Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

Hey guys my name is Russell Kiniry and I'm one of the Designers on NCAA Football 10. I work in (and spend my free time in) game-play and Dynasty.

Going to cut right too it... this week’s blog (which I'm wrapping up now) pertains to game-play. So your concerns are being heard.

Another touchy topic right now: The screen shots from last week’s blog. They were bad; no getting around that... the goal was to show some extreme angles of the camera (not game-play). The offense line that Greg had running at the time was not even close to what the game represents. I actually plan on addressing this a little tonight on insideblog.easports.com (I’ll edit this post when it goes live as long as I’m allowed to post links ).

Really I just hope I can help clear up some of the misconceptions we have this year with features/additions we've already talked about.

-Russ

Edit: Here is the link to the Pocket Blog.

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 baumy300 @ 03/24/09 07:26 PM
Sounds good man.

Can't wait to hear more about this years game.
 
# 2 Rocky @ 03/24/09 07:27 PM
LOL, you type like a noob.

Anyways, thanks for coming here. I'm interesting in hearing that what concerns in the gameplay department are fixed. I've made it known that I thought NCAA 09's gameplay was a debacle and ruined a great dynasty mode. I think it can be remedied and hopeful it will be.
 
# 3 J-Unit40 @ 03/24/09 07:27 PM
Russ - Good to hear from you. I (we) look forward to hearing what's in store. We love talking about gameplay on this site. Absolutely LOVE it!

Welcome to OS.

Get this man's name in purple!
 
# 4 rhombic21 @ 03/24/09 07:31 PM
Hey, Russ. Can you talk a little bit more about the concept of the passing icons disappearing. Are there any other gameplay changes that impact trying to throw from behind the LOS. For instance, on Madden last year, they also had a different throwing animation on deeper passes, which caused the QB to have to plant and take a longer delivery motion, thus making it easier to sack him. Has that been implemented this year? What about THA penalties for throwing from way behind the LOS?

Thanks.
 
# 5 J-Unit40 @ 03/24/09 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhombic21
Hey, Russ. Can you talk a little bit more about the concept of the passing icons disappearing. Are there any other gameplay changes that impact trying to throw from behind the LOS. For instance, on Madden last year, they also had a different throwing animation on deeper passes, which caused the QB to have to plant and take a longer delivery motion, thus making it easier to sack him. Has that been implemented this year? What about THA penalties for throwing from way behind the LOS?

Thanks.
Yes. Please answer this Russ. I sure hope this made it in '10.
 
# 6 Squeezee12 @ 03/24/09 07:34 PM
Sweet looking forward to it!
 
# 7 prowler @ 03/24/09 07:37 PM
I know Russ posts over at NCAAStrategies but is this really him? I'm a little bit skeptical until he's been verified.
 
# 8 Steve_OS @ 03/24/09 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
I know Russ posts over at NCAAStrategies but is this really him? I'm a little bit skeptical until he's been verified.
Verified.
 
# 9 RGiles36 @ 03/24/09 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_Kiniry_EA
Another touchy topic right now: The screen shots from last weeks blog. They were bad; no getting around that... the goal was to show some extreme angles of the camera (not game-play). The offense line that Greg had running at the time was not even close to what the game represents. I actually plan on addressing this a little tonight on insideblog.easports.com (Ill edit this post when it goes live as long as Im allowed to post links ).
What a relief!
 
# 10 thudias @ 03/24/09 07:45 PM
thanks
 
# 11 prowler @ 03/24/09 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Verified.
Sweet, sorry I had to ask. That seemed like waaaaaaaaaaay too many emoticons to be legit.
 
# 12 statum71 @ 03/24/09 07:59 PM
Good to hear this. I was definitely thinking the graphics looked the exact same as last year.

I'm hoping for some improvements. Like Madden's first screenshot.
 
# 13 OMT @ 03/24/09 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
what a relief his icon is a lot calmer looking to the eyes
He hasn't been here as long as me.
 
# 14 Russell_Kiniry_EA @ 03/24/09 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
LOL, you type like a noob.

Anyways, thanks for coming here. I'm interesting in hearing that what concerns in the gameplay department are fixed. I've made it known that I thought NCAA 09's gameplay was a debacle and ruined a great dynasty mode. I think it can be remedied and hopeful it will be.
Yeah we had an issue with me being able to post... I just typed it in word after while and forgot to format it agian.
 
# 15 DLaren @ 03/24/09 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
He hasn't been here as long as me.
LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_Kiniry_EA
Yeah we had an issue with me being able to post... I just typed it in word after while and forgot to format it agian.
Welcome Russell, thanks for sparing a few moments to interact with the community here. I'm looking forward to hearing (reading?) what your team has done to improve offline-dynasty.
 
# 16 Squeezee12 @ 03/24/09 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
He hasn't been here as long as me.
HAHA!!
 
# 17 nexdawg @ 03/24/09 08:35 PM
Thanks Russ

Great to see the OL/DL INA get worked on. Can you comment on double teams?
 
# 18 I Peench @ 03/24/09 09:24 PM
Russ and OMT, great work guys. I know a bunch of us really appreciate all the hard work and "sim" emphasis.

Any clues as to what the next blog might be about? I'm itching for some dynasty info
 
# 19 green94 @ 03/24/09 09:36 PM
Thanks for posting... hopefully some of these guys will come in from the ledge
 
# 20 Potatoes002 @ 03/24/09 10:04 PM
I know this is off topic and all but what ever happened to SteelerBiz? The guy that went around fixing dynasties. Did he get fired or something?
 

« Previous12345678Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.