Home
News Post

2K Sports, the publisher of NBA2K, NHL2K, MLB2K is looking for some outstanding game testers to help make the best sports games in the business even better. We are staffing both our night shift and day shift with Quality Assurance Game Testers for long-term temporary positions. Have you ever played a game and wondered how they are made? Do you have a love of sports and have wondered if there was a job out there that you could feel passionate about? This may be your opportunity. Previous testing experience is welcome, but not required. Come be part of a great team, working on some great games.

Responsibilities
  • Identify software defects, run test checklists, verify fixes
  • Enter bugs into Bug Tracking System
  • Be able to follow directions
To qualify for this exciting position you must:
  • Must be at least 18 years old and able to verify eligibility to work in the U.S.
  • Standard working hours are 7am-4pm OR 5pm-2am, Monday through Friday.
  • Must be ready to work overtime hours when needed including weekends.
  • Should be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
  • You must be able to write clearly in English and have good verbal communication skills.
  • Can learn quickly and effectively.
This job posting is for 2K Games Los Angeles only. Local candidates only please. Part time positions are not available.

Please apply by emailing or faxing your resume and cover letter.

Fax 818-672-8041
[email protected]
2K Games
8550 Balboa Blvd
Suite 100, Lobby 2
Northridge, CA 91325

Member Comments
# 1 muggins @ 10/30/08 04:48 PM
Man this would be the dream job if it wasn't in LA and paid well!

EA should definitely start hiring more of these as well
 
# 2 allBthere @ 10/30/08 06:09 PM
not allowed to work in the USofA, but have a great friend in LA that is lucky enough to have a duel citizenship! ...maybe I should marry her? (she's hot too).
 
# 3 Matt Diesel @ 10/30/08 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by muggins
Man this would be the dream job if it wasn't in LA and paid well!
..and you became famous and you get lots of hot chicks. And, record deals.

Quote:
not allowed to work in the USofA, but have a great friend in LA that is lucky enough to have a duel citizenship! ...maybe I should marry her? (she's hot too).
that seems reasonable .

Honestly guys, I think this job would suck. Imagine doing the same thing over and over again to try and get it to error out. It would ruin the enjoyment for you. Forever.

But hey, a job is a job and I can think of worse. I just couldnt get all clinical with what is supposed to be my entertainment. Its like being a gynecologist .
 
# 4 OMT @ 10/31/08 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mddst34
..and you became famous and you get lots of hot chicks. And, record deals.

that seems reasonable .

Honestly guys, I think this job would suck. Imagine doing the same thing over and over again to try and get it to error out. It would ruin the enjoyment for you. Forever.

But hey, a job is a job and I can think of worse. I just couldnt get all clinical with what is supposed to be my entertainment. Its like being a gynecologist .
Actually it really doesn't suck. I was a tester for 2 years and it was my favorite job ever as far as the day to day activities. The only problem with being a tester is the low pay. But man, that job was so much fun! Though that might have been because I was really good at it... guys that struggle finding bugs probably don't have a lot of fun.
 
# 5 CMH @ 11/01/08 11:43 PM
What is low pay?
 
# 6 allBthere @ 11/02/08 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mddst34
..and you became famous and you get lots of hot chicks. And, record deals.

that seems reasonable .

Honestly guys, I think this job would suck. Imagine doing the same thing over and over again to try and get it to error out. It would ruin the enjoyment for you. Forever.

But hey, a job is a job and I can think of worse. I just couldnt get all clinical with what is supposed to be my entertainment. Its like being a gynecologist .
good analogy! ...BUT

you then have an opportunity to become a designer or producer etc...that's why it's great because you get your foot in the door and if you're passionate about it, you'll move up.
 
# 7 kcarr @ 11/13/08 12:16 AM
I dont know that it would be that great playing video games all day really. That was what I did sometimes for a couple weeks at a time in iraq as much as 10 or 11 hours a day when nothing was happening. It can get kinda boring after a while.
 
# 8 GSW @ 11/25/08 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
I dont know that it would be that great playing video games all day really. That was what I did sometimes for a couple weeks at a time in iraq as much as 10 or 11 hours a day when nothing was happening. It can get kinda boring after a while.
It is really fun... you get to meet and talk to a lot of really cool people too.

besides that fact you arent really "playing games all day" you are looking for flaws and defects.. and its not "all day"... I was real good at my job though so to me it didnt even seem liek a job, i was just hanging out with homies playin games and makin money...

wish i was still doing it..

in fact...
 
# 9 GSW @ 11/25/08 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
good analogy! ...BUT

you then have an opportunity to become a designer or producer etc...that's why it's great because you get your foot in the door and if you're passionate about it, you'll move up.
Amen.
 
# 10 Blzer @ 11/25/08 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSW
It is really fun... you get to meet and talk to a lot of really cool people too.

besides that fact you arent really "playing games all day" you are looking for flaws and defects.. and its not "all day"... I was real good at my job though so to me it didnt even seem liek a job, i was just hanging out with homies playin games and makin money...

wish i was still doing it..

in fact...
GSW, I remember you talking to me about this when testing was up in San Rafael. I would be extremely interested in something like this, but school is the only thing in the way.

In fact, I remember when I got a scheduled interview with Neversoft for Guitar Hero note-charting. I didn't even apply... they noticed some of mine online and were interested! Unfortunately, again, school was in the way, but that would be so awesome.
 
# 11 GSW @ 11/25/08 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
GSW, I remember you talking to me about this when testing was up in San Rafael. I would be extremely interested in something like this, but school is the only thing in the way.

In fact, I remember when I got a scheduled interview with Neversoft for Guitar Hero note-charting. I didn't even apply... they noticed some of mine online and were interested! Unfortunately, again, school was in the way, but that would be so awesome.
I tihnk everyone should do things that make them happy.

If being in school is what makes you happy then do that, if being a tester because one day you want to be a designer makes you happy... do that.

IMO, As long as your a law abiding citezen, you should not let people try and tell you what you should or should not do when it pertains to your life and your happiness.

I made that mistake. but never again.

think about it like this.

You go to a 4-5 year college to become a ______
You start a testing job at a game developer of your choice to become a ______

just choose the one you REALLY want to do, leaving all misnomers aside.

with both you're starting of with little or no money. and with both you have the option to change, or increase your knowledge in various subjects of your liking
you also get to meet cool people, and learn about the respective "industries"

They are very similar, just chose the one you really want to do.
 
# 12 jewelz1132 @ 11/25/08 04:36 PM
damn I want in...
 
# 13 Chibi @ 11/27/08 09:50 AM
To qualify for this exciting position you must:
  • Be willing to have all of your input ignored
If the past year or two of 2K's products is any indication.
 
# 14 wildbill388 @ 12/23/08 04:13 PM
sucks that it's in LA
 
# 15 Keirik @ 12/28/08 09:09 PM
obligatory "2k tests their games?" comment
 
# 16 rockchisler @ 02/23/09 03:37 PM
Is this still available?
 
# 17 MarinaBracken @ 03/21/09 08:06 AM
Qualification and responsibilities for 2k sports are quite impressive......
 
# 18 games_sudip @ 05/02/11 01:54 PM
I want to build my career as a pc game tester. Presently i am in Testing Domain of web Applications. But my full dedication is on Games. Recently i have bought An ASUS Gaming Laptop.
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.