Home
Madden 09 News Post

IGN has posted another Madden Monday feature called 2008 Season Simulation.

Quote:
"We started the simulation in the preseason, which resulted in two key injuries, one of which dramatically derailed the team of the player involved. Both players hurt were wideouts."

Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Kevin26385 @ 07/07/08 10:52 PM
1-15 because we lost Hester...And apparently our defense doesn't matter.

I hope this was a fluke in simming.
 
# 2 treee @ 07/07/08 11:32 PM
Apparently NFC east is a power house now.
 
# 3 antnyboy20 @ 07/07/08 11:49 PM
3 NFL PLayoff teams from the NFC East isn't uncommon. Check the recent history, specifically the last 2 years, the year before that there were 2 teams. So i'd say it's a very good division.
 
# 4 EWRMETS @ 07/07/08 11:56 PM
Madden's the only way Tony Romo is going to win a playoff game.
 
# 5 coogrfan @ 07/08/08 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
Madden's the only way Tony Romo is going to win a playoff game.
 
# 6 Alliball @ 07/08/08 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillotine 1
Ok, I just had to reply to this. Being a Giants fan you of all people should know how tough it is to win a game vs the Cowboys. The NFC East the most competitive division in football, it has one of the richest histories in terms of playoff appearences and super bowl wins in the entire NFL, and last year three teams from that divison went to the playoffs (two of them went deep).

The raining super bowl champion resides in that division, and they beat the unbeatable all world, all everything NE Patriots in a thriller to do it. I am very proud to be a Dallas Cowboys fan, I love what my team stands for. I love competing with the best the NFL has to offer twice a year, every year. And I can't stand it when other fans in our division let outsiders talk down about it.

The Cowboys brought 5, count them...5 super bowls to the East. No team in the NFL has more, Steelers have just as many, but not more.

I love the E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles, I love the Redskins, & I love the Giants. And above all, most I love my Dallas Cowboys.

The NFC East: Welcome To The Pride!
So having a 1st round bye and losing your only playoff game is now considered going "deep" in the playoffs?

Sweet, as a Charger fan it was nice to see them go "deep" into the playoffs in 2006.
 
# 7 Kevin26385 @ 07/08/08 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycraze
Sounds about right. If Hester can't return kicks, the defense will have to score all the points every week.
Yeah cause the offense and special teams are incapable of scoring...
 
# 8 Benzhiyi @ 07/08/08 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev5890
Yeah cause the offense and special teams are incapable of scoring...
Of course it might turn out differently but at the moment things look pretty ominous for the Bears. With Orton or Grossman under center and a talented but untested rookie at running back (not to mention the dreadful Marty Booker as one of your starting wideouts), you guys could be in for a real tough season. 1-15 might be pushing it, but 4-12 wouldn't be beyond the realms of feasibility.
 
# 9 adembroski @ 07/08/08 10:50 AM
I'm going to laugh at you guys when half of this stuff comes close to happening.

You guys are assuming just because the Giants won the Superbowl, they'll be good again. Have any of you payed any attention to the NFL lately? With the exception of the Colts and Patriots, no team is a safe bet anymore. Period.

I think this is the BEST example of the sim engine we've seen so far. The first time we've seen big numbers out of Manning and Brady, proving 40+ TD seasons ARE possible (every previous season I've seen simulated, the league was lead at something like 28 touchdowns).

Certain teams having rough years does not tell me the sim engine sucks. Precisely the opposite... it means teams can go out and lay a stinker no matter how stacked they are. Just like real life.
 
# 10 mercalnd @ 07/08/08 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliball
So having a 1st round bye and losing your only playoff game is now considered going "deep" in the playoffs?
That's what I was thinking too. Only the Giants went deep. The others didn't even win a game.
 
# 11 The GIGGAS @ 07/08/08 10:53 AM
I take offense at the Jaguars' record, but that's to be assumed.
 
# 12 Kevin26385 @ 07/08/08 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzhiyi
Of course it might turn out differently but at the moment things look pretty ominous for the Bears. With Orton or Grossman under center and a talented but untested rookie at running back (not to mention the dreadful Marty Booker as one of your starting wideouts), you guys could be in for a real tough season. 1-15 might be pushing it, but 4-12 wouldn't be beyond the realms of feasibility.
You do realize Grossman was under center when they went to the Superbowl correct?

Are people seriously doubting what the Bears defense can do at full strength?
 
# 13 thudias @ 07/08/08 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I'm going to laugh at you guys when half of this stuff comes close to happening.

You guys are assuming just because the Giants won the Superbowl, they'll be good again. Have any of you payed any attention to the NFL lately? With the exception of the Colts and Patriots, no team is a safe bet anymore. Period.

I think this is the BEST example of the sim engine we've seen so far. The first time we've seen big numbers out of Manning and Brady, proving 40+ TD seasons ARE possible (every previous season I've seen simulated, the league was lead at something like 28 touchdowns).

Certain teams having rough years does not tell me the sim engine sucks. Precisely the opposite... it means teams can go out and lay a stinker no matter how stacked they are. Just like real life.
I totally agree with this statement.
 
# 14 ezekiel55 @ 07/08/08 11:44 AM
Since when is Hester a star Wide Reciever?
 
# 15 Kevin26385 @ 07/08/08 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zekey55
Since when is Hester a star Wide Reciever?
haha, IGN doesn't know how to play football video games, and apparently they dont watch football either.
 
# 16 Alliball @ 07/08/08 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev5890
You do realize Grossman was under center when they went to the Superbowl correct?

Are people seriously doubting what the Bears defense can do at full strength?
And Trent Dilfer was under center when the Ravens won a Super Bowl. Your point is?

Oh wait...Grossman > Fouts

Dilfer = Steve Young
 
# 17 ezekiel55 @ 07/08/08 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliball
And Trent Dilfer was under center when the Ravens won a Super Bowl. Your point is?

Oh wait...Grossman > Fouts

Dilfer = Steve Young
I think you're streching what he's saying a bit.

Grossman started that season, first 8 games or so, as a contender for MVP...obviously we all know he came back down to Earth, but who knows maybe he becomes a serviceable NFL QB. That may sound like a homer comment, but stranger things have happened.

As for Dilfer=Young, c'mon man Steve young couldnt carry Dilfer's jockstrap!
 
# 18 GiantKingNy @ 07/08/08 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillotine 1
Ok, I just had to reply to this. Being a Giants fan you of all people should know how tough it is to win a game vs the Cowboys. The NFC East the most competitive division in football, it has one of the richest histories in terms of playoff appearences and super bowl wins in the entire NFL, and last year three teams from that divison went to the playoffs (two of them went deep).

The raining super bowl champion resides in that division, and they beat the unbeatable all world, all everything NE Patriots in a thriller to do it. I am very proud to be a Dallas Cowboys fan, I love what my team stands for. I love competing with the best the NFL has to offer twice a year, every year. And I can't stand it when other fans in our division let outsiders talk down about it.

The Cowboys brought 5, count them...5 super bowls to the East. No team in the NFL has more, Steelers have just as many, but not more.

I love the E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles, I love the Redskins, & I love the Giants. And above all, most I love my Dallas Cowboys.

The NFC East: Welcome To The Pride!
That all maybe well and true... but your still a Dallas fan, and we loathe you
 
# 19 WDOgF0reL1fe @ 07/08/08 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev5890
haha, IGN doesn't know how to play football video games, and apparently they dont watch football either.
Then what would you call him? A star returner? Im sure everyone wants to be labeled as that... Or a star defensive back? Oh wait... hes not very good at that
 
# 20 ChuckMonts @ 07/08/08 12:34 PM
I find it funny that a Bears fan is mad that simulating made his team 1-15. That team has a questionable oline, An old WR who couldn't cut it in Miami and a Kick Returner with no real WR experience, and A QB who had a great first half of the season (superbowl year) only to fall on his face the rest of his career. RB is in decent shape if the oline can actually block and teams can't just put 8 in the box with a lack of a passing game. A rookie RB from Tulane Forte (I've watched Tulane football and this kid can play. He also started out as a LBer so he is tough), Wolfe, and Peterson should be an upgrade. At TE Greg Olson and Desmond Clark are very good player but once again Rex will need some time in the pocket and will need to actually play well.

I don't think anyone doubts that this D can get it done. I'm not sure if they are where they were on the superbowl year but they are solid and have been drafting well on d for year. CB Bowman might have been one of the steals of the draft. They have lost some players from those great years and have had contract disputes with Briggs and Urlacher who are Keys to the D. The DT next to Harris is a question mark because none have had much time. Safety is another question mark. Manning could be solid here if they stop flip flopping him between there and CB but the other safety will have to step up since it seems like Mike Brown cannot stay healthy (was also a HUGE part in the great defensive years)


Back to the simulation. I was actually impressed by alot of this. I loved that Thomas got MVP when they were talking about how a sack he had was a turning point in the game. Thank god NCAA will be out soon to give me my football fix.
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.