Home
News Post

Check out MLB 09 The Show’s World Series prediction, complete with video highlights.

Quote:
"With the World Series starting up tonight, we’d like to peer into the future a bit using the most authentic baseball simulation around, MLB 09 The Show. Utilizing the Artificial Intelligence (AI) in MLB 09 The Show, we simulated the 2009 World Series and the results were very interesting – especially if you’re from Pennsylvania."

Game: MLB '09: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 89 - View All
MLB '09: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 bcruise @ 10/28/09 07:38 PM
I can completely believe that result, but I don't know about "stunning". They are the defending champs, after all...
 
# 2 MelMan1486 @ 10/28/09 08:15 PM
I heard jimmy rollins simmed it and they "stunned" them in 5, then he simmed it again and they were nice and took them to a game 6 before they won it.
 
# 3 nadasfan @ 10/28/09 09:02 PM
Cool video highlights. I was surprised that the World Series Logos were not on the field though.
 
# 4 nemesis04 @ 10/28/09 10:59 PM
Well, it is looking like the Show got the first game correct with a potential first game win for the Phillies. Utley is well on his way for MVP honors.

I hope you guys in SD did not jinx my Yanks. There is going to be trouble!
 
# 5 42 @ 10/28/09 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Well, it is looking like the Show got the first game correct with a potential first game win for the Phillies. Utley is well on his way for MVP honors.

I hope you guys in SD did not jinx my Yanks. There is going to be trouble!

Yes, there will be indeed!
 
# 6 Infinite202 @ 10/29/09 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFudge
not to pull this topic off base but do you feel MLB is authentic enough that it actually realistically captures the MLB's player's feilding abilities, tendencies and styles?

I always felt that all baseball video games never really captured the defensive attributes and translated them to match their real life counterparts. While I do believe The Show has the smoothest looking and playing fielding in the game, I sometimes feel that all the players arent animated distinctly enough to demonstrate their subtle defensive strengths and weaknesses.

And this to me, if improved, is what would make the gameplay feel even more diverse and unique from game to game and team to team as well as give each of the players even more individuality and personality

What do you guys think?
While definitely off-topic, I agree.
 
# 7 countryboy @ 10/29/09 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFudge
not to pull this topic off base but do you feel MLB is authentic enough that it actually realistically captures the MLB's player's feilding abilities, tendencies and styles?

I always felt that all baseball video games never really captured the defensive attributes and translated them to match their real life counterparts. While I do believe The Show has the smoothest looking and playing fielding in the game, I sometimes feel that all the players arent animated distinctly enough to demonstrate their subtle defensive strengths and weaknesses.

And this to me, if improved, is what would make the gameplay feel even more diverse and unique from game to game and team to team as well as give each of the players even more individuality and personality


What do you guys think?

I love it.

Acknowledge and in a sense, apologize for pulling the thread off topic, and then asks for others to respond and keep the thread off topic.

Good discussion topic, but start a new thread about it, don't hi-jack this one. LOL
 
# 8 countryboy @ 10/29/09 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett_OS
Yes, there will be indeed!
LOL..SCEA Dev team will be
 
# 9 Doormat @ 10/29/09 07:23 PM
Being a Yankee fan and all I think this game might be the same as what you guys predicted. But one thing I will disagree with is the scores of each game.. other then that everything/detail is spot on! Including Chase Utley as MVP.
 
# 10 nemesis04 @ 10/29/09 11:41 PM
So far the Show is 2 for 2 in predicting team wins.
 
# 11 econoodle @ 10/30/09 12:24 AM
The sim engine in this game sucks! lolol
j/k
 
# 12 Rod_Carew29 @ 10/30/09 11:02 PM
LOL

wow...basically a one-way slugfest for each game winner, save for that 5-4 game....hmmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Check out MLB 09 The Show’s World Series prediction, complete with video highlights.
 
# 13 42 @ 11/03/09 07:54 PM
Based on SCEA's prediction, Yanks win Game 6: 6-1


Let's go Andy!
 
# 14 econoodle @ 11/05/09 05:15 PM
this only proves one thing, the show aint perfect.


close.

really, needs sports game of the year even over fifa 10
 
# 15 ckarlic @ 11/05/09 05:17 PM
Glad to see that the Show's prediction was wrong

Congratz Yankees and time to start planning on defending the World Championship in 2010.
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.