Home
News Post

ESPN has posted their interview with Dustin Pedroia, cover athlete for MLB 09 The Show.

Quote:
ESPN: MLB 09's big feature is that fans can use a peripheral like the Rock Band mic and record their own crowd chants. You can scream things about my mom, yell "Pedroia sucks!" then cue the audio when that player comes up to bat. What's the funniest thing anyone ever yelled at you during a game that I can try to mimic on the PS3?

Dustin Pedroia: I really don't get it that bad other than all the short jokes. But I guarantee that all the Red Sox fans are going to get a big kick out of this as it's a new way to razz Yankee players. I'm sure it's going to be a big hit in the New England area.

Game: MLB '09: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 89 - View All
MLB '09: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ckarlic @ 01/08/09 11:22 AM
Nice. Good find. Would be cool to be on the cover of a videogame.
 
# 2 nemesis04 @ 01/08/09 11:35 AM
LMAO, only in New York!

"The best one I heard was at Yankee Stadium. We were playing the shift on Giambi and someone was yelling "The grass is taller than you, Pedroia!" I was like, jeez, man."
 
# 3 ckarlic @ 01/08/09 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsu_gb23
I notice in one of the pics they show Pedroia admiring a homerun ball. There is no way Pedroia is going to hit a ball far enough to admire it....
I was thinking the same thing...I mean he is not Manny
 
# 4 areobee401 @ 01/08/09 11:50 AM
Actually Pedroia has hit quite a few bombs over the monster. Now saying much since the monster is right on top of him but he still has some pop.
 
# 5 bigfnjoe96 @ 01/08/09 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott4171
Nice find! It's funny how 2k sports doesn't even have an article on thier up coming game yet or released any detail. Go MLB 09 The Show!
http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames...ory?id=3724290

Article has been out for over a month now.

Congrats to Pedroia for snagging the Cover of 09. He's definitely worthy
 
# 6 OriolesFanRD @ 01/08/09 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
LMAO, only in New York!

"The best one I heard was at Yankee Stadium. We were playing the shift on Giambi and someone was yelling "The grass is taller than you, Pedroia!" I was like, jeez, man."
Here on ESPN Radio 1300 in Baltimore, they run a commerical where he was a special guest and one Yanke fan said...

"Hey Pedroia stand up so we can see you cause the grass is hitting you in the head"

I almost died.

Go Orioles!
 
# 7 SoxFan01605 @ 01/08/09 02:06 PM
Good stuff. Pedroia just plays the game right. I always enjoy listening to/reading about guys who love the game like that
 
# 8 bigfnjoe96 @ 01/08/09 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott4171
Yeah, I meant about the game not a stupid Mo-Cap session..lol
Glad to hear you feel it's just a stupid Mo-Cap Session....
 
# 9 Rob_NYY @ 01/08/09 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
Glad to hear you feel it's just a stupid Mo-Cap Session....
That's exactly what it was, though.

That article wasn't really about 2K9 the game.
 
# 10 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/08/09 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OriolesFanRD
Here on ESPN Radio 1300 in Baltimore, they run a commerical where he was a special guest and one Yanke fan said...

"Hey Pedroia stand up so we can see you cause the grass is hitting you in the head"

I almost died.

Go Orioles!
While I do find it funny, Pedroia being 5' 8" is taller than half the NY Italians razzing him.
 
# 11 bigfnjoe96 @ 01/08/09 05:44 PM
I just don't get why people have such anger towards 2k. It's like every thread that's created in this section somebody has to take a jab @ 2k. Yes the company screwed-up 2k8. Yes The Show was better last year. Yes The Show has put out more info than 2k for 09. Do we need to keep hearing about it in every thread.. Geez
 
# 12 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/08/09 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
I just don't get why people have such anger towards 2k. It's like every thread that's created in this section somebody has to take a jab @ 2k. Yes the company screwed-up 2k8. Yes The Show was better last year. Yes The Show has put out more info than 2k for 09. Do we need to keep hearing about it in every thread.. Geez

Why not?

Maybe the "2K devs are listening" will see the baseball fans anger and impatience towards their lackluster carelessness, and get them on the ball.

Crap doesn't change unless you voice it enough.
 
# 13 bigfnjoe96 @ 01/08/09 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_NYY
That's exactly what it was, though.

That article wasn't really about 2K9 the game.
And neither was this article about The Show. Both articles where on the Cover Boys. Listen I understand every developer gets info about their game to the community differently. SCEA seems very pro-active about it while 2k is very laxed. That's just the nature of the business & that's how it is, but come-on the jabs are un-called for IMO
 
# 14 Shakedowncapo @ 01/08/09 05:53 PM
But The Show already released previews disscussing game modes and features. The other game hasn't..
 
# 15 bigfnjoe96 @ 01/08/09 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Why not?

Maybe the "2K devs are listening" will see the baseball fans anger and impatience towards their lackluster carelessness, and get them on the ball.

Crap doesn't change unless you voice it enough.
So if that's the case post your anger in the 2k Forum where they'll definitely see-it. I'm pretty sure they are open to constructive criticism about the disaster that was 2k8
 
# 16 bigfnjoe96 @ 01/08/09 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
But The Show already released previews disscussing game modes and features. The other game hasn't..
Listen I understand every developer gets info about their game to the community differently. SCEA seems very pro-active about it while 2k is very laxed. That's just the nature of the business.

Also remember 2k has FOM which will drop in 2 weeks. Maybe their waiting for FOM to drop & then the info will hit the community who knows.
 
# 17 EnigmaNemesis @ 01/08/09 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
So if that's the case post your anger in the 2k Forum where they'll definitely see-it. I'm pretty sure they are open to constructive criticism about the disaster that was 2k8

Where you will post your same displeasure, for people posting about it.

Here is a novel idea. Lets all stop talking about it, because you are making a BIGGER situation out of something you could have overlooked and probably would not have been talked about from here on out in this thread.

But instead, lets keep this off topic discussion going, that eventually always gets moderation.

Anywho, Great interview with Pedroia. Cool that he mentioned Baseball Stars. Loved that game.
 
# 18 bigfnjoe96 @ 01/08/09 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Where you will post your same displeasure, for people posting about it.

Here is a novel idea. Lets all stop talking about it, because you are making a BIGGER situation out of something you could have overlooked and probably would not have been talked about from here on out in this thread.

But instead, lets keep this off topic discussion going, that eventually always gets moderation.

Anywho, Great interview with Pedroia. Cool that he mentioned Baseball Stars. Loved that game.
Of course I'm the 1 making it worst... This place cracks me up....
 
# 19 Artman22 @ 01/08/09 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Why not?

Maybe the "2K devs are listening" will see the baseball fans anger and impatience towards their lackluster carelessness, and get them on the ball.

Crap doesn't change unless you voice it enough.
That's your opinion. It's very anoying to hear that every 5 minutes. I agree that the show is an incredible game which I played for God knows how long, but it's not it's not even necesary to hear that 2k sucks all day long.
 
# 20 SoxFan01605 @ 01/08/09 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1bk
That's your opinion. It's very anoying to hear that every 5 minutes. I agree that the show is an incredible game which I played for God knows how long, but it's not it's not even necesary to hear that 2k sucks all day long.
2K Sucks

j/k

Back on topic, I enjoyed the bit on MLB Network with Pedroia and Kevin Millar as well. It's good to see so many of the current crop of younger stars (not just Pedroia) that really seem to want to be there. I'm particulary happy Pedroia got his contract work done quickly and quietly. He just wanted to get a reasonable deal, stay with his team, and get back to playing.

LOVE IT!
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.