Home
NHL 10 News Post

Check out the video preview of NHL 10 at G4TV.

Game: NHL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 28 - View All
NHL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 onlybygrace @ 08/14/09 02:14 PM
For the millionth time...

this game is gonna own.
 
# 2 TIm @ 08/14/09 02:17 PM
Some reason site comes up with the place where the video will show but it won't do anything. Even after I press the play in the middle of the box. Any suggestions to get this to work.
 
# 3 Money99 @ 08/14/09 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIm
Some reason site comes up with the place where the video will show but it won't do anything. Even after I press the play in the middle of the box. Any suggestions to get this to work.
Firefox?
 
# 4 TIm @ 08/14/09 02:23 PM
No, IE...I will try with firefox... Won't work with Ffox either.. Ok..I can surf page to page but whenever I try a video they don't work. Advertisements on the side time out...Any ideas with this??
 
# 5 Bolts_26 @ 08/14/09 03:16 PM
nothing we have not heard about but still, good find
 
# 6 CarryTheWeight @ 08/14/09 04:05 PM
Watching videos can only do so much at this point. I can't wait to try the game out for myself.
 
# 7 kai123 @ 08/14/09 10:30 PM
Looks like i'm buying this. But fighting will be turned off
 
# 8 Eddie1967 @ 08/15/09 09:24 AM
looks very nice. I just wish EA would incorporate signature styles into their game. It would go a long way towards making it more authentic.
 
# 9 MizzouRah @ 08/15/09 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarryTheWeight
Watching videos can only do so much at this point. I can't wait to try the game out for myself.
I'm with you! So ready for a demo...
 
# 10 jwilphl @ 08/15/09 07:57 PM
I'm worried that this game will look and sound too much like NHL '09 after watching that video. I realize it ought to be improved, but will it really be a standout game?

I guess we'll have to wait and see for now, but that concerns me a little. Has BAP been improved at all? Does the 'battle for the cup' mode transition into your dynasty as well and bring the excitement that it claims?

Like other EA titles it seems like more effort is being put into new game modes rather than trying to perfect the current gameplay first and then making additions.
 
# 11 Eddie1967 @ 08/16/09 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
I have to say after watching 2K's vids that the players in NHL 10 don't appear to be skating. More like they're gliding or flying as they don't even appear to be touching the ice surface. I suppose the reason has to do with the complete lack of player momentum.
I noticed this too. It's almost the floaty running you see in madden. 2k appears to have improved the skating really well this year compared to the EA videos. One reason why I'm renting NHL 10 to make sure it has improved as much as 2k10 has.
 
# 12 Flyermania @ 08/16/09 03:45 PM
NHL 10's boardplay is not static. You can move your player while against the boards.
 
# 13 Vikes1 @ 08/16/09 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
So ready for a demo...
Beyond ready.

I check in every day to see if info is out about the demo date. Damn...nothing yet. Can't wait to get out my, tied in knots 100' long ether net cable.
 
# 14 onlybygrace @ 08/16/09 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
Beyond ready.

I check in every day to see if info is out about the demo date. Damn...nothing yet. Can't wait to get out my, tied in knots 100' long ether net cable.

Long cable huh...thats the route I'll be going as well. How's that workin for ya???
 
# 15 Vikes1 @ 08/17/09 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
Long cable huh...thats the route I'll be going as well. How's that workin for ya???
The router is in our basement, and my console is in one of our second story bedrooms. So yeah...it's quite a stretch. It's a bit of a hassle OBG....but it works fine.

I thought about getting the remote antenna you rook up to the 360. But I just don't trust my 360 enough to sink another $100 into it, to cover the cost of the antenna. I can't wait to get out that twisted mess of cable.
 
# 16 onlybygrace @ 08/17/09 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
The router is in our basement, and my console is in one of our second story bedrooms. So yeah...it's quite a stretch. It's a bit of a hassle OBG....but it works fine.

I thought about getting the remote antenna you rook up to the 360. But I just don't trust my 360 enough to sink another $100 into it, to cover the cost of the antenna. I can't wait to get out that twisted mess of cable.
Hehe...100 feet is quite a stretch. I only need about 50 feet to get the job done.

I too look forward to the hassle.
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.