if you have Bret Hart... and he passes... you get a brand new Bret Hart?

I'll have to read more about it, but it seems like I'll be turning that off.
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.