Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

IGN has just posted an article detailing the new Teambuilder mode for NCAA Football 10.

Quote:
"This time around Create-a-School (TeamBuilder) is all web-based and operated from your PC. Pigskin fanatics can hop onto TeamBuilder.com, (once the site is live) sign in with their EA Sports ID, and then get down to the nitty gritty of designing the look and attributes for their school. EA Sports was kind enough to create IGN University (average GPA 1.1) to give us a look at just how deep the creation goes.

There are hundreds of pieces to every uniform and many can be tuned to your liking. From the stripes on your pants to whether your logo appears on the helmet or your uniform number (ala Alabama), there's a lot of depth there. There are more than 70 base styles for your uni and 11 different logo placements aside from the helmet designs that I just mentioned. There's less customizability to the pants, but it's a similar mechanic. As fun as it is to fiddle with the look of your uniforms, what really impressed me was the freedom afforded to nailing down a team logo."

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 moylan1234 @ 04/24/09 12:06 AM
awesome
 
# 2 Tengo Juego @ 04/24/09 12:14 AM
VERY cool. Cant wait to create a school. Gotta start brainstorming on what I can make.
 
# 3 stoncold32 @ 04/24/09 12:19 AM
I dont see myself using this, but I will admit that it is cool.

Especially seeing that pic with the customized logo on the field and on the helmet.
 
# 4 Squeezee12 @ 04/24/09 12:27 AM
Very excited for this!!! Im a little worried it wont be as indepth (only with the helmet, as far as logo placement and stripes). But I will take anything and this is def beyond anything!!!! I cant wait til the website gets active so I can start right away. Wish it could be more than 12 schools but I knew that would be the limit.
 
# 5 gamecox3 @ 04/24/09 12:38 AM
I wish you didn't have to do it from the computer... Hopefully uploading isn't a pain.
 
# 6 sportzbro @ 04/24/09 12:57 AM
solidice you are all over the info...thanks for the link. reading now.
 
# 7 Squeezee12 @ 04/24/09 01:01 AM
Yeah Im hoping uploading isnt a pain either.... Also finding a good right sized logo. I might have to invest in Photoshop. Any ideas on how much it runs(I think its pretty expensive)? Or if there is some sort of free download or cheap version?
 
# 8 Lava @ 04/24/09 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeezee12
Yeah Im hoping uploading isnt a pain either.... Also finding a good right sized logo. I might have to invest in Photoshop. Any ideas on how much it runs(I think its pretty expensive)? Or if there is some sort of free download or cheap version?
It's expensive retail, but you can acquire it other not-so-kosher ways. Your best bet is probably to just find someone who has it and hope they're nice enough to help you out.
 
# 9 munson11 @ 04/24/09 01:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeezee12
Yeah Im hoping uploading isnt a pain either.... Also finding a good right sized logo. I might have to invest in Photoshop. Any ideas on how much it runs(I think its pretty expensive)? Or if there is some sort of free download or cheap version?
The GIMP.

Alternative to Photoshop. I used to use it every now and then but I haven't downloaded the updated version in a while. Worth a shot if you don't want to drop the big bucks for Photoshop. I'm sure somebody out there has another suggestion.

VERY excited for TeamBuilder. I may have to round up all the people who plan on being in an Online Dynasty with me and ask if they want to use any created teams and if they want me to take care of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava
It's expensive retail, but you can acquire it other not-so-kosher ways. Your best bet is probably to just find someone who has it and hope they're nice enough to help you out.
Haha Yes, there are certainly free ways to get Photoshop, but I doubt we're allowed to discuss such ways in a public forum like this.
 
# 10 Young J 334 @ 04/24/09 01:28 AM
This ish is cool! ANY logo. Come on! Think of the possibilities. Im gonna create McDonald's University (which happens to be a real college) and put all the players that had potential to be big, but screwed up, on it!
 
# 11 thmst30 @ 04/24/09 01:32 AM
That article left me with a lot of questions. The main one being, since we have to use the pre-made stadiums will those stadiums still be decorated with the default school's stuff? Say I pick NC State's stadium, but make a new team. I know the crowd will wear my colors but will the walls/scoreboard/logos around the stadium still be NC State? If so, then that REALLY sucks. Can CAS teams have pride stickers, alternate uniforms, fightsongs, mascots, primary and secondary logo? That article just was not in-depth AT ALL. Come on IGN. Hopefully the reason they didn't mention that stuff isn't because they don't exist. Last gen CAS has pride stickers, mascots, custom stadiums, and fightsongs. If this new CAS is so "in-depth" and "revolutionary" then they sure as hell better have at least all those things again.
 
# 12 Squeezee12 @ 04/24/09 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
That article left me with a lot of questions. The main one being, since we have to use the pre-made stadiums will those stadiums still be decorated with the default school's stuff? Say I pick NC State's stadium, but make a new team. I know the crowd will wear my colors but will the walls/scoreboard/logos around the stadium still be NC State? If so, then that REALLY sucks. Can CAS teams have pride stickers, alternate uniforms, fightsongs, mascots, primary and secondary logo? That article just was not in-depth AT ALL. Come on IGN. Hopefully the reason they didn't mention that stuff isn't because they don't exist. Last gen CAS has pride stickers, mascots, custom stadiums, and fightsongs. If this new CAS is so "in-depth" and "revolutionary" then they sure as hell better have at least all those things again.
Yeah I have some of the same questions and more... About the stadium one the screens they had of their CAS was in CAl's memorial stadium. On the video board it still had the Cal logo on it.
 
# 13 thmst30 @ 04/24/09 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeezee12
Yeah I have some of the same questions and more... About the stadium one the screens they had of their CAS was in CAl's memorial stadium. On the video board it still had the Cal logo on it.
Yea I see it now. The stadium is still decked out in Cal logos and flags. DAMN.
 
# 14 thmst30 @ 04/24/09 02:00 AM
They also got rid of the school roster types. Instead of generating rosters for your school based on what type of team you want, you have to take a pre-existing team's roster and then edit it to your liking. Ehh, so far this is not at all what I was hoping for. Maybe we can get a lot more info, because again that article was so damn weak.
 
# 15 sportzbro @ 04/24/09 02:07 AM
No surprise at all the IGN article sucked..one reason i left that site.
 
# 16 sportzbro @ 04/24/09 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
They also got rid of the school roster types. Instead of generating rosters for your school based on what type of team you want, you have to take a pre-existing team's roster and then edit it to your liking.
This just killed it for me personally...I remember the good ol' days of Juggernaut & Cup-Cake
 
# 17 TallyBoi7 @ 04/24/09 02:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
They also got rid of the school roster types. Instead of generating rosters for your school based on what type of team you want, you have to take a pre-existing team's roster and then edit it to your liking. Ehh, so far this is not at all what I was hoping for. Maybe we can get a lot more info, because again that article was so damn weak.
I don't like the way that sounds at all.
 
# 18 prowler @ 04/24/09 02:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
They also got rid of the school roster types. Instead of generating rosters for your school based on what type of team you want, you have to take a pre-existing team's roster and then edit it to your liking. Ehh, so far this is not at all what I was hoping for. Maybe we can get a lot more info, because again that article was so damn weak.
Well considering NCAA ships with no names on the roster, you wouldn't be getting the actual players, just numbers. Hopefully there will be an option to randomly generate names, then it'd be similar to the original CAS roster generation. Florida would be a the choice for juggernaut, North Texas would be a choice for cupcake, etc. If that's the case, hopefully we can edit hometowns and class standing.

Lot of "hopefully" I know...

EDIT:

This part worries me if we aren't allowed multiple accounts.

Quote:
You can create and save up to twelve schools that can then be downloaded by your friends over Xbox Live or PlayStation Network.
 
# 19 Solidice @ 04/24/09 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
They also got rid of the school roster types. Instead of generating rosters for your school based on what type of team you want, you have to take a pre-existing team's roster and then edit it to your liking. Ehh, so far this is not at all what I was hoping for. Maybe we can get a lot more info, because again that article was so damn weak.
there still could be an option to choose team type(cupcake, Juggernaut, etc...), IGN didn't make that school, it seems EA did. the TeamBuilder site isn't up yet, so we still may not know all the choices yet. also, it's IGN. I don't really take there articles that seriously. they probably prefer the mascot mode.
 
# 20 thmst30 @ 04/24/09 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
there still could be an option to choose team type(cupcake, Juggernaut, etc...), IGN didn't make that school, it seems EA did. the TeamBuilder site isn't up yet, so we still may not know all the choices yet. also, it's IGN. I don't really take there articles that seriously. they probably prefer the mascot mode.
Hopefully, but it doesn't sound that way.
Quote:
Once it's time to customize your rosters you'll first need to select a school's already established roster and tweak from there. Again, all the usual speed, strength, and awareness attributes can be maxed out if you like.
 

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.