Your thoughts?

"VIDEO games allowing teenagers to show off in street races and crash for fun are contributing to a lack of responsibility when they drive real cars, police and experts say.
The games made teens think they were invincible and too often it was being left to police to save P-platers from themselves, New South Wales acting Superintendent Dave Evans said yesterday.

The warnings come as experts and victims' families backed raising the driver age limit to at least 18 after revelations 104 P-platers are losing their licences each day."

Member Comments
# 1 jkra0512 @ 11/18/08 09:51 PM
Here we go again. No mention of The Fast and the Furious giving young drivers ideas about that? Gimme a break...

BUT, raise the driving age and I bet our insurance will come down a tad bit

# 2 gbx34 @ 11/18/08 10:31 PM
I thought you meant driving in general. I suck at that and played video games basicly my whole life. But when it comes to hitting apex's in turns, i always nail those. OH...

# 3 bkfount @ 11/19/08 01:31 AM
they never fail to find new things to pin on gaming. Video games have only been around for what, less than 40 years? Stupid people have been driving horribly long before that.

# 4 Candyman5 @ 11/19/08 03:54 AM
Originally Posted by bkfount
A bunch of idiots get together and have a meeting. Lets discuss crime. Video Games are the problem. Next Subject. O what the hell, lets just blame video games for everything. Ends Meeting.
Like Bk said above, its lazy *******s that dont want to find out what causes the problems so they pin it on the easiest thing possible.

# 5 Phobia @ 11/19/08 12:19 PM
If anything video games help driving, with reaction times, reflexs, possible things that can happen under which situations. Idiots

# 6 Knight165 @ 11/19/08 12:55 PM
Well, I'll play "the other side".....only because the title of the article(and hence the thread) doesn't exactly coincide with the body of the article AND what "the police" are trying to put forth.
First off...I don't see where anyone says that video games deteriorate actual driving SKILL. What is does say is that they believe that video games change the ATTITUDE of young drivers and the way they drive and feel about driving.
I can see that as a possibility, for sure.
The only idiot I see is perhaps the author of the article for a misleading title.
Oh and sometimes we have to read past the title
Who wrote that mike75?(sorry mikey.....I had to )

M.K.