Home
News Post

This week, T.J. Cutini (TJdaSportsGuy) was joined by Waiver Wire regular Matt Gagnon (mattyg) and Waiver Wire newbie Dave Branda (BlyGilmore). The guys talked about the announcement of Madden 09 Collector's Edition, the new features of NCAA 09, and the elusive MLB2K8 patch. And in the spirit of Final Four week, T.J., Matt, and Dave shared their thoughts on their favorite college basketball video game of all time.

Duration: 69:35 m - Filetype: mp3 - Bitrate: 128 KBPS - Frequency: 44100 HZ

Here's how to get the show:
  • Launch the media player in the upper right hand corner of the top menu bar.
  • Subscribe to the podcast via iTunes by clicking here.
  • Add the show to your favorite RSS aggregator here.
  • Download the MP3 directly here.
If you're listening to the show through iTunes, please leave us a review by following this link.

Here are links to some of the things we mention on the show:

Member Comments
# 1 bronco92 @ 04/03/08 05:30 AM
Will download this to my ipod right away
 
# 2 aukevin @ 04/03/08 08:50 AM
Awesome, I love listening to these things. So how do you guys get together for this stuff? Video conferencing?
 
# 3 TJdaSportsGuy @ 04/03/08 09:24 AM
Thanks for the kind words, Kevin. We record it using Skype. It's not perfect as you can tell, we do have some minor audio glitches, but it does the trick for the most part.
 
# 4 BlyGilmore @ 04/03/08 10:07 AM
this would be my first time on a podcast so please be gentle ;-)
 
# 5 mgoblue @ 04/03/08 12:04 PM
Halfway through, but good stuff!
 
# 6 aukevin @ 04/03/08 12:36 PM
Just finished with this week's show. Good info in there. I have not been visiting the NCAA football forum, so I didn't know about the new features previewed. That's cool.

Also TJ, I never even heard of College Slam, but I loved NBA Jam, one of my all-time favs. Do you know if the Playstation version is pretty much the same version as the one you used to play? If so, I might pick it up real cheap off ebay since the PS3 will play it. Even better if the Wii would get it for the virtual console.

Another week where you guys didn't mention Hot Shots Golf... shame. I guess none of you guys have this game? It's a good one, you should give it a try.
 
# 7 TJdaSportsGuy @ 04/03/08 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
Another week where you guys didn't mention Hot Shots Golf... shame. I guess none of you guys have this game? It's a good one, you should give it a try.
Since you asked, I'll see what I can do about picking this up this week. If GameFly moves quickly enough, I'll share my thoughts on it next week.
 
# 8 bronco92 @ 04/03/08 01:03 PM
TJ... do itunes supply any stats on how many ppl have download the show?
 
# 9 boomhauertjs @ 04/03/08 01:20 PM
Listening to the Tribe game right now, so I'm going to save this for tomorrow. Nothing helps get through a Friday like the Waiver Wire podcast.
 
# 10 ChaseB @ 04/03/08 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
Just finished with this week's show. Good info in there. I have not been visiting the NCAA football forum, so I didn't know about the new features previewed. That's cool.

Also TJ, I never even heard of College Slam, but I loved NBA Jam, one of my all-time favs. Do you know if the Playstation version is pretty much the same version as the one you used to play? If so, I might pick it up real cheap off ebay since the PS3 will play it. Even better if the Wii would get it for the virtual console.

Another week where you guys didn't mention Hot Shots Golf... shame. I guess none of you guys have this game? It's a good one, you should give it a try.
I have it I just wasn't on the show this week.
 
# 11 BlyGilmore @ 04/03/08 01:46 PM
it was six listeners. my mommy now listens too ...
 
# 12 TJdaSportsGuy @ 04/03/08 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco92
TJ... do itunes supply any stats on how many ppl have download the show?
I'm looking into that. If anyone who reads this has any idea, please let me know.
 
# 13 eDotd @ 04/03/08 10:54 PM
With the discussion of PC sports games I'm surprised none of you are playing Goalline Blitz (or maybe one of you are and just didn't mention it). It's a cool football MMORPG, you should defintely check it out.

www.goallineblitz.com (not a refferal link..lol)
 
# 14 ChaseB @ 04/03/08 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
I'm looking into that. If anyone who reads this has any idea, please let me know.
iTunes does do stats, not sure where they are located though. I believe it goes by Subscribers as well as DLs.
 
# 15 BlyGilmore @ 04/04/08 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomentousCeltic
With the discussion of PC sports games I'm surprised none of you are playing Goalline Blitz (or maybe one of you are and just didn't mention it). It's a cool football MMORPG, you should defintely check it out.

www.goallineblitz.com (not a refferal link..lol)
i'm actually playing it. pretty cool game that seems to be very popular (considering you can't buy any teams right now because they're all taken). not really sure if that's a "pc" game as much as its an internet game.
 
# 16 aukevin @ 04/04/08 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
  • Add the show to your favorite RSS aggregator here.
I have the Waiver Wire added to my RSS list in Firefox and it showed a new Waiver Wire show yesterday just fine, and the page it takes me to when I click the link for the new show worked too. But on the page there is a download link for the show that doesn't work. It downloads an empty mp3 file. The streaming play button for the show did work, just not the download link if any of that makes sense. I don't know what control you guys have over that.
 
# 17 MNOFSTEEL34 @ 04/05/08 06:14 AM
where is this real time addition TJ mentioned

the thing that pops up when a new message is posted...
 
# 18 TJdaSportsGuy @ 04/05/08 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
I have the Waiver Wire added to my RSS list in Firefox and it showed a new Waiver Wire show yesterday just fine, and the page it takes me to when I click the link for the new show worked too. But on the page there is a download link for the show that doesn't work. It downloads an empty mp3 file. The streaming play button for the show did work, just not the download link if any of that makes sense. I don't know what control you guys have over that.
Yeah, I'm not sure what the deal with that is. I don't know much at all about RSS feeds. I'll do some investigating to see if I can find a problem with our feed though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNOFSTEEL34
where is this real time addition TJ mentioned

the thing that pops up when a new message is posted...
It's up at the top, under "Quick Links".
 
# 19 aukevin @ 04/11/08 11:00 AM
no waiver wire this week?
 
# 20 thmst30 @ 04/12/08 04:18 PM
Yea I've checked every day hoping for a new waiver wire. You guys have me addicted. So will there be one this week?
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.