Home
Madden 09 News Post

Pasta Padre has posted a article called Madden 09 Online Plagued by Problems.

Quote:
"How is 09 doing so far? Disconnects are happening frequently (late game field goals seem to be the biggest culprit) and PS3 users are having their games freeze when they attempt to enter lobby rooms. Both of these issues are serious enough to really damage any enjoyment to be had with online."

Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 TombSong @ 08/14/08 06:59 AM
I got through a game last night. Near the end I was nervous the game was gonna disconnect. It didnt though. I hope they get this straight. I plan on playing alot of online games this year.
 
# 2 ghm125 @ 08/14/08 07:05 AM
yeah first time was last night i got to really play and online was a mess
 
# 3 JBH3 @ 08/14/08 07:06 AM
The first game I played was on-line, and finished w/ a 17-7 win for me as STL vs Minny.

I thought that the connection was above avg...moving thru the menus was sometimes a pain, but on the field things were fine.
 
# 4 djep @ 08/14/08 07:14 AM
I had a couple of disconnects yesterday as well. I had an instance where I couldn't launch the game unless I selected Chicago's playbook. Also, is there a way to view replays online?
 
# 5 edubbs @ 08/14/08 08:06 AM
The fact that fatigue is not working for defensive players for online games and play now games is a MAJOR problem also.
 
# 6 NYyankz225 @ 08/14/08 08:17 AM
No problems with the 360 version...must be a PS3 problem.
 
# 7 mobbdeep1122 @ 08/14/08 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue58
Yes, Ive heard nothing about bad things about the Madden 09 online play as well, and have decided to pass yet again on next gen Madden.

Ian, Please. PLEASE have the devs. focus on fixing the online play for Madden next year. Or at least get the PC version back so we can play on that. Online Madden is the only way to play video game football. Its like the difference between having sex with a real girl (online) or a blow up doll (Playing against lame AI). Its a MUST.

Thanks.
I agree. I wish they'd put as much effort into online play as they do with some of the offline play features.
 
# 8 bowld @ 08/14/08 09:09 AM
i have the 360 version and have had disconnects in more than half my online games.
 
# 9 mva5580 @ 08/14/08 09:13 AM
I played my first online game last night (360,) and it'll also be my last. Lag was horrible, and I lost the connection with 4 minutes to go in the game.

I see my $50/year is being well utilized.
 
# 10 lnin0 @ 08/14/08 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580
I played my first online game last night (360,) and it'll also be my last. Lag was horrible, and I lost the connection with 4 minutes to go in the game.

I see my $50/year is being well utilized.
You played one game and are done? That is just idiotic.

There is not an online game in the world you can pick up and have perfect odds of seeing a lag free experience.

Host connection, geographical location, network traffic can all be a culprit and it is impossible to rule those out and say decisively after one sample that the cause of your issues are the game's netcode.
 
# 11 mva5580 @ 08/14/08 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0
You played one game and are done? That is just idiotic.

There is not an online game in the world you can pick up and have perfect odds of seeing a lag free experience.

Host connection, geographical location, network traffic can all be a culprit and it is impossible to rule those out and say decisively after one sample that the cause of your issues are the game's netcode.
You ever heard of that phrase "You only get 1 chance to make a first impression" ??

I bet you have. Anything you have a negative experience with the first time you could say "lol that's idiotic lol give it a chance lol." So cut the crap.

I've played 10+ games of NCAA online, and it's the same way. Every other game I can play online with little to zero lag, but the EA Sports games always seem to be laggy. And that's kind of a problem when you're playing sports games.

Add that to the fact that most of the time you're playing against immature, moronic, waste-of-my-oxygen human beings, and it becomes an "experience" not worth the time.

Do me a favor and don't throw the word "idiotic" around as if you actually know me and how I think. That, as some might say, is idiotic.
 
# 12 bkrich83 @ 08/14/08 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580
You ever heard of that phrase "You only get 1 chance to make a first impression" ??

I bet you have. Anything you have a negative experience with the first time you could say "lol that's idiotic lol give it a chance lol." So cut the crap.

I've played 10+ games of NCAA online, and it's the same way. Every other game I can play online with little to zero lag, but the EA Sports games always seem to be laggy. And that's kind of a problem when you're playing sports games.

Add that to the fact that most of the time you're playing against immature, moronic, waste-of-my-oxygen human beings, and it becomes an "experience" not worth the time.

Do me a favor and don't throw the word "idiotic" around as if you actually know me and how I think. That, as some might say, is idiotic.
Not sure how knowledgable you are on network connectivity and such, but you may want to check your at home connection and configuration.

I have played dozens of NCAA games online with almost no lag. Played Madden a few times and had one game with lag, but that actually turned out to be a connectivity problem on my end. (Wireless connection on my DVR decided to get real chatty for some reason)

As the other poster said, lag in these games, could be the result of one or several factors which don't always include EA.

Although it is vogue to bash EA at all chances, so have at it I guess.
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.