Home
Tony Hawk: RIDE News Post

According to Gamestop, you can preorder your copy of Tony Hawk: Ride for a mere $119.99. Interested?

Game: Tony Hawk: RIDEReader Score: 1/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 3 - View All
Tony Hawk: RIDE Videos
Member Comments
# 1 bronco92 @ 05/26/09 05:08 AM
no
 
# 2 jaosming @ 05/26/09 06:21 AM
not anymore
 
# 3 dal_hawk @ 05/26/09 07:56 AM
i just don't see this picking up much.. and if it does.... wow
 
# 4 ExtremeGamer @ 05/26/09 09:26 AM
LOL, $119? Are they insane? This will be a disaster in sales.
 
# 5 J-Unit40 @ 05/26/09 09:31 AM
I wouldn't buy it for $1.99. Not for me. Sales will be awful for this.
 
# 6 TreyIM2 @ 05/26/09 09:50 AM
Wow! At first I thought that the whole idea of this "controller" was lame when it first debuted on GT TV but then I thought, after a while, and re-watching the broadcast, that it might be something I'd like to try, HOWEVER, now?? Nah, I think I'll pass. Many already thought this is thing is lame but now u want to alienate people with the price, Tony and co.?? Good luck, buddy
 
# 7 mgoblue @ 05/26/09 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
LOL, $119? Are they insane? This will be a disaster in sales.
I'd buy Rock Band if I was gonna spend that much on a peripheral. That's insane for a stupid little skateboard peripheral. I was very skeptical even before the price was leaked, but now it's definitely not a buy for me.
 
# 8 luv_mist @ 05/26/09 11:10 AM
I'm interested in seeing how many will buy it. Still a lot of young fans out there that would be into it. Haven't seen the peripheral just yet. I need to take a look at it before I make any further assumptions. I stopped playing Tony a while ago. Might pick it back up for the achievement points but too many better games coming out that I'd save money for. I'll wait for it to hit bargin bin.
 
# 9 GSW @ 05/26/09 01:02 PM
SMD Tony Hawk
 
# 10 jyoung @ 05/26/09 01:16 PM
This seems like a really bad move for Activision.

I kind of hope it fails with the way they've been whoring out the Guitar Hero franchise lately.
 
# 11 bkfount @ 05/26/09 01:36 PM
Activision is really going all in with the peripherals. They've got Guitar Hero, a DJ game, and now this. But damn, Wii Fit is only $90.

The game even requires you use the board. Guitar Hero didn't require the guitar until World Tour, and by then, the genre had been established enough for people to know what they were getting. There's also more than one game to use your guitar or drums with.
 
# 12 Bornindamecca @ 05/26/09 04:51 PM
I checked my files, and I still have this under "Hell No".
 
# 13 dbacks01 @ 05/26/09 06:52 PM
Just from the few comments in this post I think It's gonna bomb big time.
 
# 14 SHO @ 05/26/09 09:18 PM


Not a chance.
 
# 15 Beantown @ 05/27/09 12:39 PM
Wasn't interested at all in this game before.

Now I'm interested to see how bad of a flop this is.
 
# 16 Moses Shuttlesworth @ 05/27/09 07:12 PM
 
# 17 lnin0 @ 05/31/09 12:00 AM
not I
 
# 18 Ruffy @ 05/31/09 01:44 AM
I don't understand games like this at all?

It gets to the point if I like skateboarding so much and want a board like experience I'd grab a board and hit the streets.

This game should be an epic flop....but i bet it wont.

The me me me kid generation will scream for mommy and daddy to get it.

I'd love to see it flop as well. Activision needs a kick in the groin.
 
# 19 pfunk880 @ 05/31/09 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSW
SMD Tony Hawk


Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
This seems like a really bad move for Activision.

I kind of hope it fails with the way they've been whoring out the Guitar Hero franchise lately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn
Wasn't interested at all in this game before.

Now I'm interested to see how bad of a flop this is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffy
I'd love to see it flop as well. Activision needs a kick in the groin.
Add me to the list of people hoping this game will flop epically.


Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
Activision is really going all in with the peripherals. They've got Guitar Hero, a DJ game, and now this. But damn, Wii Fit is only $90.

The game even requires you use the board. Guitar Hero didn't require the guitar until World Tour, and by then, the genre had been established enough for people to know what they were getting. There's also more than one game to use your guitar or drums with.
Exactly. This is such a limited use peripheral. $60 for a controller that works with one game? That's completely absurd! Terrible move for Activision, and I don't see how this doesn't blow up in their face.
 
# 20 raidersbball20 @ 05/31/09 08:24 PM
that price is insanel, i hope this isn't a trend setter for other games
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.