Home
News Post

This week, it's T.J. Cutini (TJdaSportsGuy), Matt Gagnon (mattyg), and Matt Blumenthal (TheLetterZ). The guys talk about the new online features of Madden 09 and NCAA 09. They'll also discuss new information on Tiger Woods 09, the Backbreaker football game coming up, and they even squeeze in some GTA4 talk.

Duration: 66:24 m - Filetype: mp3 - Bitrate: 128 KBPS - Frequency: 44100 HZ

Here's how to get the show:
  • Launch the media player in the upper right hand corner of the top menu bar.
  • Subscribe to the podcast via iTunes by clicking here.
  • Add the show to your favorite RSS aggregator here.
  • Download the MP3 directly here.
If you're listening to the show through iTunes, please leave us a review by following this link.

Here are links to some of the things we mention on the show:

Member Comments
# 1 bronco92 @ 05/04/08 02:17 PM
Streaming over my PC speakers now. Thanks guys.
 
# 2 tehova @ 05/05/08 06:58 AM
I listen to this every week, so add me to the list of regular listeners
 
# 3 TJdaSportsGuy @ 05/05/08 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehova
I listen to this every week, so add me to the list of regular listeners
Sweet! Consider yourself added. Thanks for listening.
 
# 4 Brandwin @ 05/05/08 09:18 AM
I am listening now. I always listen at work. Helps my day go by.
 
# 5 Acid @ 05/05/08 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
No soccer bashing? What's up?
That's because football wasn't mentioned.

We need Dave back on the podcast next week, maybe then we can get some decent football talk. UEFA Euro 2008 comes out on the 19th, talk about it.

Nice work guys, I really enjoyed this podcast.
 
# 6 JohnDoe8865 @ 05/05/08 02:24 PM
Hey TJ count me as a regular listener as well. Just finished this week's (5/4) podcast. TJ, bro - how did you not mention Larry Brown becoming the new Charlotte Bobcats Head Coach? C'mon, give the local team a shoutout. Brown is an NBA HOFer and even has his roots at UNC!! Our guy Chris Paul (Wake Forest baby) needs some more love too, lol.

Great show this week guys, can't wait till we get some more NCAA news to digest!
 
# 7 TheLetterZ @ 05/05/08 02:43 PM
To be fair, we talked about Brown to Charlotte on last week's show.
 
# 8 JohnDoe8865 @ 05/05/08 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterZ
To be fair, we talked about Brown to Charlotte on last week's show.
True, I was just kidding w/ you guys.
 
# 9 eDotd @ 05/05/08 11:14 PM
"You know a lot of people look at that mustache and think something else involving children"

 
# 10 LingeringRegime @ 05/06/08 01:33 AM
In all fairness, I disagree with your take on ESPN NFL 2K5. It was pound-for-pound the best console sports game of all time. I am not a 2K fanboy, nor an EA fanboy, but I am fanboy for realistic sports games. This game had it all, the gameplay, the presentation (which is still second to none), weekly highlights, I could go on and on. The bar was set very high because of this game and because of it many gamers on next-gen systems are still not satisfied with the "next-gen" offerings. Anyway sorry for the rant, but I am a bit disappointed you guys chalk this up to a "cult following." Other than that, it was a great show again. Keep up the good work
 
# 11 TJdaSportsGuy @ 05/06/08 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
No soccer bashing? What's up?
Haha, nahh, never came up this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
I am listening now. I always listen at work. Helps my day go by.
Glad to have you as one of our regular listeners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid
That's because football wasn't mentioned.

We need Dave back on the podcast next week, maybe then we can get some decent football talk. UEFA Euro 2008 comes out on the 19th, talk about it.

Nice work guys, I really enjoyed this podcast.
We'll find...someone...to talk soccer gaming with before the 19th, don't worry. Thanks for the feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
Hey TJ count me as a regular listener as well. Just finished this week's (5/4) podcast. TJ, bro - how did you not mention Larry Brown becoming the new Charlotte Bobcats Head Coach? C'mon, give the local team a shoutout. Brown is an NBA HOFer and even has his roots at UNC!! Our guy Chris Paul (Wake Forest baby) needs some more love too, lol.

Great show this week guys, can't wait till we get some more NCAA news to digest!
Thanks a lot. Like Z said, we talked about Larry Brown to the Cats last week. I'm always afraid to spend too much time talking about my favorite sports teams...because I realize most people don't care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
Great job as always.
Thank you, sir! Now that you're a lawyer, we don't get charged your normal rate for the time it takes you to listen, do we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomentousCeltic
"You know a lot of people look at that mustache and think something else involving children"

LOL, yeah, that was good. I finally got Z to come out of his shell and be his usual smartass self.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TRETCHARUSS
In all fairness, I disagree with your take on ESPN NFL 2K5. It was pound-for-pound the best console sports game of all time. I am not a 2K fanboy, nor an EA fanboy, but I am fanboy for realistic sports games. This game had it all, the gameplay, the presentation (which is still second to none), weekly highlights, I could go on and on. The bar was set very high because of this game and because of it many gamers on next-gen systems are still not satisfied with the "next-gen" offerings. Anyway sorry for the rant, but I am a bit disappointed you guys chalk this up to a "cult following." Other than that, it was a great show again. Keep up the good work
Thanks for the note. We'll address your comments on next week's show. I really have to disagree with you though, reason being that I'm friends with a lot of casual gamers and hardly any of them even remember that there was another NFL game other than Madden. That game might've meant a lot to you and other 2K fans, but in the grand scheme of things, many casual sports gamers never even played it.
 
# 12 BlyGilmore @ 05/06/08 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid
That's because football wasn't mentioned.

We need Dave back on the podcast next week, maybe then we can get some decent football talk. UEFA Euro 2008 comes out on the 19th, talk about it.

Nice work guys, I really enjoyed this podcast.
Ah! My fans speak! YES!

i'm hoping to be on this weekend. I coach baseball in the spring and we had a Noon game on Sunday (which ended up getting washed out), so I wasn't able to attend.

But not really a lot more Euro to talk about until we get our hands on the game. We did discuss the demo a few podcasts ago.
 
# 13 Brandwin @ 05/06/08 09:03 AM
Enjoyed it like always fellas.
 
# 14 BlyGilmore @ 05/06/08 10:27 AM
Hey TJ you hit about an 8.5 on the cheese-o-meter with that tarzan comment. It almost ruined the brownie points you got for fading out with Weezer in the background ...
 
# 15 LingeringRegime @ 05/06/08 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Thanks for the note. We'll address your comments on next week's show. I really have to disagree with you though, reason being that I'm friends with a lot of casual gamers and hardly any of them even remember that there was another NFL game other than Madden. That game might've meant a lot to you and other 2K fans, but in the grand scheme of things, many casual sports gamers never even played it.
That's cool man. I guess that is the difference between the casual gamer and more "sim based" gamer. I hope that this years Madden will make me forget about 2K5.
 
# 16 TJdaSportsGuy @ 05/06/08 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRETCHARUSS
That's cool man. I guess that is the difference between the casual gamer and more "sim based" gamer. I hope that this years Madden will make me forget about 2K5.
Alright...I have to ask. You live in the Pacific Northwest yet you're a Panthers, Bobcats, and Tar Heel fan. What gives?
 
# 17 TJdaSportsGuy @ 05/06/08 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlyGilmore
Hey TJ you hit about an 8.5 on the cheese-o-meter with that tarzan comment. It almost ruined the brownie points you got for fading out with Weezer in the background ...
All great broadcasters need a sign off. I'm still looking for mine. Cutini...OUT! is taken already.
 
# 18 Acid @ 05/06/08 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
All great broadcasters need a sign off. I'm still looking for mine. Cutini...OUT! is taken already.
So then why do you need a sign off?
 
# 19 TJdaSportsGuy @ 05/06/08 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid
So then why do you need a sign off?
You missed my point. That's WHY I'm still looking...
 
# 20 Acid @ 05/06/08 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
You could always go with **** you San Diego.
You could at least get the quote right.

"Go **** yourself, San Diego."
 

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.