Home
News Post


Game: NHL 09Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 47 - View All
NHL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 hewillliveup2theHYPE5 @ 07/25/08 12:37 PM
Wow thats new. Nice find
 
# 2 ColdForged @ 07/25/08 12:38 PM
Nice find. Delicious trailer. Only thing is somehow it just seems like the online league will be topped by the kids that find the most loopholes in the engine not the ones with the most sound hockey sense.
 
# 3 SabresKings3623 @ 07/25/08 12:54 PM
awesome. BAP looks sickk
 
# 4 BrianFifaFan @ 07/25/08 08:16 PM
Thanks for the link. I'm really feeling this game. And the EA Hockey League sounds like gaming crack. I know Fifa has some unannounced online stuff besides 10v10. I'm hoping that it'll be something like this. If so, I'll probably end up divorced. Thanks for nothing EA! LOL......
 
# 5 bad_philanthropy @ 07/25/08 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
Thanks for the link. I'm really feeling this game. And the EA Hockey League sounds like gaming crack. I know Fifa has some unannounced online stuff besides 10v10. I'm hoping that it'll be something like this. If so, I'll probably end up divorced. Thanks for nothing EA! LOL......


So true, my wife is a very lenient woman when it comes to the things I do but even she learned to hate NHL and FIFA 08. EA could at least set up a support group for NHL and FIFA widows.
 
# 6 catcatch22 @ 07/25/08 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdForged
Nice find. Delicious trailer. Only thing is somehow it just seems like the online league will be topped by the kids that find the most loopholes in the engine not the ones with the most sound hockey sense.
Yeah I'm a little worried that the mode may turn into a who can level their player at the highest rating possible to cheese the game.

However even in NHL 08 I was able to win games with AHL Hartford with less caliber players online against guys using the Penguins. It will still come down to team play and skill reguardless of ratings.

I will defintely give it a go. Since I like defense, I might create myself as a Brian Leetch type. Puck moving Offensive Defenseman with a right handed shot.
 
# 7 voodoo_magic @ 07/25/08 10:28 PM
That is a pretty cool vid, thanks for posting.
I'm trying hard not to think hockey quite yet but it's not easy this year.
 
# 8 StatMan79 @ 07/28/08 10:26 AM
This could turn out to be extremely awesome. I'm very anxious to check this out.
 
# 9 kerosene31 @ 07/28/08 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catcatch22
Yeah I'm a little worried that the mode may turn into a who can level their player at the highest rating possible to cheese the game.
Yes, this is the unfortunate reality with any ranked online game. People juts HAVE to be #1. Many of them don't even seem to enjoy the game?

I also worry about people playing goalie and defense. Is everyone going to want to be a hot dogging center? Hopefully good defense gets rewarded as much as scoring, even if you don't put up points.

Still, it should be fun, even if we don't get to play quality people all the time. It will certainly not be dull online
 
# 10 Smiley79 @ 07/28/08 11:33 AM
For those that played in the Online Team Play in 08, were goalies able to be used then? If so, how was it? Way too many goals scored against them or was the goalie controls not that difficult?
 
# 11 Taku @ 07/28/08 12:15 PM
I dont think that playing as a goalie is going to be very popular, especially(and hopefully) if CPU goalie is atleast on All-star difficulty level. Game speed is not going to be slow enough and theres going to be some lag anyway. I expect 3vs3 or 4vs4 is going to be the usual setup for these matches, thats enough for me atleast...
 
# 12 Qb @ 07/28/08 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley79
For those that played in the Online Team Play in 08, were goalies able to be used then? If so, how was it? Way too many goals scored against them or was the goalie controls not that difficult?
I played several OTP games with user goalies and for the most part it wasn't too bad. It seemed like the guys who were willing to do it online had spent enough time offline to be passable. It did make screening the goalie a whole lot more rewarding as you could really tell when he couldn't see the puck...
 
# 13 bdseed316 @ 07/29/08 10:35 PM
So do you have to be in a league to play this 6on6 human mode or do you create yourself and play exhibition games to level yourself up?
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.