Home
News Post



Czar brings you Czarisode 5: Rewind That DNA. Where he looks into the highly touted DNA and Rewind features of NBA Live 09 and lets you know how he feels about it.

Game: NBA Live 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 37 - View All
NBA Live 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 edubbs @ 10/28/08 08:09 PM
Great job as usual Czar.

DNA has unlimited potential.

However, Beluba and co. REALLY have their work cut out for them animation wise.

The players still move and react like robots and does not give you the impression of watching actual players interacting at all.

This franchise needs an overhaul in the animation department BigTime. I can see DNA being an incredible feature in the future but until they get the players to move and react like humans this game will continue to come up short IMO.

Hopefully, they can add a boat load of new animations and signature styles for next year with Mike having a full Dev. cycle to work with.
 
# 2 23 @ 10/28/08 08:38 PM
Jesus man is every thread going to turn into a wishlist thread?

Good Lord

Great video Czar and I totally agree that the DNA thing is real. I think something like this is the future of games such as this (basketball) to give us an authentic NBA experience.

You can't tell me you see that kind of variety anywhere else the way it was just broken down. The best part about it all is you notice players being more aggressive but not so out of the ordinary that its just a jumbled unrealistic mess.

Nice eye and good work Czar. It is pretty amazing whats finally happening with the AI
 
# 3 bls @ 10/28/08 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDRE_OS
Jesus man is every thread going to turn into a wishlist thread?

Good Lord

Great video Czar and I totally agree that the DNA thing is real. I think something like this is the future of games such as this (basketball) to give us an authentic NBA experience.

You can't tell me you see that kind of variety anywhere else the way it was just broken down. The best part about it all is you notice players being more aggressive but not so out of the ordinary that its just a jumbled unrealistic mess.

Nice eye and good work Czar. It is pretty amazing whats finally happening with the AI

I agree lol It's like in every thread there HAS to be something negative mentioned about the game. Here how it goes...."Yeah yeah the DNA is a nice feature BUT......yadda yadda yadda" lol. It's amazing sometimes. Like I said before and will continue to say, job well done this year EA. I'm having a blast with the game. Continue to add on to what you have, I see nothing but potential in the future.

And by the way, nice vid Czar, keep em coming.
 
# 4 bls @ 10/28/08 09:53 PM
Crazy and ironic part about this thread is, I'm watching this Cav and Celtics game and they running the 1-4 high pick and roll for him now and guess what, he's at the 4 spot lol
 
# 5 23 @ 10/28/08 10:17 PM
Im watching it too bls... This game is more authentic to the real NBA as Czar stressed about 4 times in a row.

Sorry but something has to be said for this
 
# 6 23bluesman @ 10/28/08 10:32 PM
Thanks for that Czar! It was great!

As much as I'm loving the 09 game, you're right, they could do great things with the foundation that they set up this year, which makes me really excited for 2010.
 
# 7 DirtyJerz32 @ 10/28/08 10:40 PM
WOW! Is all I have to say. That was cpu v cpu correct? If so, that was unbelievable. DNA is real! EA is really on to something here. I can't wait to see how this is played out for the rest of the season.

This may be answered already but, how does DNA effect your dynasty games? I am going back in forth with both games this year. Live has gotten more burn in the PS3. 70/30.

Oh and to everyone that is saying this game is an arcade dunkfest. Watch the vid again and notice what Czar says about the Magic game. You'll hear him loud and clear. LJames had ONE dunk all game. For one of the best dunkers in the game to have ONE dunk on cpu v cpu that screams sim IMO!

Games back on can't wait to play a game tonight. I feel like it's xmas and I'm opening NBA Live 95 on Sega Genesis.
 
# 8 Ballatician @ 10/28/08 10:43 PM
Great vid! I'm always saying how the teams play like the real thing. Looks like DNA can potentially correct some of the substitutions problems too.
 
# 9 Ty @ 10/28/08 11:03 PM
Great video. Shows how much the DNA works. It's great!
 
# 10 23 @ 10/28/08 11:27 PM
Come on dave, dont start nothing man


... and yeah those rewind games are real.
 
# 11 23bluesman @ 10/28/08 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDRE_OS
Come on dave, dont start nothing man


... and yeah those rewind games are real.
Yup, I've played a bunch of rewind games as well, and I must say, I'm very impressed.
 
# 12 rnichol8 @ 10/29/08 11:58 AM
Nice Vid Czar!

I'm a 2Ker and I am extremely impress with the things NBA Live are doing this year. DNA and Rewind is incredible! Live is stepping up.

But I can't wait for that 2K Czarisode
 
# 13 GSW @ 10/29/08 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Court_vision
I'm going to try a rewind game tonight.

The CPU very rarely fastbreaks in LIVE...so how will they replicate fast breaking teams like the Suns in rewind?????????
turn game speed up.
 
# 14 GSW @ 10/29/08 12:21 PM
Its da Czar Its da Czar Its da Czar,

Great work homie.

Youve basically pinpointed in one video why this game will get the majority of burn during the season for me, i can live with the lack of animations, Give me realistic team sets, momentum, player DNA that mimics real life...what else do I need?

Now if only i could fix these shooting percentages...
 
# 15 sportyguyfl31 @ 10/29/08 12:38 PM
I havent played any rewind games yet..i need to try one out. Dynasty mode is great though so far.

As far as how dynasty mode effects DNA. I started mine with the update just before opening night.

Basically, whatever DNA you download prior to starting your dynasty is the DNA you will have in your dynasty, if I am not mistaken.
 
# 16 23 @ 10/29/08 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSW
Its da Czar Its da Czar Its da Czar,

Great work homie.

Youve basically pinpointed in one video why this game will get the majority of burn during the season for me, i can live with the lack of animations, Give me realistic team sets, momentum, player DNA that mimics real life...what else do I need?

Now if only i could fix these shooting percentages...
I think that's probably the majority reason why people are still playing this game along with the fact that its just fun.

BTW, if you haven't played a rewind game to check the differences then you owe it to yourself.

Its funny seeing certain guys be more aggressive than normal, within the offense though
 
# 17 Da_Czar @ 10/29/08 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edubbs
Great job as usual Czar.

DNA has unlimited potential.

However, Beluba and co. REALLY have their work cut out for them animation wise.

The players still move and react like robots and does not give you the impression of watching actual players interacting at all.

This franchise needs an overhaul in the animation department BigTime. I can see DNA being an incredible feature in the future but until they get the players to move and react like humans this game will continue to come up short IMO.

Hopefully, they can add a boat load of new animations and signature styles for next year with Mike having a full Dev. cycle to work with.
Edubb what up family..... Hey man I would rather worry about EA needing animations than worry about them not knowing how to program a sim experience. That is the foundation that everything else can build off of. For me I rather have a great core gameplay with questionable animations than visa versa... Plus SUPER B is on the case baby. also notice how many ea devs are floating around here that is a big change from a few years ago.

Hell one dude who is a steve nash fan got him added back to the canadian nat team cause steph saw his complaint. You take a company with the resources of EA and then have that company actually paying attention to its most ardent fan base. Combine that with the leverage to be able to take things that work out of other games and engines (fifa) and you have incredible potential. Plus they got SUPER B LOLOLOL.
 
# 18 Pared @ 10/29/08 02:06 PM
Great vid Czar.

Unfortunately you also saw a glimpse of one of the problems with the DNA. Unless it's an AI issue... but towards the end Varejao has an open path the lane, decides to do a pull up jumper and pass out to the 3 point in the middle of the jumper.

Although head scratchers like that are few and far between, it makes me wonder if DNA coding is somehow fighting with the AI coding. One obviously has to take precedence over the other in certain situations... but with an open path to the basket?
 
# 19 Da_Czar @ 10/29/08 02:06 PM
DNA is the truth man. I wasn't able to show yall the real meat and potatoes because of time. The way the other players played around lebron play each of those games tells the story. Using rewind I have played about 15 games against the Cavs and practically each one was a different experience based on what they were doing in real life...

I saw Delonte west get aggressive against Orlando I would presume because of the mis match at the point with nelson. The system is tremendous. Bench players who had big games in dna get minutes and look to produce. then other games they move the ball.

Next year they will probably add something along the lines of tempo or coach settings so that fast teams play a lil bit faster. But we KNOW they don't have to scrap everything and start over... that is what made 2k what it is. constant refining rather than rebuilding.
 
# 20 Da_Czar @ 10/29/08 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Great vid Czar.

Unfortunately you also saw a glimpse of one of the problems with the DNA. Unless it's an AI issue... but towards the end Varejao has an open path the lane, decides to do a pull up jumper and pass out to the 3 point in the middle of the jumper.

Although head scratchers like that are few and far between, it makes me wonder if DNA coding is somehow fighting with the AI coding. One obviously has to take precedence over the other in certain situations... but with an open path to the basket?
Thanks Pared. Good point. like you said I have not seen a ton of it but there are instances where something like that happens. In this game in 48 mintutes of gameplay I think there may be 2 other headscratcher moments. I'll take that....

Truthfully I thought they were going to mess this up and the game would be a robotic mess as far as slavishly obeying the tendencies.
 

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.