Home
Football Manager 2009 News Post

Videogamer has posted an interview with Sports Interactive MD Miles Jacobson, as they talk about Football Manager 2009.

Quote:
Videogamer: "We're particularly interested in how you've completely rebuilt the transfer system. How will it be different for the player?"

Miles Jacobson: "The user will not see much difference. It will be a hell of a lot faster. Quite a few of the features that you'll see in the game will be made possible because we've rewritten what we call the shortlist manager, that controls all the transfers. They'll see a lot more transfers that make sense. They'll see more things like what you've seen this year in the transfer window; there were a lot of season long loans with views to a permanent transfer afterwards, you'll be seeing more of those in there. It's just more flexible, more efficient, and makes it easier moving forward as well as easier this year. You know that system has been in place for many many years, so it was due a shake up."

Screenshots at SI Games, right here.

Game: Football Manager 2009Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: Mac / PC / PSPVotes for game: 3 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 Krebstar @ 09/04/08 01:59 PM
That 3D match engine looks great. I really hope we can import more field patterns, sign boards, etc.
 
# 2 thegoons21 @ 09/05/08 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUglyOrgan
That 3D match engine looks great. I really hope we can import more field patterns, sign boards, etc.
I'm a FM PC version rookie. I've played the handheld version and got the competition logos and team shields/logos. Would proper kits be a stretch in the PC version? Is it that mod-able?

I'm actually going to pick this up for the PC this year. Looks great and the dev team seems really in tune with their fans. God help me if I really, really get hooked on this game. This, FIFA, PES, NHL....
 
# 3 JRod @ 09/06/08 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoons21
I'm a FM PC version rookie. I've played the handheld version and got the competition logos and team shields/logos. Would proper kits be a stretch in the PC version? Is it that mod-able?

I'm actually going to pick this up for the PC this year. Looks great and the dev team seems really in tune with their fans. God help me if I really, really get hooked on this game. This, FIFA, PES, NHL....
You can have real kits, logos, shields etc. There's a few websites but you can start at www.sortitoutsi.com.

FSquid knows a lot of sites for editing. Maybe he can share a few. He's our resident OS guru.
 
# 4 ChubbyBanana @ 09/06/08 04:04 AM
I've always wanted to get into these types of games. It seems super mod-able.
 
# 5 Perceptor @ 10/28/08 12:58 AM
Can't wait for this game. As much as I love FIFA, FM is the game I always get addicted to. You do so so much in that game that it's great.

I'm still playing FM 2008 right now with updated database.
 
# 6 poster @ 11/01/08 10:11 PM
Anyone try the demo yet? It appears to be available now. Might check it out in a bit if I have some time.

I have another question if anyone can help? On the Football Manager site you can pre order the game via digital download by Steam. When doing that by clicking on the link, the title of the game now says Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009. I am confused as the description seems exactly the same, but the title is different. Same game right?
 
# 7 Perceptor @ 11/02/08 03:48 AM
Yes it's the same game Poster. The digital version for us North Americans is Worldwide Soccer Manager but the games are exactly the same.

I just downloaded the demo via Steam and I will give the game a shot and give my impressions of the new engine and changes to the game
 
# 8 yoyoma @ 11/02/08 09:13 AM
Anyone familiar with steam not sure i want to get the game through them. Can anyone ease my worries or should i just get the game from amazon. trying the demo from them now
 
# 9 poster @ 11/02/08 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perceptor
Yes it's the same game Poster. The digital version for us North Americans is Worldwide Soccer Manager but the games are exactly the same.

I just downloaded the demo via Steam and I will give the game a shot and give my impressions of the new engine and changes to the game
Thanks Perceptor for the reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyoma
Anyone familiar with steam not sure i want to get the game through them. Can anyone ease my worries or should i just get the game from amazon. trying the demo from them now
Never used Steam, but have read that it is pretty good. Guess it is all personal opinion. It is a nice option for those who don't want to wait for the game to ship from overseas.

What I am torn on is that I want to play it on my Mac. I think the Steam option is for a PC install only. Still trying to figure that out. Might ask on their forums.
 
# 10 yoyoma @ 11/02/08 11:19 AM
my fear of steam comes from a total lack of knowledge nothing i have heard.
 
# 11 MachoMyers @ 11/02/08 04:34 PM
I have about 50 games on Steam (not all loaded). It is usually a thing of beauty but can have issues with mods. OOTP Baseball 9 came out on it this year and from what I heard from the OOTP crowd there were no issues with mods and addons.
 
# 12 yoyoma @ 11/02/08 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier12
I have about 50 games on Steam (not all loaded). It is usually a thing of beauty but can have issues with mods. OOTP Baseball 9 came out on it this year and from what I heard from the OOTP crowd there were no issues with mods and addons.
thank you
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.