Home
Madden 09 News Post

EA has just posted their first Madden NFL 09 Producer Blog.

Quote:
"This might be my favorite part of the job! Every year you guys find some of the most innovative ways to take advantage of our AI. Working on CG I thought of myself as a deputy of shenanigans, helping to fix everything from nano-blitzes to online disconnection cheats. And rest assured that this year will be no different! Let’s take a look at a few of the tricks we have already fixed this year:

-3 Man Front Nano- and other nano’ s of course
-Double Pass and HB Pass Plays
-Onside Kick Exploits
-Jump Catching and Spectacular Catch Exploits
-Online Disconnection Glitches- including the automotion offsides bug"

Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jayz200505 @ 04/10/08 07:53 PM
it's funny how some people read stuff and they only point out the negative, there is a lot of positive points to look forward to from that entry
 
# 2 marshallfever @ 04/10/08 08:07 PM
When he says CG, does he mean Gamecube? There was nothing in that that really blew me away. However he did say to watch out for the offical announcement which should give us more info.

His comment on us directly effecting the out-come or content in the game (i think he wrote that) sounds very intriguing.
 
# 3 mdgoalie37 @ 04/10/08 08:12 PM
I'm pretty sure this same exact post was written last year. Or the year before that. Is there any year that it not the 'best madden ever?'
 
# 4 Sausage @ 04/10/08 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallfever
When he says CG, does he mean Gamecube? There was nothing in that that really blew me away. However he did say to watch out for the offical announcement which should give us more info.

His comment on us directly effecting the out-come or content in the game (i think he wrote that) sounds very intriguing.
CG=current gen, NG=next gen. I don't have no opinion on the supposed improvements. I just have to rent and play it myself. Peace.
 
# 5 therizing02 @ 04/11/08 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgoalie37
I'm pretty sure this same exact post was written last year. Or the year before that. Is there any year that it not the 'best madden ever?'
That's what I was thinking.
 
# 6 ryanh04 @ 04/11/08 01:15 AM
I'm not really getting excited because everyone knows EA will find a way to disappoint us anyways.. What about the franchises that never really got fixed with the 2 patches is that fixed??

~DK~
 
# 7 countryboy @ 04/11/08 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgoalie37
I'm pretty sure this same exact post was written last year. Or the year before that. Is there any year that it not the 'best madden ever?'
what is he supposed to say???
 
# 8 countryboy @ 04/11/08 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
Not one of those fixes mean diddly-squat to me ... sounds like he's only dealing with online issues. I don't use "cheats" when I play .... just give us simmers a quality FRANCHISE MODE with QUALITY GAMEPLAY!!!
ummmm....the online things were just a quick reference as to some of the glitches that are being worked on. He also mentioned things that are being worked on that users could do to "exploit" the AI.

And they have not even begun to list the new features/new fixes for this year's upcoming Madden.
 
# 9 countryboy @ 04/11/08 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanh04
I'm not really getting excited because everyone knows EA will find a way to disappoint us anyways.. What about the franchises that never really got fixed with the 2 patches is that fixed??

~DK~
well if that is your mindset going in, then you should have no reason to be disappointed in this year's game, since its going to happen.
 
# 10 Nza @ 04/12/08 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
what is he supposed to say???
He's supposed to say what he said. That isn't the point though - no one is knocking him personally. Just the relevance and significance of saying it. We hear it each and every year, and it tends to lose its effectiveness when it fails to ring true time and time again.
 
# 11 eDotd @ 04/12/08 05:44 AM
Quote:
Well allow me to break the silence and assure everyone that the development team here at Tiburon has been hard at work making what I think is shaping up to be the best Madden EVER.


Quote:
I feel like we are past the transitional challenges and ups-and-downs that we experienced in the early years of Next Gen,


Quote:
We’ve been quiet for a reason- we think this is going to be a VERY special year for the Madden franchise, not just because it is the 20th Anniversary but also because the game is looking awesome!
 
# 12 DocHolliday @ 04/12/08 07:28 AM
I feel like I have read that before.

Same Ole same Ole. We will have to wait and see till the game DROPS. u never know. I thought madden looked promising last year when they showed off the Oline blocking stuff.

It still sucked balls
 
# 13 Rules @ 04/12/08 07:57 AM
I'm not going to get all excited this year for Madden. I'm really do think they are dumbing the game down to appeal to the people who don't even know what football is. Hardcore gamers are a small portion in the grand scheme of things so welcome to blitz EA style. Thinking back, did their street football or sports franchise bring in many gamers with their pick up and play features? Just wondering since we are the few who really ask for realism.
 
# 14 Nza @ 04/12/08 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
I'm not going to get all excited this year for Madden. I'm really do think they are dumbing the game down to appeal to the people who don't even know what football is. Hardcore gamers are a small portion in the grand scheme of things so welcome to blitz EA style. Thinking back, did their street football or sports franchise bring in many gamers with their pick up and play features? Just wondering since we are the few who really ask for realism.
Not sure how popular Street was, but it's no longer being made I think (could be wrong). So it makes sense for EA to bring some of its qualities to Madden.

I don't think it's a huge deal providing EA separate the two successfully. Not sure if anyone else remembers this, but Madden did use to have an Arcade mode. I distinctly remember a power-bomb style tackle and other crazy moves. I think it was Madden 2001. Maybe it was just the PC version.
 
# 15 countryboy @ 04/12/08 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
c-boy,
Neither one of your posts add anything to this discussion while both of ours are trying to make the point that FRANCHISE MODE needs to be a priority of EA's ... not just the little cheat glitches! I have not seen any one of those glitches he mentioned during any of the games I have been a part of. I would however be very excited to hear him talk about the vast improvements they intend to make to franchise mode, so that we can once again have a franchise mode reminiscent of the 04/05' years.
first of all, thank you for monitoring my posts.


Second, again, he was only giving examples of what they have/were fixed/fixing. They have yet, to announce all of the new features and what aspects of the game have been improved.

Does that add something to the discussion?
 
# 16 countryboy @ 04/12/08 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
He's supposed to say what he said. That isn't the point though - no one is knocking him personally. Just the relevance and significance of saying it. We hear it each and every year, and it tends to lose its effectiveness when it fails to ring true time and time again.
doesn't every game company do the same exact thing?
 
# 17 Nza @ 04/12/08 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
doesn't every game company do the same exact thing?
Probably, but what has that got to do with it? I don't think anyone's claiming EA are the sole offenders, it's just people pointing out they've heard it all before. I don't think it warrants reading into honestly, because they're 100% right - we have heard it before. I'm not sure anyone is criticizing EA for the practice necessarily, they're just putting these statements and apparent excitement from an EA rep into perspective.
 
# 18 countryboy @ 04/12/08 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
Probably, but what has that got to do with it? I don't think anyone's claiming EA are the sole offenders, it's just people pointing out they've heard it all before. I don't think it warrants reading into honestly, because they're 100% right - we have heard it before. I'm not sure anyone is criticizing EA for the practice necessarily, they're just putting these statements and apparent excitement from an EA rep into perspective.
I agree that we've heard it all before, but again that is what the man is supposed to do. It happens with every game company and thats the way it should be.

And I disagree, people will criticize EA for anything.
 
# 19 Rules @ 04/12/08 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
Not sure how popular Street was, but it's no longer being made I think (could be wrong). So it makes sense for EA to bring some of its qualities to Madden.

I don't think it's a huge deal providing EA separate the two successfully. Not sure if anyone else remembers this, but Madden did use to have an Arcade mode. I distinctly remember a power-bomb style tackle and other crazy moves. I think it was Madden 2001. Maybe it was just the PC version.

I think you might be right. I just read a preview of Nascar 09 and EA is doing the same thing trying to appeal to both the hardcore and casual gamers. It sounds like it might just work and if they do the same with Madden, then we should be okay for as long as we still have our hardcore side. I don't know, I will keep my eye on it and see how it develops. Like every year, I get the game, like it for about a week and then get bored. Here is to hoping that like every year, Madden lives up to the hype.
 
# 20 DLaren @ 04/13/08 01:46 PM
Quote:
I feel like we are past the transitional challenges and ups-and-downs that we experienced in the early years of Next Gen.

I see this statement as the highlight of the blog because by saying this he is effectively removing the crutch that Tiburon has leaned on for the last few years...

Now that they're no longer using the complexity of the hardware as an excuse for making sub-par games, I think that may be a sign that they have finally tapped into the potential of the next-gen systems; which could lead to a quality, next-gen Madden experience.
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.