Home
MLB 2K9 News Post



Here is another Major League Baseball 2K9 video. This one shows off the end of the game, between the Pirates and Rockies.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K9Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 bcruise @ 02/14/09 04:58 PM
Steve can probably confirm this, but it certainly appears to be the old OS favorite of CPU only gameplay.

That was the best representation of baseball I've seen in the 2k9 videos yet. No rockets on every hit ball, no pitches thrown right down the middle of the plate, just real baseball.
 
# 2 dcarsnyy @ 02/14/09 04:58 PM
Other than the fact that the CPU swings at anything in the strike zone (which hopefully will be fixed/fixable by sliders), some quick jerk motions, it looks good
 
# 3 baseball88 @ 02/14/09 05:06 PM
PS3 or XBOX 360?

Thanks
 
# 4 NumberOneRB @ 02/14/09 05:06 PM
I'd have to agree that was the best video yet. It really shows the true potential of this game when it comes to the computer working counts, good hit variety, and smooth animations. Considering these compressed videos only play at 24-30 fps, I can only imagine how much smoother the gameplay will be when played before our own eyes. The bat sounds were also toned down much better, and that probably had a lot to do with the fact that the hitters weren't getting great contact.
 
# 5 HK-47 @ 02/14/09 05:09 PM
Can somebody post the video in this thread?(if possible)

I can't watch videos on that other page.

Do I need to go to internet options and mess with some stuff, so I can view OS videos?


EDIT! Nevermind, I can watch them by right clicking,then I just have to click "open link"!
 
# 6 MizzouRah @ 02/14/09 05:13 PM
The more I see, the more I'm starting to really like what VC has been able to do this year.

The flow of the game seems perfect.
 
# 7 Trojan Man @ 02/14/09 05:14 PM
Is it me, or does the CPU swing at almost everything? I was watching that vid, and the first guy (I think) did take 2 low FB, but then he chased a bunch late in the AB when he didn't have to.
 
# 8 MizzouRah @ 02/14/09 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Autumn Wind
Is it me, or does the CPU swing at almost everything? I was watching that vid, and the first guy (I think) did take 2 low FB, but then he chased a bunch late in the AB when he didn't have to.
I don't know.. I watched a lot of Cardinals games last year and I remember always talking to my dad about how pissed it makes me that nobody has patience anymore at the plate.
 
# 9 duke776 @ 02/14/09 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Autumn Wind
Is it me, or does the CPU swing at almost everything? I was watching that vid, and the first guy (I think) did take 2 low FB, but then he chased a bunch late in the AB when he didn't have to.
When the pitcher throws a strike it seems like 99% of the time the computer has swung. This is the first video where I saw the CPU take a strike and it was only once(i think). It's been a big complaint amongst the videos...but the CPU will take balls it seems like.
 
# 10 Trojan Man @ 02/14/09 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I don't know.. I watched a lot of Cardinals games last year and I remember always talking to my dad about how pissed it makes me that nobody has patience anymore at the plate.
Haha. It could be a generational thing, I suppose, in which case they nailed it.

On the positive side, I love the look of the game minus those terrible pitching meter layovers. It's very clean and broadcast-like.
 
# 11 Rocky @ 02/14/09 05:29 PM
LOL @ the twins in the front row.

But the post game video....
 
# 12 bcruise @ 02/14/09 05:30 PM
Minor quibbles (probably stuff that will be fixed in the final):

- Stewart looking like he's disgusted after the final out. Or maybe relieved, I dunno. Either way, kinda goofy looking with that final score.

- His HR ball clipping back through the wall after landing in the stands. Oops.

Other than that, I love it. Didn't really have a problem with the swinging, at least the CPU showed it can take a pitch.
 
# 13 Eddie1967 @ 02/14/09 05:33 PM
Has there ever been a bigger one year leap for a video game. This really looks like something special. The announcing is top notch. Way better than last years without a doubt. The crowd sounds and the music in between plays really immerses you into the game. Great animations reactions from the players and coaches. Love the high 5 at the end of game. I can't wait.
 
# 14 Steve_OS @ 02/14/09 05:37 PM
Thanks guys, just tagged it for the home page. Will play w/ sliders and post another AI vs. AI next. (OS favorite, lol)
 
# 15 bcruise @ 02/14/09 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Thanks guys, just tagged it for the home page. Will play w/ sliders and post another AI vs. AI next. (OS favorite, lol)
Awesome Steve, thanks. No other site posts the AI only videos like this one - just one more reason I love this place.
 
# 16 duke776 @ 02/14/09 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
Has there ever been a bigger one year leap for a video game. This really looks like something special. The announcing is top notch. Way better than last years without a doubt. The crowd sounds and the music in between plays really immerses you into the game. Great animations reactions from the players and coaches. Love the high 5 at the end of game. I can't wait.
NBA Live 09(at least IMO it was), even though I think your question was rhetorical.


and while I cannot accurately judge how much a leap this game has taken(since I haven't played it), it does appear to be vastly improved so far...
 
# 17 CarryTheWeight @ 02/14/09 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsu_gb23
these 2K vids are painful to watch...this is not real baseball...2K is going downhill in a hurry...
You're damn skippy it's not real baseball. It's a video game. As a wise man once said, "it is what it is".
 
# 18 Eddie1967 @ 02/14/09 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarryTheWeight
You're damn skippy it's not real baseball. It's a video game. As a wise man once said, "it is what it is".
Great comeback, LOL!
 
# 19 Eddie1967 @ 02/14/09 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke776
NBA Live 09(at least IMO it was), even though I think your question was rhetorical.


and while I cannot accurately judge how much a leap this game has taken(since I haven't played it), it does appear to be vastly improved so far...
Yeah, it's hard to say since like you said, none of us have played it but man those videos look awesome. It looks and sounds like a totally different game. The only thing I can compare it to is 2k9 this year for me.
 
# 20 CarryTheWeight @ 02/14/09 06:00 PM
I used a similar analogy in the NHL 2K forum - this is the first game with a new developer, almost like a team with a new head coach. The team will be shaky at first, but once they become familiar with the new methods and philosophy, the team will eventually begin to show improvement. 2K9 will NOT be a perfect baseball game, so take it for what it is: a first year effort. I've already seen improvements, many for the better. But at the same time, it's almost guaranteed there will be shakiness and inaccuracies.

Well, all I can say is...we'll see how it plays either on or before March 3rd.
 

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.