Home
News Post

EA Sports has posted an excel spreadsheet file of the Top 25 teams and their player ratings. You can grab the file on EA Sports' website!

Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 BobBy BowDen @ 06/06/08 04:59 PM
are the ratings the same as the beta copy?
 
# 2 janglar @ 06/06/08 08:06 PM
EA must have visited opposite land when they did the QB's for Oregon. They have Cody Kempt (QB #12) at #1; he was the scrub of the bunch and transferred to Montana State a couple days ago. Either true freshmen Darron Thomas or Chris Harper (QB #9) is at #2; they both are very promising but neither has taken a college snap. Nate Costa (QB #7), the projected starter for 2008, played as a true frosh in '06, runs the spread system the best, would have started for Dixon last year if he hadn't tore his ACL in practice as a redshirt, is at #3 with the weakest stats?!? The depth chart for UO as of 6/6/08 is:
1. Nate Costa #7 (Rso)
2. Justin Roper #11 (Rso)
3. Chris Harper #3 (Fr)
4. Jeremiah Masoli (JC so)
5. Darron Thomas #1 (Fr)
6. Cade Cooper #2 (Jr)

EA has it as:
1. Cody Kempt #12 (Rso) -left team and transferred to Montana St.
2. Harper or Thomas #9 (Fr) -that would be sweet, but 3rd string likely
3. Nate Costa #7 (Rso) -1st stringer 3rd with Pop Warner stats?

The QB position for the Oregon ducks has been on the national radar since 2000 from Harrington to Dixon, so this ain't no homer secret. The ducks have 5 QB's (Cooper isn't on scholarship and most likely will transfer) who all have a realistic shot at starter or back-up. Costa has the skills and early PT for the spread, Roper has played great and lit it up in the Sun Bowl, Harper and Thomas are Dixon clones with pure potential, and Masoli was the top rated JC QB who won a JUCO National Championship.
I guess I'm going to create the frosh QB not in the game and Masoli, pump up Costa's stats to starter stats, and change Cody Kempt to Justin Roper because both are Redshirt sophomores.
 
# 3 rspencer86 @ 06/06/08 08:31 PM
Chase Daniel a 97, Chase Coffman a 95, and Jeremy Maclin a 94. Niiice. Time to light up that scoreboard baby!
 
# 4 ODogg @ 06/06/08 08:55 PM
Terrel Pryor's speed is too low, he is faster than Antonio Henton, not slower.
 
# 5 llahsram @ 06/09/08 10:16 AM
I know Chris Harper was recruited as an athlete, are you sure he isn't one of the two runningbacks listed as #1, or #28?
 
# 6 PaperLantern @ 06/09/08 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by llahsram
I know Chris Harper was recruited as an athlete, are you sure he isn't one of the two runningbacks listed as #1, or #28?
Chris Harper of Oregon?


lol I went to school with him in Kansas. He is better suited as a halfback then he is a QB.
 
# 7 smithc6 @ 06/09/08 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by janglar
EA must have visited opposite land when they did the QB's for Oregon. They have Cody Kempt (QB #12) at #1; he was the scrub of the bunch and transferred to Montana State a couple days ago. Either true freshmen Darron Thomas or Chris Harper (QB #9) is at #2; they both are very promising but neither has taken a college snap. Nate Costa (QB #7), the projected starter for 2008, played as a true frosh in '06, runs the spread system the best, would have started for Dixon last year if he hadn't tore his ACL in practice as a redshirt, is at #3 with the weakest stats?!? The depth chart for UO as of 6/6/08 is:
1. Nate Costa #7 (Rso)
2. Justin Roper #11 (Rso)
3. Chris Harper #3 (Fr)
4. Jeremiah Masoli (JC so)
5. Darron Thomas #1 (Fr)
6. Cade Cooper #2 (Jr)

EA has it as:
1. Cody Kempt #12 (Rso) -left team and transferred to Montana St.
2. Harper or Thomas #9 (Fr) -that would be sweet, but 3rd string likely
3. Nate Costa #7 (Rso) -1st stringer 3rd with Pop Warner stats?

The QB position for the Oregon ducks has been on the national radar since 2000 from Harrington to Dixon, so this ain't no homer secret. The ducks have 5 QB's (Cooper isn't on scholarship and most likely will transfer) who all have a realistic shot at starter or back-up. Costa has the skills and early PT for the spread, Roper has played great and lit it up in the Sun Bowl, Harper and Thomas are Dixon clones with pure potential, and Masoli was the top rated JC QB who won a JUCO National Championship.
I guess I'm going to create the frosh QB not in the game and Masoli, pump up Costa's stats to starter stats, and change Cody Kempt to Justin Roper because both are Redshirt sophomores.
I dont think this will be an issue as I heard you could change the players eligibility year in 09...
 
# 8 Titus001 @ 06/09/08 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Terrel Pryor's speed is too low, he is faster than Antonio Henton, not slower.
I thought the spreadsheet said Pryor is an 87 speed and Henton is 86? Even if Pryor is an 86 I'm sure when we both do our franchise as the bucks his speed will improve for the next season.
 
# 9 VWarrior @ 06/09/08 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus001
I thought the spreadsheet said Pryor is an 87 speed and Henton is 86? Even if Pryor is an 86 I'm sure when we both do our franchise as the bucks his speed will improve for the next season.
Yeah, I was gonna say that. I' sure the game sees him as a 5* with a high ceiling so I fully expect his speed to be somewhere in the low-to-mid 90s by the time he's a Junior.....which is bad news for me if my defensive schemes suck and/or my front seven is slow, especially considering its evident chances are you simply can't get any pressure on the QB.

For all of us having to defend against highly mobile QBs, looks like our only chance is to strategize for containment unless they patch it. What ultimately worries me is having to worry so much about containment while still trying to effectively defend against the pass. The first remedy that comes to my mind is to recruit fast, yet relatively strong LBs.

I've said it before and i'll say it again, with the way team/unit ratings play such a relevant role to a teams probability of winning, now, perhaps more than ever, its vital to recruit well consistently if you wanna win big games.
 
# 10 ODogg @ 06/09/08 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus001
I thought the spreadsheet said Pryor is an 87 speed and Henton is 86? Even if Pryor is an 86 I'm sure when we both do our franchise as the bucks his speed will improve for the next season.

You're right, Pryor's an 87 and Henton's an 86. I read them backwards because I guess I heard from community day that Pryor was second on the depth chart so I just looked at the second QB on there.
 
# 11 K-Dub @ 06/12/08 11:49 AM
I heard a rumor about all players ratings being on a web site .. I can't find the site! Does anyone know if this is real or fake?
 
# 12 dawgsfan24 @ 06/22/08 03:05 PM
Wheres Rennie Curran at? I looked at the linebackers for Georgia and hes not there the only one that could be him is ROLB#37 and thats Akeem Hebron so its not him.
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.