Home
News Post

Kotaku has the scoop. What do you think is going to happen?

Quote:
"There's rumours! Rumours on the street. Wall Street, to be precise, as investment site Seeking Alpha say they've heard EA may be "walking away from merger talks" with long-time takeover target Take-Two. T2's conference call earlier today said nothing of this, of course, nor have EA (as the pair are now cosy in their cone of silence), so this is all conjecture, but it's hardly outrageous conjecture. The EA-T2 courtship rituals have been prologued, fumbling and, ultimately, boring, with a deal looking less and less likely the longer the whole sorry mess drags itself along."

Member Comments
# 1 jmood88 @ 09/05/08 09:26 AM
I really hope this is true.
 
# 2 TheBadazz @ 09/05/08 09:37 AM
I hope it's true also. I want to see APF 2K10.
 
# 3 savoie2006 @ 09/05/08 11:17 AM
Yeah, this could only be a good thing, but it is just "rumors" at this point. I wonder if Take Two would look for someone else to merger with?
 
# 4 Mintsa @ 09/05/08 11:41 AM
I'm surprised this thread isn't exploding with responses ???

Is it a rumor ??? Yes.

But thats how the whole thing started anyways, with a rumor.

For any any sports fan (especially) basketball this could be HUGE news !!

(Well, maybe for fans of MVP baseball, this is NOT good news...j/k)
 
# 5 jmood88 @ 09/05/08 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
Yeah, this could only be a good thing, but it is just "rumors" at this point. I wonder if Take Two would look for someone else to merger with?
I wouldn't have a problem if they merged with anyone else, just as long as they don't go anywhere near EA.
 
# 6 statum71 @ 09/05/08 12:10 PM
God I hope so!!! I'm not an EA *****, But I don't want them doing my basketball.

2K is so much better its hard to even imagine Live ever catching up
 
# 7 bkfount @ 09/05/08 01:27 PM
hate to be a debbie downer, but what keeps EA from simply continuing to acquiring shares on the open market, like they've been doing all along?

Even if EA did walk away, it wouldn't revive the dead college basketball and APF franchises that Take Two canned themselves.
 
# 8 jmood88 @ 09/05/08 01:44 PM
But it would keep the nba2k series alive.
 
# 9 ehh @ 09/05/08 02:12 PM
And hopefully bring back College Hoops at some point in the future.
 
# 10 mvb34 @ 09/05/08 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
And hopefully bring back College Hoops at some point in the future.

Didn't they canned College Hoops because they didn't want to pay the licensing fees anymore?
 
# 11 ehh @ 09/05/08 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
Didn't they canned College Hoops because they didn't want to pay the licensing fees anymore?
Yes, but at least there's hope if 2K is still around. If 2K was bought out there would be no chance the series would ever be resurrected.
 
# 12 Knight165 @ 09/05/08 03:56 PM
.....and in other news......T2 goes from a 58 billion dollar loss projection to a 51 billion dollar profit projection on GTA's sales.
I just read a little blurb in a newspaper, so I don't have a link...sorry and I didn't check to see if it's correct or the right numbers, so don't quite quote me yet...but if correct...
That's a pretty good shift......
The stock didn't rebound that well from that news(I'm a little surprised) from the down trend on the rumor that EA is walking away.

M.K.
Knight165
 
# 13 ehh @ 09/05/08 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
.....and in other news......T2 goes from a 58 billion dollar loss projection to a 51 billion dollar profit projection on GTA's sales.
I just read a little blurb in a newspaper, so I don't have a link...sorry and I didn't check to see if it's correct or the right numbers, so don't quite quote me yet...but if correct...
That's a pretty good shift......
The stock didn't rebound that well from that news(I'm a little surprised) from the down trend on the rumor that EA is walking away.

M.K.
Knight165
I think that'd be million.
 
# 14 CS10029 @ 09/05/08 08:08 PM
I'd like to see CH come back, who needs to buy what to get that going?
 
# 15 RAZRr1275 @ 09/05/08 08:15 PM
YEESSSSSSSSSS if this is true
 
# 16 Knight165 @ 09/05/08 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I think that'd be million.


Yes....million....

M.K.
Knight165
 
# 17 Chitown1211 @ 09/06/08 01:54 PM
I pray this is true. If 2k is sold it needs to go to a game maker who will expand the franchise and not kill it like EA will.


I always hoped MS would jump in. Buy 2k and make it their new sports division. With their firepower they could fight EA dollar for dollar and get sports gaming back where it needs to be.
 
# 18 jewelz1132 @ 09/06/08 02:27 PM
lets go MS
 
# 19 allBthere @ 09/06/08 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown1211
I pray this is true. If 2k is sold it needs to go to a game maker who will expand the franchise and not kill it like EA will.


I always hoped MS would jump in. Buy 2k and make it their new sports division. With their firepower they could fight EA dollar for dollar and get sports gaming back where it needs to be.
If anything, I'd like Sega to buy TT and bring re-name 2ksports and bring it back home to sega sports. That would be a nice outcome, but I don't think sega has the bank for it.

Also, where are all the matter-of-fact people who were basically throwing out insults to anyone who didn't think the deal was 'inevitable'. The price is wrong beaches!
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.