Home
News Post

The following websites has posted NBA Live 09 updates:
  • Gamespot: NBA Live 09 Updated Hands-On (360)

    Quote:
    "In addition, the DNA data will record what kind of play a particular player prefers to run--everything from isolation, to pick and roll, to off-ball screens. Combine all these tendencies and you'll have a pretty complete picture of how a player competes."
  • IGN: Olympic Basketball Simulation

    Quote:
    "Of course, we could wait until the Gold Medal Game on August 24 to find out who the best team in the world is, but why wait when we can just boot up NBA Live '09, use the international teams included with the game, and simulate the tournament ourselves?"
  • IGN: NBA Live 09 Screenshots (360)

Game: NBA Live 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 37 - View All
NBA Live 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 bateman11 @ 07/30/08 09:00 PM
Thanks
 
# 2 BiggD @ 07/30/08 09:02 PM
good lookin' out
 
# 3 Bornindamecca @ 07/30/08 10:02 PM
TP is carrying the ball in that picture...*tweeet!*
 
# 4 stizz @ 07/31/08 04:08 AM
Man Rudy G*y looks bad.
 
# 5 jewelz1132 @ 07/31/08 04:46 AM
they finally did iguodalas face right
and are these driving tendencies ?

 
# 6 Jano @ 07/31/08 05:05 AM
Yeah their Iguodala face looks pretty accurate can't say the same about Rudy Gay though.

And yeah those are driving tendencies for either left or right. The ball is for how much they will shoot from that area.

I for one would love to see that tendency feature added to 2K because it will only go towards making the game even more true to life.
 
# 7 Muzyk23 @ 07/31/08 07:07 AM
the Gamespot hands-on says thah the feel of the game is the same as past Lives..huh?! I would say that's rather bad
 
# 8 Behindshadows @ 07/31/08 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzyk23
the Gamespot hands-on says thah the feel of the game is the same as past Lives..huh?! I would say that's rather bad
Meaning button configure on shots and probably the controller schemes and presentation.

We already know it plays different thanks to animations and things like that. But its still Live, basically their articles is saying its Live with improvements. And thats what people wanted!

From Pared hands on - its not a bad thing in no sense. And from all the videos and screens, games looks to be improved greatly and will hopefully gather its old fanbase back that were hurt by 07, and passed on 08 which was a good game, with a few issues but not many.
 
# 9 SageInfinite @ 07/31/08 11:59 AM
Anything is a improvement with the garbage they've put out on next gen so far. Can't wait to see how this bitch plays when the demo drops. Hopefully I won't have to slaughter in on the forums.
 
# 10 Behindshadows @ 07/31/08 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Anything is a improvement with the garbage they've put out on next gen so far. Can't wait to see how this bitch plays when the demo drops. Hopefully I won't have to slaughter in on the forums.
Then you and the rest of the peeps who think so bad of EA can get some bottled water or soda and stop drinking:


 
# 11 SageInfinite @ 07/31/08 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows2
Then you and the rest of the peeps who think so bad of EA can get some bottled water or soda and stop drinking:


IMO something actually has to be good for it to be considered hating. Live has been garbage my dude. Also I own alot of EA sports games so I can't think too badly of EA. When it comes to live tho homie, you're delusional. Hopefully this year they provide something more than comedy for me. Then maybe I can understand why you like Live.
 
# 12 Pared @ 07/31/08 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzyk23
the Gamespot hands-on says thah the feel of the game is the same as past Lives..huh?! I would say that's rather bad
The game isn't drastically different... The core of the game is still the same. It's not like they created a new engine.

However, there were many new animations that took momentum into effect... and the interaction 1 on 1 thanks to the new defensive setup will play a big role this year.

The game certainly feels better and it's enough to make the game pretty enjoyable. You're busy on both sides of the ball, something I haven't seen many bball titles do. Here's to hoping the issues we mentioned at the CD will be addressed.
 
# 13 younggrease @ 07/31/08 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
The game isn't drastically different... The core of the game is still the same. It's not like they created a new engine.

However, there were many new animations that took momentum into effect... and the interaction 1 on 1 thanks to the new defensive setup will play a big role this year.

The game certainly feels better and it's enough to make the game pretty enjoyable. You're busy on both sides of the ball, something I haven't seen many bball titles do. Here's to hoping the issues we mentioned at the CD will be addressed.
how would you rate it against 2k8? as far as realism? capturing individual player movements? fun factor?
 
# 14 Behindshadows @ 07/31/08 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
IMO something actually has to be good for it to be considered hating. Live has been garbage my dude. Also I own alot of EA sports games so I can't think too badly of EA. When it comes to live tho homie, you're delusional. Hopefully this year they provide something more than comedy for me. Then maybe I can understand why you like Live.
You know I'm just giving you a hard time...lol...

I know when you get your hands on it, you'll be blasting these threads about the improvements.
 
# 15 Pared @ 07/31/08 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by younggrease
how would you rate it against 2k8? as far as realism? capturing individual player movements? fun factor?
It's very difficult to capitalize on "realism" when we were all playing head to head. The game gave way to a more realistic pace and that's a good thing, IMO.

As for player personalization, while Live has improved I still think 2k's game goes much further it capturing the uniqueness of players much moreso than Live. I don't see this changing this year. They have made some more strides however.
 
# 16 rockchisler @ 07/31/08 03:02 PM
I could care less about screen shots, show me video game play other then Lakers Celtics
 
# 17 AI Crossover 3 @ 07/31/08 03:38 PM
How did the United States lose in the simulation?
And the starting line up is messed.
 
# 18 asu666 @ 07/31/08 06:25 PM
I'm not sure I'll buy another NBA game after the way the league treated the Sonics and the whole ref issue. 2K8 was the last 2K game to have a NCAA version to go with it, so yep, I think I have purchased my last NBA game for a very long time. EA's game just doesn't look like something I would put a lot of time into when there are so many other better games I could be playing.
 
# 19 ddyw250 @ 08/07/08 08:44 AM
let me have a look
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.