Home
News Post


Game: NHL 09Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 47 - View All
NHL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Dalsanto0026 @ 08/02/08 05:37 AM
Can't wait!
 
# 2 AlexBrady @ 08/02/08 02:34 PM
Guys, will there be signature animations that only the great players can pull off in nhl 09?
 
# 3 SageInfinite @ 08/02/08 08:00 PM
Looks like another classic this year
 
# 4 LingeringRegime @ 08/02/08 09:05 PM
EA really has a good hockey dev team. It seems like these guys really know how to blend the realism and fun factor of a game. Now, if they only get them to work on NBA Live...
 
# 5 ohyeahbaby123 @ 08/02/08 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBrady
Guys, will there be signature animations that only the great players can pull off in nhl 09?
I don't know if this is the answer you are looking for, but only the good players will be able to pull off the tough dekes this year.
 
# 6 AlexBrady @ 08/02/08 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyeahbaby123
I don't know if this is the answer you are looking for, but only the good players will be able to pull off the tough dekes this year.
UM YEAH, but will they use their sig. shots and saves and checks?
 
# 7 pf8363 @ 08/02/08 10:26 PM
anyone catch the hip check at the end of this video? i thought they were supposed to be gone this year
 
# 8 Lubey @ 08/03/08 02:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBrady
UM YEAH, but will they use their sig. shots and saves and checks?
What's a signature check?
 
# 9 BigH2k6 @ 08/03/08 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubey
What's a signature check?
For those of you that are older and remember, Larry Robinson definitely had a "signature check" when he was taking guys out with his/rare end along the boards with that backing up into the oncoming skater coming down the boards hit. Classic
 
# 10 Qb @ 08/03/08 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pf8363
anyone catch the hip check at the end of this video? i thought they were supposed to be gone this year
It was certainly a hip-check, but I don't think that it was ever said that they would be removed (and why should they?). It was stated that the radar lock heat-seeking missile hip-checks are gone...
 
# 11 tyler289 @ 08/03/08 06:19 PM
game looks great. first it was offense, now defense, hopefully next year its all about the presentation and signature stuff. I'd love to see the arenas come alive in playoff time and the presentation get an upgrade. especially when it comes to momentum, because it is so huge in hockey.
 
# 12 pf8363 @ 08/05/08 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportmats
Why should those be gone? They are a part of a real hockey game. Do you ever watch real hockey games? I rather think that it has been to few hits in both NHL07 and NHL08. They should be look more on how it was in NHL06 where you could hit and take away an opponent standing in front of your crease.
umm.. yea i do, i watched every single sabres game this year, along with many others on nbc, versus, and all the hockey that i could during the playoffs. i also watch nhl on the fly every night on nhl network. i saw two hip-checks all year. one by jaroslav spacek, and another by andrew alberts. so yea, they really arent a part of a real hockey game anymore. especially since there were 10-15 hip checks PER-GAME in 08. i just heard there were no more hip-checks.
 
# 13 Qb @ 08/05/08 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pf8363
umm.. yea i do, i watched every single sabres game this year, along with many others on nbc, versus, and all the hockey that i could during the playoffs. i also watch nhl on the fly every night on nhl network. i saw two hip-checks all year. one by jaroslav spacek, and another by andrew alberts. so yea, they really arent a part of a real hockey game anymore. especially since there were 10-15 hip checks PER-GAME in 08. i just heard there were no more hip-checks.
You're right that the hip-check is becoming somewhat of a 'lost art'. But they still occur, just not nearly as often or as dramatically as they do in NHL 08. Hopefully Littman & Co really have removed the missile-lock checks (hip & otherwise), while adding more natural & contextual hitting animations as I believe they stated was their intention...
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.