Get Out of the Park Baseball 8 free.

"Some facts:
- Completely unlimited & free, for PC or Mac
- Play with 2007 major league rosters, fictional rosters, or with any historical roster from 1901 through 2007. It's all included.
- PC Game of the Year 2007 Award & second highest rated game of all time on Metacritic.com, 10/10 from Operations Sports, and PC Gamer Sports Game of the Year 2007 Award winner."

Member Comments
# 1 jct32 @ 09/11/09 10:04 PM
Yes, finally something good to play for free on my Mac. Thanks for posting this Steve.
# 2 LiquidCrash @ 09/11/09 10:06 PM
OOTP is the best text sim I've played. Version 8 is a little outdated, but is still very good. Give it a shot if you've never played it before.
# 3 Whitesox @ 09/12/09 08:44 AM
Thank you, steve.
# 4 MachoMyers @ 09/12/09 04:30 PM
I got started with OOTP on version 8. Great game and for free - its a must have for any baseball fan.
# 5 Vic1 @ 09/12/09 05:23 PM
Any way to get updated rosters and schedules for 2009 for OOTP 8?
# 6 Whitesox @ 09/17/09 08:20 AM
I would like to know that as well.

It's wierd, the mods link in the game takes me to the OOTP 9 mods section. Are those compatible? OOTP 8 doesn't even have a mods section.
# 7 jct32 @ 09/17/09 01:42 PM
The OOTP 9 mods work for OOTP 8
# 8 Whitesox @ 09/17/09 02:38 PM
So how do I install a roster? I would very, very much appreciate help with this. I can't seem to find anything on the subject.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...se-thread.html (That's the thread)
# 9 Whitesox @ 09/23/09 06:39 PM
Anyone know anything? I can't find where the saved games are, apparently I need to place the folder in there.
# 10 CarryTheWeight @ 09/23/09 11:51 PM
My only experience with the OOTP series was OOTP5 (got that one for free as well, not a big fan of buying non disc-based games online). All I have to say is...wow! So much more in-depth and immersive than any management game (in any sport) I've ever played.

I haven't followed OOTP X that closely...how does that game stack up to 8? On the surface it doesn't look like much has changed but I'm probably completely misinformed TBH.
# 11 bubba22plus @ 09/25/09 06:59 PM
I have OOTP X, I really can't tell you what has changed from 8 (it's been a while since i played 8), but i can tell you there are a lot of handy features coming in a patch this coming week so i'd suggest if you haven't already giving the demo a shot.
# 12 Stu @ 09/26/09 06:50 AM
OOTP X is miles ahead of OOTP 8. There have been many major improvements including scouting, individual pitches, etc. Not to mention all the big fixes and improved stability. X also has rosters up to date for the start of this MLB season.