Home
FIFA 10 News Post

For those of you that can grab the FIFA Soccer 10 demo, please post your impressions here.

FIFA Soccer 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view FIFA Soccer 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: FIFA Soccer 10Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 9 - View All
FIFA Soccer 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Tomasperez9 @ 09/10/09 01:25 PM
I played three games and, to be honest, I am very impressed. Here are a couple new things I noticed:
- The new foul/tackling/muscling system adds a whole new element to the game.
- Quick free kicks!
- No animations
- The game seems a lot smoother
- You have much more control over your players
- The X+A/B+A fake shot/cross doesn't register almost half of the time (maybe that's just my timing though)
- The computer is actually fun to play against
- Curved runs are unbelievable. Messi ran from the right touchline all the way to the left hand side of the box on one off-ball run (of course he scuffs the shot when he finally gets it from Zlatan!)
- The computer seems to use the chip a little too often
- The computer is just a lot smarter, both strategy-wise (up a goal late in the game and they'll take out a striker for a midfielder, down a goal, the opposite) and gameplay-wise
- Overall, I am very impressed!

I used a European account to download it, by the way.
 
# 2 ~LiverpoolRed~ @ 09/10/09 01:43 PM
Found this on a message board. A guy had his keeper sent off and a message popped up on the screen:



Your GK has been Red Carded!

Please make sure to follow the following steps to replace him:

1. Replace the Red Carded GK with one of your 10 field players.

2. Replace the field player with your reserve GK.

3. Back out of the management screen.

If you have no GK on the bench one of your field players will have to guard your net for the rest of the match.
 
# 3 jaa1980 @ 09/10/09 02:52 PM
I also made euro account just to download this demo:

WOW, WOW, WOW

Gameplay just seems more realistic, really fun. Fouls, only 3 min demo, but had several in matches played so far. Love the controls now, and the computer AI definitely smarter.

First game I played as Chelsea vs Barcelona: went 0-0, and got to do penalty kicks to win (surprised this was in Demo), I stopped two of their kicks, and they blocked 1, so I won!! alot of great chances in match on both sides, and alot of great defensive play, and 3 fouls!!

Only thing that sucks, is Chicago fire as team choice, wish they had another 3 star team to play against. Not even close playing against the like of Chelsea and Barcelona. Also that I have to wait till Late October to get game.

I also switch all controls to Manual, definitely a challenge, but well worth it.
 
# 4 Bruins @ 09/10/09 03:04 PM
Tried going on my Euro account for this and it won't let me download... why's that?
 
# 5 Tomasperez9 @ 09/10/09 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins
Tried going on my Euro account for this and it won't let me download... why's that?
How so? What does it say? I created a Euro account (Germany) and it allowed me to download it easily (except for the fact I had to navigate through an all German dashboard to find FIFA10!).
 
# 6 Bruins @ 09/10/09 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomasperez9
How so? What does it say? I created a Euro account (Germany) and it allowed me to download it easily (except for the fact I had to navigate through an all German dashboard to find FIFA10!).
It tells me I need to have a Gold account.
 
# 7 poster @ 09/10/09 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomasperez9
How so? What does it say? I created a Euro account (Germany) and it allowed me to download it easily (except for the fact I had to navigate through an all German dashboard to find FIFA10!).
Can you change languages in-game to English or are the commentary and menus in German? I did the same region as it was the only directions I could find online. It was also hard for me to find where the demos were. I went back to my normal account and counted 5 clicks up to get to the demo section, ha.

Bruins, I think the account needs Gold to download it.

EDIT: Looks like you figured it out.
 
# 8 Bruins @ 09/10/09 03:20 PM
Nevermind, just created a new EU account.

Do I need to be signed into the EU account to play the demo? Or can I sign into my regular account?
 
# 9 ezio @ 09/10/09 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins
Nevermind, just created a new EU account.

Do I need to be signed into the EU account to play the demo? Or can I sign into my regular account?
You can use your regular account to play the demo
 
# 10 Bruins @ 09/10/09 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio
You can use your regular account to play the demo
Good news. Now I just get to wait for it to slowly download over my college's network.
 
# 11 Ridgeberg @ 09/10/09 03:32 PM
This is weird, I created a european account and joined Xbox Live, but it never gave me the 1 month free of Live Gold. Did I do something wrong? Does anyone have a code I could use to download the demo rather than paying $7.99 to join Live in order to do it? I am already a Live Gold member on my North American account.
 
# 12 ezio @ 09/10/09 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins
Good news. Now I just get to wait for it to slowly download over my college's network.
Good luck I am asking my wife to download it for me while I am at work. Most likely getting PES but want to try the Fifa demo to see what it is like.
 
# 13 phillyfan23 @ 09/10/09 03:48 PM
fifa 08 , fifa 09 were decent offerings, but I couldn't play it after a while because there was one gamekiller for me

cpu and human formations are NOT dynamic, not enough overlaps, not enough defenders pushing forward, and not enough defensive midfielders taking chances going forward

So what happens is when you and the cpu score 90 percent of the time it's either the forwards or the attacking midfielders. Yes I know they should score the majority, but from what I experienced this is way way too high. 90 percent might be too kind actually.

Fifa 10......STILL has the same problem.

first thing I checked when I played, and the positions are still too static and not enough flow. THe defenders play the last 3rd, midfielders play the middle and the forwards stick up front. Yes this is the starting look, but it shouldn't be restricted to this.

It's a shame really, because the game looks so beautiful . It might be hardcoded I don't know because I messed with team formations last year ....NOTHING worked.

looks like another year of a failed fifa.....starting to feel like the madden series for me.
 
# 14 Mo @ 09/10/09 03:48 PM
Created an account(360), now just gotta wait for it to download.
 
# 15 poster @ 09/10/09 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
fifa 08 , fifa 09 were decent offerings, but I couldn't play it after a while because there was one gamekiller for me

cpu and human formations are NOT dynamic, not enough overlaps, not enough defenders pushing forward, and not enough defensive midfielders taking chances going forward

So what happens is when you and the cpu score 90 percent of the time it's either the forwards or the attacking midfielders. Yes I know they should score the majority, but from what I experienced this is way way too high. 90 percent might be too kind actually.

Fifa 10......STILL has the same problem.

first thing I checked when I played, and the positions are still too static and not enough flow. THe defenders play the last 3rd, midfielders play the middle and the forwards stick up front. Yes this is the starting look, but it shouldn't be restricted to this.

It's a shame really, because the game looks so beautiful . It might be hardcoded I don't know because I messed with team formations last year ....NOTHING worked.

looks like another year of a failed fifa.....starting to feel like the madden series for me.
Not good, this was one of the things I was going to look for tonight. Big worry for me as well, and something the competition has always done better.
 
# 16 Tomasperez9 @ 09/10/09 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
fifa 08 , fifa 09 were decent offerings, but I couldn't play it after a while because there was one gamekiller for me

cpu and human formations are NOT dynamic, not enough overlaps, not enough defenders pushing forward, and not enough defensive midfielders taking chances going forward

So what happens is when you and the cpu score 90 percent of the time it's either the forwards or the attacking midfielders. Yes I know they should score the majority, but from what I experienced this is way way too high. 90 percent might be too kind actually.

Fifa 10......STILL has the same problem.

first thing I checked when I played, and the positions are still too static and not enough flow. THe defenders play the last 3rd, midfielders play the middle and the forwards stick up front. Yes this is the starting look, but it shouldn't be restricted to this.

It's a shame really, because the game looks so beautiful . It might be hardcoded I don't know because I messed with team formations last year ....NOTHING worked.

looks like another year of a failed fifa.....starting to feel like the madden series for me.
In the few games I played I actually wasn't having this issue. The midfielders pushed up into the final third (only 1 of my 3 goals was with a striker, and that was off a deflection off of a shot from Essien that Anelka then cleaned up). The fullbacks supported me down the wings. Maybe it was because of the way I play (I do a lot of LB+A passes in the midfield and down the flanks with my fullbacks), but I wasn't seeing what you're seeing.
 
# 17 phillyfan23 @ 09/10/09 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomasperez9
In the few games I played I actually wasn't having this issue. The midfielders pushed up into the final third (only 1 of my 3 goals was with a striker, and that was off a deflection off of a shot from a Essien that Anelka then cleaned up). The fullbacks supported me down the wings. Maybe it was because of the way I play (I do a lot of LB+A passes in the midfield and down the flanks with my fullbacks), but I wasn't seeing what you're seeing.

you can always change the way you play, and i did that last year, and actually tried to get my other midfielders to score. But it's a chore and feels too unnatural and doesnt work properly. To me what's really broken is the cpu play. They are WAYY too tied into their positions . For example a player like Pirlo loses a lot of his value when you're playing AGAINST him. Because he pushes forward to create and soemtimes to supply goals. But in the fifa series, he's strictly a "defensive" midfielder.

been there done that with this game.

like poster said above, PES does better in this area and still does better overall in the A.I department. Fifa wins in graphics, pacing, animations, and basically everything else.

But A.I is too big to ignore, and from what I've seen so far of the demo, fifa 10 lacks it.
 
# 18 Whitesox @ 09/10/09 04:47 PM
Downloading now!

Expect a bunch of impression in 2-3 hours.
 
# 19 Bamtino @ 09/10/09 04:58 PM
This is one of the best football games ive ever played...

I love it, i just tried to play FIFA 09 again after a few matches of FIFA 10 and i can't go back to that...Ball control is just that much better in FIFA 10 and the AI plays much smarter...They also slowed the game down a notch which was really needed and gave the ball some more weight...The flow of the pitch is so smooth, they absolutely nailed it...

Other than formations still being a bit too static and the goalkeeper making some very stupid errors (always leaves the box no matter what) there is nothing to really not to like here...

Job well done EA...
 
# 20 Tomasperez9 @ 09/10/09 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindflare210
How do you created a Euro account for Xbox 360?
There's this little thing called "Google" that comes in hand every once in a while...
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=...0c2f7c7f87ed47
 

« Previous12345678910Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.