Home
News Post

IGN has posted their hands-on preview of NBA 2K9.

Quote:
"Making cuts is also much easier in Team Up than it is normally. Given the fact that the reflexes of a human are nowhere near that of a machine, it's much easier to use a fast player's quickness to make a quick run at the basket when your defender has their own dimwits as well as Internet latency to deal with. If that doesn't work, you can always curl around a few bodies and try to work your way to an open spot back on the perimeter."

Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 71 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Jano @ 09/23/08 07:18 PM
Thanks for the update Nets.
 
# 2 Nodima @ 09/23/08 07:23 PM
Natch, was just about to post. Good read.


Actually, pretty fluffy. Mashing the steal button?
 
# 3 BrianFifaFan @ 09/23/08 07:23 PM
Dang, 60 more dollars to come up with. I'm gonna have to give this a spin.....
 
# 4 Scoop 24 @ 09/23/08 07:33 PM
thanks
 
# 5 DakkoN @ 09/23/08 07:34 PM
Brian if you play sim at all we got to get some games in
 
# 6 BBkobe87 @ 09/23/08 07:37 PM
Is anyone else afraid that this new camera angle may be more difficult to play with (or perhaps even easier), thus giving an advantage to those who play with a certain camera angle? (you can switch back to the normal camera angle)

The new camera angle sounds fun but if it's more difficult to play with I'm thinking some will use the normal view
 
# 7 Klocker @ 09/23/08 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBkobe87
Is anyone else afraid that this new camera angle may be more difficult to play with (or perhaps even easier), thus giving an advantage to those who play with a certain camera angle? (you can switch back to the normal camera angle)

The new camera angle sounds fun
but if it's more difficult to play with I'm thinking some will use the normal view

I'm guessing it's the same Player Lock camera from 2k8 (or better yet CH2k8 with the transparent hoop stand when the camera swings behind it)
 
# 8 CaCHooKa Man @ 09/23/08 08:01 PM
if the camera is like how it is in be a pro mode in FIFA 08 then it wont be that bad.
 
# 9 Klocker @ 09/23/08 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaCHooKa Man
if the camera is like how it is in be a pro mode in FIFA 08 then it wont be that bad.

have you never played Player Lock camera in a 2k game?

it's similar to be a pro but the camera stays behind you while facing the ball at all times. it doesn't back out as far from the action but I'm sure there are zoom and height functions
 
# 10 RubenDouglas @ 09/23/08 08:04 PM
theres all these people with the game yet not many videos or screenshots out there.. steve can only do so much.
 
# 11 BrianFifaFan @ 09/23/08 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
Brian if you play sim at all we got to get some games in
Is there any other way to play? No I think I'll put my SF at center and press all game and run the fast break. Trust me, I would rather lose then cheese.....
 
# 12 DakkoN @ 09/23/08 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
Is there any other way to play? No I think I'll put my SF at center and press all game and run the fast break. Trust me, I would rather lose then cheese.....
I hear you man, I love just getting in a good game with the dudes on my friend list. Me and HMcCoy had 2 barn burners the other day with us splitting the games and I couldn't of had any more fun.
 
# 13 mars blackmon @ 09/23/08 08:14 PM
hmmm not much new there in terms of info but thanks for posting this nets, appreciate it.
 
# 14 Hassan Darkside @ 09/23/08 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeKing
Do you guys know if this game will have player lock with the broadcast camera?

I'm not sure if 2K8 did. I just discovered this new method of playing video games, but I need the broadcast view.

Thanks.
2k8 had a specific player lock camera view by default but you could go into the settings and change it, so I'm assuming that it'd be the same this year.
 
# 15 Al_Bundy @ 09/23/08 11:29 PM
I'm really excited about this 5v5 Team Up feature. What I want to know is if I'll be able to team up with other users from my console to play with and against other players online. EX., if I have a friend over, can we team up with other human players online? Or will it just be one human player per console?
 
# 16 reptilexcq @ 09/23/08 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_Bundy
I'm really excited about this 5v5 Team Up feature. What I want to know is if I'll be able to team up with other users from my console to play with and against other players online. EX., if I have a friend over, can we team up with other human players online? Or will it just be one human player per console?
In unranked game....YES, you can team up with people on same console...it's already there in previous games. But not rank game though.
 
# 17 alldayy @ 09/24/08 06:07 AM
This has easily been my most anticipated and requested feature ever since I started playing Nba2k games. Only 2 weeks to go! Can't wait!
 
# 18 BOSsTOwN @ 09/24/08 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
Is there any other way to play? No I think I'll put my SF at center and press all game and run the fast break. Trust me, I would rather lose then cheese.....
not to go off topic but ive never understood how people considered pressing all game cheating. so a coach that goes with a full court press isnt playing fair??


im not that excited about the 5on 5 . of course im going to try it, but in sports games i like control and with this i would rather go to the gym than do this
 
# 19 Bornindamecca @ 09/24/08 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSsTOwN
not to go off topic but ive never understood how people considered pressing all game cheating. so a coach that goes with a full court press isnt playing fair??
Because the fatigue would drastically change a team that pressed all game in real life, but in the game there is no penalty. If players got suitably tired after a certain amount of turbo abuse, it wouldn't be an issue.
 
# 20 eDotd @ 09/24/08 01:23 PM
When was the last time an NBA team pressed all game (every minute, every possession?)
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.