Like the links? Kick off some conversations about them!Did a little riding over the weekend, but not to the mountains. Just around some twisties around the area. Good times. Also did a bunch of house cleaning, rearranging and yard work. Plenty of it, still quite a bit left to do next weekend.

Watched the Hall of Fame induction. Even though I hate the Skins, it was pretty cool to see Art Monk get that ovation. The preseason football game wasn't bad, can't wait for the Boys first game baby! Signing up for HBO tonight to start watching Hard Knocks.

• QOTD: How was your weekend?

bishop77 (39), Renegade44 (27), el.wudl (25), magsman (23)

Member Comments
# 1 southernbelle @ 08/04/08 09:34 AM
i went to zurich for the weekend. one of the most beautiful cities i have ever been to. if anyone goes, i highly recommend taking the boat from Zurich to Rapperswil. it only takes 1.5 hours, and is a true HD experience. Zurich itself is beautiful.

Heathrow terminal 5 is really starting to show its worth. besides circling London for 30 minutes, was an easy/efficient return.

# 2 boomhauertjs @ 08/04/08 09:37 AM
Steve, did you know that every team that has been on Hard Knocks had a worse season than they had the previous one?

LINKS: Idiot test: I'm SMRT, I mean SMART.

If only gas prices were dropping as fast as 360 prices!

QOTD: Good weekend. Got a ton of gaming in. Played GTA and Rock Band as planned, plus the Madden (good) and Facebreaker (eh) demos, but one game I played that I didn't expect was CH 2k8. I had been wanting to play a game with NC ST and JJ Hickson, but hadn't got around to it. I finally did on Saturday and ended up playing a bunch of games with random teams. I'm not a huge college hoops guy, but that game does it right.

Other than gaming, about the only other things of significance I did were washing my car inside and out and going to my parents for dinner and helping them sell some stuff on Craigslist.

# 3 Steve_OS @ 08/04/08 09:58 AM
LOL, that is going to change this year Boom.

# 4 ManiacMatt1782 @ 08/04/08 10:01 AM
QOTD:
What was supposed to be a great weekend turned pretty bad. Friday after work My gf and I took our Mothers to see "The Dark Knight" Well just before the movie starts my gf started complaining about pain in her back and it would get worse when she took a deep breath. I told her it was probably a muscle thing.

After the movie ends, she is walking around fine but wants to go to the hospital because the pain is too bad. So we go to the hospital and we are there from 8 oclock till like 1am. The Hospitals Diagnosis, Muscle inflamation. Here is the kicker, she has no insurance. so now she has a super debt from the hospital visit. I also wanted to head to the casino saturday but couldnt, because she couldnt go. Well I could have went, but i would have never heard the end of it if i did.

Meanwhile I didnt get much rest this weekend and i have to work a ton of OT this week. My weekend kinda sucked.

# 5 callmetaternuts @ 08/04/08 10:04 AM
Whats up: Busy time for work, it never ends

QOTD: Weekend was good, did some ladnscapign, went to et estimates on new cabinets and countertops (holy crap they are expensive).

Links; I pssed the idiot test and the road signs are hilarious

# 6 ezekiel55 @ 08/04/08 10:25 AM
Still recovering from the weekend (I tied one on Friday and Saturday ), and to the poster who mentioned Zurich, that has to be one of my favorite cities on the planet...utter beauty.

# 7 Scott @ 08/04/08 10:35 AM
QOTD: Weekend went good, Saturday night I made $128 in tips.

# 8 SPTO @ 08/04/08 10:35 AM
Hey Steve that's a great video from youtube there. I'm gonna add this guy to my subscription list.

QOTD: It was a good weekend, I didn't do too much but I was a crazy man yesterday walking all the way to the video store and back in the scorching heat. I came home and nearly collapsed. It was that bad. Luckily it was worth it as I rented Civilization Revolution. What an addictive game!

# 9 davin @ 08/04/08 11:40 AM
QOTD: Weekend was alright. Saw the new mummy movie, it was good not great. Kept me entertained at least. Did some yardwork.

Links: Enjoyed the signs, I have seen a couple in person. The one with the "magic atmosphere" is in Ephesus in Turkey. Everybody there speaks pretty good English so it is funny that the sign is worded so awkwardly.

# 10 CMH @ 08/04/08 01:35 PM
I like the idiot test.

# 11 Acid @ 08/04/08 01:49 PM
QOTD: Weekend was good, we won our soccer game on Friday 6-1 and I scored a goal, so that was awesome. Had work Saturday and then just hung out the rest of the weekend. Only bad news from the weekend was my Elite got the RROD, so I'm not sure if I should just get a PS3 and the Show or get another 360.