Home
MLB 2K9 News Post



Check out Major League Baseball 2K9 teaser trailer #2.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K9Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 HK-47 @ 02/05/09 04:24 PM
It better not be slow mo again!
 
# 2 The Living Legend @ 02/05/09 04:29 PM
Im happy, but i wish we would get actual gameplay not another trailer. But something is better then nothing.
 
# 3 thornie @ 02/05/09 04:45 PM
Gary Thorne is awesome... 'nuff said.
 
# 4 Blzer @ 02/05/09 04:45 PM
If the commentary is really like that... wow!
 
# 5 areobee401 @ 02/05/09 04:45 PM
The "real world" cut scene effects really add to the game if thats what we were seeing there.

If those bat sounds make into the game i'll be a happy man.

Like how the batter moves his fingers while gripping the bat and waiting on the pitch.

Great to hear a new voice making the calls in a 2k game.
 
# 6 MizzouRah @ 02/05/09 04:47 PM
Just leaves me wanting more... haha..
 
# 7 rock85 @ 02/05/09 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
If the commentary is really like that... wow!
Same here commentary was nice. The bat sound (Home run) on the first two were pretty good but the last one didn't sound that great. I hope the bat sounds were worked on this year. Graphics look pretty dam good
 
# 8 tyler289 @ 02/05/09 04:53 PM
If Thorne and Phillips sound like that in the game, wow...

Game looks great.
 
# 9 roadman @ 02/05/09 04:53 PM
Wow, Thorne sounds good.

Loved the runner on second leading off and you see his fingers moving around.

Good stuff.
 
# 10 HK-47 @ 02/05/09 04:55 PM
sick...
 
# 11 SoxFan01605 @ 02/05/09 04:59 PM
Well, I had a feeling Thorne would be awesome. I'm ehh on the visuals (there's something washed out about them) but that could be the capture, I suppose. Everything else was solid though. Liked the animation (very fluid), the crowd, and the audio.

My only question is this: Did Beckett get stranded on a deserted island in the off-season? He lookes like he hasn't seen civilization in months in 2K9...lol.

Other than that and all jokes aside, it looks good
 
# 12 GSW @ 02/05/09 05:05 PM
damn that looked amazing.
 
# 13 duke776 @ 02/05/09 05:09 PM
I liked the video, but the graphics sort of had the look that the old gen 2k baseball games had. Definitely upgraded, but just reminds me of those...Hope to see actual gameplay footage before the game is released...
 
# 14 bodhiball @ 02/05/09 05:09 PM
i will have to get use to the new look...seems like everything is made of smooth plastic. But its not bad.

Think they will fix the catchers masks so they arent all one color?

I keep rooting for these guys....but do you think after all these years making a baseball game they could find out what a bat hitting a ball sounds like? This is better...no doubt...at least its better.
 
# 15 bodhiball @ 02/05/09 05:13 PM
gotta post some positive too...

stadium and lighting looked great! Crowd seemed MUCH improved and the crowd noise was good too.

(ps...thats an awful big "B" on becketts cap!)
 
# 16 SoxFan01605 @ 02/05/09 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhiball
i will have to get use to the new look...seems like everything is made of smooth plastic. But its not bad.

Think they will fix the catchers masks so they arent all one color?

I keep rooting for these guys....but do you think after all these years making a baseball game they could find out what a bat hitting a ball sounds like? This is better...no doubt...at least its better.
That's a good description. Their graphics kinda bug me.

It's nothing major, but the colors look "flat" and the uniforms look glued to the models in a lot of these views. Maybe the lighting will be better in the final build and in actual HD when you're playing (for example, The Show has the same uniform problem imo, but the lighting really masks it well).

Oh, and I agree with the earlier comments about the bat sounds. It seems the actual one (meaning when they cut out of the slow-mo presentation) still sounds like that bamboo.

Now if only we could see the game in real-time, actual gameplay...
 
# 17 bodhiball @ 02/05/09 05:21 PM
so, I am always very critical of both games graphics, so I asked my girlfriend for an "outsiders" opinion of the vid...


"hmm
i kinda feel like
you know how they made a lego star wars video game?
with weird little lego characters...
if that's what they were going for, i'd be impressed"



Might be a bit harsh...but I get what she is saying. One problem I know I have is that I am comparing what they do to 2k7's player models and faces. That part of that game was just SICKLY good. You would think that 2 years later it would be AT LEAST that good, or better. And they just arent.
 
# 18 Artman22 @ 02/05/09 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
That's a good description. Their graphics kinda bug me.

It's nothing major, but the colors look "flat" and the uniforms look glued to the models in a lot of these views. Maybe the lighting will be better in the final build and in actual HD when you're playing (for example, The Show has the same uniform problem imo, but the lighting really masks it well).

Oh, and I agree with the earlier comments about the bat sounds. It seems the actual one (meaning when they cut out of the slow-mo presentation) still sounds like that bamboo.

Now if only we could see the game in real-time, actual gameplay...
I think the graphics will definetly look better when the game is outdoors. I notice this with games like the show as well. The daytime games look way better then the night games. I want to see in game gameplay.
 
# 19 Pirate @ 02/05/09 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
If the commentary is really like that... wow!
He say's straight-away left field. How do you hit the ball straight-away to left? There is one straight away in baseball and it is in center.
 
# 20 Artman22 @ 02/05/09 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate
He say's straight-away left field. How do you hit the ball straight-away to left? There is one straight away in baseball and it is in center.
Here we go
 

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.