Home
News Post

Game: NBA Live 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 37 - View All
NBA Live 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 RubenDouglas @ 08/20/08 08:05 PM
I love the lighting, textures, and graphics. the animations are finally catching up to that. cut scenes look top notch.. Very impressive from a quick glance.

itll be interesting how the DNA works, thats what sorta worries me intiailly.

EA, why do you give a game to preview and review, TO GUYS who have fisher at SF, kobe at PF, and odom at PG?????? it just blows my mind to know they give out insight with the way they are playing
 
# 2 bateman11 @ 08/20/08 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
I love the lighting, textures, and graphics. the animations are finally catching up to that. cut scenes look top notch.. Very impressive from a quick glance.

itll be interesting how the DNA works, thats what sorta worries me intiailly.

EA, why do you give a game to preview and review, TO GUYS who have fisher at SF, kobe at PF, and odom at PG?????? it just blows my mind to know they give out insight with the way they are playing
lol great question
 
# 3 Boreez2000 @ 08/20/08 08:30 PM
Both teams with away jerseys was interesting...i suppose. Maybe that was in last years Live, i don't know, i didn't play it.
Also i like the "fake until my feet are beyond the three-point line"
 
# 4 bateman11 @ 08/20/08 08:32 PM
On the video, wow lol. Play the game the right way damnit.
 
# 5 DC @ 08/20/08 08:33 PM
Yea I love Live's arena lighting.

I like that Kobe pass to the perimeter for 3. Look again if you have to
 
# 6 jnb5001 @ 08/20/08 08:36 PM
The last shot kinda worried me. He pivoted twice then busted a 3 pointer fading away with a man in his face. But these guys were obviously cheesers probally p,laying on rookie.
 
# 7 23 @ 08/20/08 08:45 PM
Probably on rookie? Dude Lamar was hitting jumpers, and everyone else was hitting crazy low IQ shots as well...


The game looks nice and the animations seems to flow alot better, but they need to let someone who knows how to play show off the game instead of people doing cheesfest control 101
 
# 8 Da_Czar @ 08/20/08 08:51 PM
did any of those shtos hit the rim ? Dam it was swich city... The crowd is georgous some of the animations looked kinda off to me though just didn't look right. Lighting is Great !!
 
# 9 23 @ 08/20/08 08:56 PM
Seriously, that was cheesefest 09

I really wish EA would pick a couple of guys from here to do that kind of stuff around this time of year.

Its always the guys who dont have a clue who gets to play
 
# 10 WTF @ 08/20/08 09:09 PM
I don't know... I really liked what I saw. May take a little tweaking, but as long as the right players take the right shots.. then I'm good. I liked last year quite a bit after editing... I love the graphics, and I love the atmosphere. I can't wait for this. As long as some of the quirky animations from last year are gone, and it's more fluid... I'm buying.
 
# 11 SageInfinite @ 08/20/08 09:12 PM
Well that didn't show off the game very well . Graphics look great and the animations are much improved. Sound is incredible.
 
# 12 23bluesman @ 08/20/08 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
I don't know... I really liked what I saw. May take a little tweaking, but as long as the right players take the right shots.. then I'm good. I liked last year quite a bit after editing... I love the graphics, and I love the atmosphere. I can't wait for this. As long as some of the quirky animations from last year are gone, and it's more fluid... I'm buying.
I agree, while this video was a cheesefest and didn't show off the sim style of play that a lot of us here wanted to see, it looks like it has the potential to be great and enjoyable after tweaking sliders and such.

I like the fact that you can choose any type of jersey, home or away, independent of whose home court it is. Sometimes in the NBA the home team wears their away jersey (or alternate) and the away team wears their home. It's nice to be able to do that in the game. Was this in past next-gen Live titles?

Also, this vid seems to confirm that Lights Out is in the game for Staples Center! Just see how bright the crowd is in this vid compared to the Lakers vs Clippers vids in IGN. I only play as the Lakers so I'm very happy about that. Was this in last year's Live also? Hehe sorry, I haven't played next-gen as of yet, 09 will be my first.

I didn't like the last shot also, not because it went in, but because of the 'fake shot travelling' thing. Reminded me of 2k in the ps2, where you could jab step all you want and travel towards the 3 point line.

Just saw a glitch: in the middle part of the video there seemed to be two Phil Jacksons, or was it the other coach going way over to the other side?

Other than that, I am still very excited for this game.
 
# 13 Da_Czar @ 08/20/08 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
I don't know... I really liked what I saw. May take a little tweaking, but as long as the right players take the right shots.. then I'm good. I liked last year quite a bit after editing... I love the graphics, and I love the atmosphere. I can't wait for this. As long as some of the quirky animations from last year are gone, and it's more fluid... I'm buying.
The legend returns WHAT up WTF !!!!
 
# 14 slvicick @ 08/20/08 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
some are just too easy too please, this game doesn't animate well at all, still floaty ball passes that breezes by, just looks awkward to me, I should be seeing great progress by now, and I'm only seeing minimal gains
Took the words out of my mouth
 
# 15 jewelz1132 @ 08/20/08 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreez2000
Both teams with away jerseys was interesting...i suppose. Maybe that was in last years Live, i don't know, i didn't play it.
Also i like the "fake until my feet are beyond the three-point line"
Its been in every Live since Hardwood classics became a feature back in 03-04 I think..

yeah I hate that in games..I remember my brother used to Jab step then pump fake from the 3pt line over and over until he was near the freethrow line in 2K8 lol
 
# 16 noshun @ 08/20/08 09:55 PM
It was a little funky in some areas. But not too bad. Luv Mist you have to get back at me.. on yim ... i got something to tell ya.
 
# 17 blackngoldfan @ 08/20/08 10:13 PM
Here's some little details I noticed:

At 0:47, Odom inbounded the ball while running onto the floor. I haven't seen that before. It looked realistic.

At 1:02, there was some excitement on the Warriors bench after the dunk.

At 1:35, a player from the Lakers bench seemed to throw up his arms in frustration after the made 3 pointer by Golden State.
 
# 18 Muzyk23 @ 08/20/08 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
some are just too easy too please, this game doesn't animate well at all, still floaty ball passes that breezes by, just looks awkward to me, I should be seeing great progress by now, and I'm only seeing minimal gains
no, you are not alone..passing is still not fixed and looks awful, there are a lot of weird animations, the ball is too big..on the positive: lighting and sound
 
# 19 blingballa333 @ 08/21/08 12:19 AM
that dunk by Kobe was absolutley atrocious! Another showing of weird animations from NBA LIve. It ceraintly does look improved, but it just isn't up to par in the animations department...Something Live needs to learn from 2k.
 
# 20 ChaseB @ 08/21/08 12:34 AM
Sorry guys, next time I'll try to play better.

Honestly though, during the EA showcase I was getting taped while playing FIFA and NBA Live, I just wish I could find what site had done those recordings.
 

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.