Home
Madden 2010 News Post


Last week, I sat down with Phil Frazier, a long-time producer at EA Sports, and checked out the latest Madden 10 build. While I did not get a chance to grab the controller and start dissecting the game myself, Phil Frazier did demo many of the new on-the-field Madden 10 features for me.

However, before getting to those features, I must mention that on Monday I wrote that the unofficial theme for NCAA Football 10 will be customization. Well, when it comes to Madden 10 I believe the theme will be "immersion." From the first moment you put the game in your console to the moment you take the field, immersion will be the goal.

Madden 10 Hands-Off First Impressions

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ChicagoChris @ 04/29/09 09:13 AM
Great write up....i like:

- There are no more weapons.

Less dev time put into a silly feature like 'weapons' means it can go somewhere else.
 
# 2 Lava @ 04/29/09 09:19 AM
Good stuff, even if it's nothing new.

Thanks.
 
# 3 BlyGilmore @ 04/29/09 09:21 AM
yeah sadly some of this isn't "new" because apparently ESPN jumped the gun on releasing their story lol.
 
# 4 djordan @ 04/29/09 09:25 AM
YES!.. No weapons!
 
# 5 green94 @ 04/29/09 09:25 AM
We need a Pro-tak blog ASAP. I can't wait much longer here!!!!!!!
 
# 6 BlyGilmore @ 04/29/09 09:26 AM
pretty sure either Ian or Phil said there were no more weapons. I'll double check and get back on that.
 
# 7 kmart2180 @ 04/29/09 09:26 AM
Great read! Thanks

Did you say that the Defensive Line moves are now on the Right stick? Or did I read that wrong?
 
# 8 BlyGilmore @ 04/29/09 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmccormi
I'm sorry, but I don't understand what everyone's gripe is with the weapons. Last I checked, it was just an icon to denote the star players for the casual users who are not as aware of the star players and their skill sets when taking the field.

I don't think it changed the gameplay one bit. If I had sat one of you down with '09 with the icons turned off, I don't think you would've been able to tell me that some feature like "weapons" had been added.
For me, I thought they were too "kiddie" and arcadish. If you know your team and know the players you don't need a truck underneath your RB, because you know he's a bulldozer.
 
# 9 BlyGilmore @ 04/29/09 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart2180
Great read! Thanks

Did you say that the Defensive Line moves are now on the Right stick? Or did I read that wrong?
Yup - its on the right stick.
 
# 10 Valdarez @ 04/29/09 09:29 AM
Are people on the side lines actually reacting to what's going on now? When a player runs out of bounds, do they hit people, or just run through them?
 
# 11 green94 @ 04/29/09 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Are people on the side lines actually reacting to what's going on now? When a player runs out of bounds, do they hit people, or just run through them?
Yeah good question, I know they can't make the sidelines dynamic like APF, but it would be nice to see those guys react somewhat appropriately to what is going on right in front of them.
 
# 12 Valdarez @ 04/29/09 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by green94
Yeah good question, I know they can't make the sidelines dynamic like APF, but it would be nice to see those guys react somewhat appropriately to what is going on right in front of them.
They can't? Why not?
 
# 13 SageInfinite @ 04/29/09 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
They can't? Why not?
Ian said the way the resources are spread now it wouldn't be possible.
 
# 14 roadman @ 04/29/09 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
They can't? Why not?
It would take away from the graphics of the field and on the players. There was a big huge thread on this a few to several weeks ago.

I'll try to find a link for you.
 
# 15 Valdarez @ 04/29/09 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Ian said the way the resources are spread now it wouldn't be possible.
That must be the trade off of having the more detailed player models.
 
# 16 SageInfinite @ 04/29/09 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
That must be the trade off of having the more detailed player models.
Exactly.
 
# 17 callmetaternuts @ 04/29/09 09:49 AM
Great write up and nice to get some info. Looking forward to Madden. Ian, Phil and co have been top notch all the way through and i hope they (and we) are rewarded from all this interaction and feedback with a great game.
 
# 18 roadman @ 04/29/09 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
That must be the trade off of having the more detailed player models.

Yep, with holes in the jersey.

Ian explains everything pretty clearly in post #5.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2039288579
 
# 19 green94 @ 04/29/09 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Yep, with holes in the jersey.

Ian explains everything pretty clearly in post #5.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2039288579
I'd sacrifice holes in the jersey for fully dynamic sidelines, but that's just me
 
# 20 SageInfinite @ 04/29/09 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by green94
I sacrifice holes in the jersey for fully dynamic sidelines, but that's just me
 

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.