Home
Madden 09 News Post

Feel free to discuss the patch here. According to EA's Phil Frazier, this is what the patch addressed.

Quote:
  • Changed default quarter length of online leagues to 5 minutes.
  • Solved a very rare stability issue that occured when using a couple of playbooks.
  • Eliminated a button mashing glitch during high latency online games.
  • Eliminated a stability issue that sometimes occured while viewing the player HUB in online leagues.
  • Fixed a tricky disc eject glitch that occured at specific points of online games.
  • Kick Return Tuning - made improvements to help reduce frequent long kick returns.
  • Safety Tuning - eliminated issue where safeties in deep zone coverage would sometimes not react to a run to their side.
  • The game skill slider for interceptions was tuned to amplify it's affect.

Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 CM1847 @ 08/15/08 03:37 PM
I think it'd save a lot of confusion if you copied Ian's list of issues the patch was supposed to address into the top post here, just a thought.

Edit: Sorry, it wasn't Ian who posted that, it was one of the others, either way, it'd be useful I think.

I just got the patch, playing my first game now, from what I remember of the list the only gameplay-related fix is with the kick-returns, I'll keep an eye on that.
 
# 2 TJdaSportsGuy @ 08/15/08 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM1847
I think it'd save a lot of confusion if you copied Ian's list of issues the patch was supposed to address into the top post here, just a thought.

Edit: Sorry, it wasn't Ian who posted that, it was one of the others, either way, it'd be useful I think.

I just got the patch, playing my first game now, from what I remember of the list the only gameplay-related fix is with the kick-returns, I'll keep an eye on that.
Good call...I'll do that.
 
# 3 CM1847 @ 08/15/08 03:56 PM
My first kick return with the patch was the first time I failed to make it to at least the 30 yard line, so I guess that is working. I'll keep an eye out for the safety thing, I did notice at times a RB would have the ball and be running downfield and the safety would be backpeddling, hopefully the patch fixes that.
 
# 4 bighurt27 @ 08/15/08 03:58 PM
Well so much for robo qb. I got 6 interceptions in my first game post patch so I gotta go tweak my sliders again.
 
# 5 therockstar2005 @ 08/15/08 04:21 PM
Eh, I'm still getting the robo QB, but I think its half the game and half I suck. I have seen a few more interceptions than before though, and the kick return thing does seem to have changed, I think its a bit more smarter with coverage on both sides.
 
# 6 JMD @ 08/15/08 04:50 PM
Robo QB was not addressed in this patch.
 
# 7 Anurak @ 08/15/08 04:50 PM
Since the other thread is locked where I posted, i'm gonna re-post if that's cool.

If someone can upload the patch due to me having no connection to the internet with the PS3 cause im on vacation. Appreciate if you can.

 
# 8 Ankido @ 08/15/08 05:01 PM
They need to fix the CPU running out of bounds.
 
# 9 countryboy @ 08/15/08 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ka520
Sorry for a dumb post, but I've never downloaded a patch before. I have a PS3, how do I do it?
its not a dumb post.

If your PS3 is connected to the internet, once you fire up the game, it will prompt you that a new version of the game is available. Just press "ok" (or whatever it says) and the patch will install.

 
# 10 countryboy @ 08/15/08 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankido
They need to fix the CPU running out of bounds.
thats being addressed in the 2nd patch.
 
# 11 ForeseenBurrito @ 08/15/08 05:55 PM
I have actually disconnected more often since downloading the patch. I've had three games where both me and the opponent have disconnected. Twice my game has frozen after selecting "Continue vs. CPU" after the opponent has quit (not sure if this is a server issue or an issue with my game disc). Once I had a random disconnect where only I disconnected and opponent stayed in the game, even though I was still connected to Xbox LIVE and apparently the EA Servers as I was able to jump straight into a quick game after being disconnected. Before downloading the patch, I had about 3 disconnects in 10 games.
 
# 12 kehlis @ 08/15/08 06:06 PM
Can someone clarify this for me??

Is this the same patch that i was prompted to DL Monday night when i got the game??

That is the only time i have been prompted to download anything and i have been restarting my ps3 for a hour now trying to get this patch you guys are talking about.

My connection seems to be working fine.
 
# 13 SimBaller22 @ 08/15/08 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Can someone clarify this for me??

Is this the same patch that i was prompted to DL Monday night when i got the game??

That is the only time i have been prompted to download anything and i have been restarting my ps3 for a hour now trying to get this patch you guys are talking about.

My connection seems to be working fine.

The thread title is wrong...It should have said that the Patch for 360 is out and the PS3 was out on release day

This new patch for 360 is the same one that PS3 owners got on release day
 
# 14 jewelz1132 @ 08/15/08 06:10 PM
I dont where to post this but I have yet to finish an online game without it disconnecting
 
# 15 kehlis @ 08/15/08 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller22
The thread title is wrong...It should have said that the Patch for 360 is out and the PS3 was out on release day

This new patch for 360 is the same one that PS3 owners got on release day

thanks i was going nuts
 
# 16 icomb1ne @ 08/15/08 06:29 PM
I have asked this before but no one knew the answer. Will I be able to notice the gameplay fixes in my franchise where I am already a couple of games in or do I have to restart my franchise to get the fixes.
 
# 17 countryboy @ 08/15/08 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icomb1ne
I have asked this before but no one knew the answer. Will I be able to notice the gameplay fixes in my franchise where I am already a couple of games in or do I have to restart my franchise to get the fixes.
the patches do not effect franchise. You'll notice the gameplay changes without restarting.

 
# 18 X*Cell @ 08/15/08 06:53 PM
This patch addresses nothing important at all.
 
# 19 X*Cell @ 08/15/08 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierzynski 12
BS.
what about for the offline gamers? They did nothing for us offline gamers.
 
# 20 rckabillyRaider @ 08/15/08 08:31 PM
yeah, this patch doesnt really do much for gameplay. If patch #2 does happen, that should be the good one for gameplay
 

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.