Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

Teamxbox has posted their hands-on preview of NCAA Footballl 10.

Quote:
"From a gameplay standpoint, the physical action in NCAA Football 10 feels very much the same as its predecessor. As mentioned, EA had a nice base moving into NCAA Football 10, so most of what you’ll notice outside of new gameplay features is general gameplay polish. For example, the new camera views definitely come across as more useful to hardcore players (the field just seems so much more “readable” than in past games), not only on the mechanics side, but also when it comes to showing off NCAA Football 10’s new visual enhancements."

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jrod1981 @ 05/14/09 05:22 PM
Nice article. I'm excited
 
# 2 WolverinesFinest @ 05/14/09 05:23 PM
way better than IGN's
 
# 3 laydizzy @ 05/14/09 05:27 PM
Another preview that alludes to the fact that there have been very few gameplay updates. This really blows for NCAA. I still like the franchise but I'm disappointed. Teambuilder is cool, but season showdown is an absolute waste of time.
 
# 4 Allaboutme @ 05/14/09 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by laydizzy
season showdown is an absolute waste of time.
Opinion
 
# 5 eaglesfan27 @ 05/14/09 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaboutme
Opinion
True, but one that I think will be rather prevalent. I also think it is a waste of time. I love my school (USC) but I couldn't care less how they do in this game mode.
 
# 6 laydizzy @ 05/14/09 05:35 PM
[quote=Allaboutme;2039567959]Opinion

Show me someone who is excited about season showdown and can explain why.
 
# 7 moylan1234 @ 05/14/09 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by laydizzy
but season showdown is an absolute waste of time.
i have to strongly disagree with this statement because from everything we've heard season showdown doesn't really take any time. I agree it's not a feature that really excites me all that much, but from what the devs have said so far there's not much to it from a gamers prespective. you go to a screen and choose your school then do everything you normally do while the game tracks your success in a few game related categories, that's it. It really doesn't appear to be any more time consuming than choosing your favorite school was previous versions.
 
# 8 Solidice @ 05/14/09 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan27
True, but one that I think will be rather prevalent. I also think it is a waste of time. I love my school (USC) but I couldn't care less how they do in this game mode.
well thats the thing, Season Showdown is not really a "mode" you earn points for your team no matter what mode you play(well, except maybe practice mode). you play a mascot game(I'm guessing on this one), you'll get points. you play a regular play now game, you'll get points. you play an offline dynasty game, you'll get points. the only way to not contribute is to play with your console unplugged from the internet.

although, I believe you can avoid Season showdown from starting to do that, if you never visit the Season Showdown section and select your team.
 
# 9 Allaboutme @ 05/14/09 05:41 PM
[quote=laydizzy;2039567971]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaboutme
Opinion

Show me someone who is excited about season showdown and can explain why.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
i have to strongly disagree with this statement because from everything we've heard season showdown doesn't really take any time. I agree it's not a feature that really excites me all that much, but from what the devs have said so far there's not much to it from a gamers prespective. you go to a screen and choose your school then do everything you normally do while the game tracks your success in a few game related categories, that's it. It really doesn't appear to be any more time consuming than choosing your favorite school was previous versions.
Theres one btw it doesnt matter if YOU dont think its relevant or good, get over yourself.Its just like other ncaa games that make you pick your favorite team except now it tracks your team as a whole with stats etc. also i believe it helps scount people with good sportmanship ratings which will determine if i play a close to sim player or some 4th down cowboy.
 
# 10 laydizzy @ 05/14/09 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
i have to strongly disagree with this statement because from everything we've heard season showdown doesn't really take any time. I agree it's not a feature that really excites me all that much, but from what the devs have said so far there's not much to it from a gamers prespective. you go to a screen and choose your school then do everything you normally do while the game tracks your success in a few game related categories, that's it. It really doesn't appear to be any more time consuming than choosing your favorite school was previous versions.
By saying waste of time I was commenting on how pointless the feature is. At best I figure it's made too keep people from cheesing online or at least make it easier to spot cheesers. But we know that won't work.

Everyone following NCAA knows the 2 big features are teambuilder and ss. It's just pointless. It'd be like madden 09 talking about that ring as a great newfeature.
 
# 11 Allaboutme @ 05/14/09 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan27
True, but one that I think will be rather prevalent. I also think it is a waste of time. I love my school (USC) but I couldn't care less how they do in this game mode.
FYI its not a game mode,and its the same as past games where you would choose your favorite team(USCLOLPAC10) and without even trying you will be using Season Showdown if your playing the game.
 
# 12 laydizzy @ 05/14/09 05:49 PM
[quote=Allaboutme;2039568001]
Quote:
Originally Posted by laydizzy



Theres one btw it doesnt matter if YOU dont think its relevant or good, get over yourself.Its just like other ncaa games that make you pick your favorite team except now it tracks your team as a whole with stats etc. also i believe it helps scount people with good sportmanship ratings which will determine if i play a close to sim player or some 4th down cowboy.
He was explaining why he didn't feel it was a waste of time. He was def not excited about ss.
 
# 13 Allaboutme @ 05/14/09 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by laydizzy
By saying waste of time I was commenting on how pointless the feature is. At best I figure it's made too keep people from cheesing online or at least make it easier to spot cheesers. But we know that won't work.

Everyone following NCAA knows the 2 big features are teambuilder and ss. It's just pointless. It'd be like madden 09 talking about that ring as a great newfeature.
You know it wont work to track cheesers because you already played the game? or is that one of your Opinions turned fact? you got 10 post under your belt and 3 of them so far is pure fail.
 
# 14 moylan1234 @ 05/14/09 05:52 PM
[quote=laydizzy;2039568028]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaboutme

He was explaining why he didn't feel it was a waste of time. He was def not excited about ss.
true i'm not that excited by it, but that's mainly because i don't play online at all. Even though it's not for me I can clearly understand how it helps some people and the bottom line is that it takes nothing away from you as a gamer so why would you be upset by it?
 
# 15 Allaboutme @ 05/14/09 05:54 PM
[quote=laydizzy;2039568028]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaboutme

He was explaining why he didn't feel it was a waste of time. He was def not excited about ss.
He doesnt have to be excited for him to use this SS. BTw your opinion doesnt become Fact just because there are more people like you that share the same opinion.

Even if no one is excited about the feature it will get used when the game is shipped and your statement will still remain opinion.
 
# 16 laydizzy @ 05/14/09 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaboutme
You know it wont work to track cheesers because you already played the game? or is that one of your Opinions turned fact? you got 10 post under your belt and 3 of them so far is pure fail.
People will always cheese, I don't think that's a stretch. All Im saying is I think ss is a pretty weak feature. And I've yet to meet someone who's excited about it. You're turning my opinions into facts by getting upset. If you really disagree, explain why ss is worth getting excited over.
 
# 17 Allaboutme @ 05/14/09 05:58 PM
[quote=moylan55;2039568042]
Quote:
Originally Posted by laydizzy
true i'm not that excited by it, but that's mainly because i don't play online at all. Even though it's not for me I can clearly understand how it helps some people and the bottom line is that it takes nothing away from you as a gamer so why would you be upset by it?
Thats the thing , if you play online alot ,this feature will help you decide on your opponents through the sportsmanship rating, that alone is the reason why im interesting in this feature
 
# 18 Allaboutme @ 05/14/09 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by laydizzy
People will always cheese, I don't think that's a stretch. All Im saying is I think ss is a pretty weak feature. And I've yet to meet someone who's excited about it. You're turning my opinions into facts by getting upset. If you really disagree, explain why ss is worth getting excited over.
Recap, you said SS is a bad feature, i then said opinion. You then challenge my statement by asking me to find someone excited about it, which means you believe your statement to be fact not opinion.

Also you dont have to be excited about a feature for it to be considered good, i wont use CAS,Im not excited about it, does that make it a bad feature? I wont Use the new flex bone offense, does that mean its a bad addition or update? no,because someone will find good use of this feature.

And to your second part about why i like the feature i already stated why i liked the feature....... if you read my post.
 
# 19 floridagatorfan @ 05/14/09 06:13 PM
I think the biggest problem with this feature is that it really adds nothing to the game. As long as they didn't put too much time into it I dont have a problem with it but for them to tout it as one of their bigger new features is what I have a problem with and what I think others have a problem with.

If we had heard about other bigger features and additions so far I don't think there would be as much negativity with SS and the game overall, but I think it is more a factor of people growing impatient with the lack of solid info that will make NCAA '10 better than '09.

As for the article, I think it is funny to read all these articles that talk about how the gameplay was so good in '09. I want to get some hands on reports from people that really know sports game
 
# 20 prowler @ 05/14/09 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagatorfan
I think the biggest problem with this feature is that it really adds nothing to the game. As long as they didn't put too much time into it I dont have a problem with it but for them to tout it as one of their bigger new features is what I have a problem with and what I think others have a problem with.

If we had heard about other bigger features and additions so far I don't think there would be as much negativity with SS and the game overall, but I think it is more a factor of people growing impatient with the lack of solid info that will make NCAA '10 better than '09.
This

It's not that SS is a complete waste of time, it's that they're touting it as a big deal.
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.