Home
Madden 09 News Post

Hmmm... If not Madden, who will it be? SportsWrap has a few in mind, who would you like to hear in Madden 09?

Quote:
"Speculation is sure to run rampant over who these “biggest names in the business” are who will be lending their voices to the Madden franchise. Awful Announcing has already thrown out several predictable possibilities: Aikman and Buck. Simms and Nantz. Kornheiser, Tirico and Jaworski."

Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 DJ @ 03/27/08 10:16 AM
My guess is we will see the Monday Night Football crew.

I think Buck and Aikman would be good for the game, though.
 
# 2 cjallure24 @ 03/27/08 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
My guess is we will see the Monday Night Football crew.

I think Buck and Aikman would be good for the game, though.
I agree,Aikman and Buck would be perfect.I would also settle for Moose and and Dick Stockton......
 
# 3 Rocky @ 03/27/08 11:48 AM
EA isn't getting ANY credit for this from me unless the commentary is out of this world. I would've like Madden and Michaels the best, but obviously he isn't going to give the game his full attention.
 
# 4 djordan @ 03/27/08 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
EA isn't getting ANY credit for this from me unless the commentary is out of this world. I would've like Madden and Michaels the best, but obviously he isn't going to give the game his full attention.
People will still complain 1 week later on how it is repetitive.
 
# 5 statum71 @ 03/27/08 11:54 AM
Totally disagree with him about turning the announcers off. So what they repeat phrases. These aren't real people, they're recorded so its only so much they're gonna say. But the commentary adds to the realism. I for one am thrilled that its back. EVERY other sports game has it
 
# 6 Eski33 @ 03/27/08 11:56 AM
Dick Enberg and Merlin Olsen.

Or, Thiesmann and Mike Patrick.

Anyone but Tony Kornheiser......
 
# 7 Eski33 @ 03/27/08 11:59 AM
Of course, I hope Madden 09 is the first sports game in history to utilize multiple broadcast teams.
 
# 8 KC Fire @ 03/27/08 12:48 PM
I just hope Phil Simms isn't one of them. I can't stand his constant references he always makes to his playing career.
 
# 9 BrianFifaFan @ 03/27/08 01:25 PM
I'm guessing MNF crew. Why would they hire Fox guys? Maybe the NFL network crew.
 
# 10 mvb34 @ 03/27/08 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankingsfan
I'm guessing MNF crew. Why would they hire Fox guys? Maybe the NFL network crew.
They had Fox guys before on Madden..
 
# 11 bkfount @ 03/27/08 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
They had Fox guys before on Madden..
that's because it was madden's game. Now they have an exclusive agreement with ESPN and the NFL. They have no reason to go out and spend more money for FOX broadcasters when they have all the ESPN and NF Network guys under license.
 
# 12 EWRMETS @ 03/27/08 02:47 PM
This is great. The radio announcer is the worst part of Madden Next Gen. With an entirely new commentating team, there's indication that EA worked on presentation. This, not gameplay, was the biggest flaw of Madden last year.
 
# 13 mercalnd @ 03/28/08 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
that's because it was madden's game. Now they have an exclusive agreement with ESPN and the NFL. They have no reason to go out and spend more money for FOX broadcasters when they have all the ESPN and NF Network guys under license.
I agree that it's unlikely they would go out of their owned licenses but I'm pretty sure they'll have to pay whoever they decide to use. Just because you have an ESPN license doesn't mean ESPN guys will work for you at no extra cost.
 
# 14 bkfount @ 03/28/08 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
I agree that it's unlikely they would go out of their owned licenses but I'm pretty sure they'll have to pay whoever they decide to use. Just because you have an ESPN license doesn't mean ESPN guys will work for you at no extra cost.
yes, but they already have a working relationship with the ESPN or NFL Network guys because of their exclusive license. It makes no sense to go outside of those if they choose to use personalities.
 
# 15 slim_pickens @ 03/28/08 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo
how about they make the game not suck and actually FIX the gameplay issues that have been there for YEARS. That should be the first priority.

I'll laugh if they have the MNF crew doing the games. It'd fit in with that POS franchise.


Cosign! Who cares fix the gameplay...
 
# 16 DIEHARD STEELERS #1 @ 03/28/08 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
I really think it will be the MNF crew. ESPN has to start demanding something from their EA deal at some point.
Yo Massnole please tell me whos the chick coming out of the pool in your avatar? Shes too hot.
 
# 17 PlayaHataSupreme @ 03/28/08 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
People will still complain 1 week later on how it is repetitive.
Honestly, I wouldn't even trip if it was as deep as the NCAA game (even though that game has used the same lines for some time now but it's still not that repetitive)

Just hope they are still down with the cause of saying current college players' names (i.e. Tebow)............ Al Michaels in his 1st year said college players names, I don't know why, I just think it's really cool for some reason.
 
# 18 Furq @ 03/29/08 03:53 PM
I honestly would prefer John Madden be the announcer as long as they add more commentary than they had him say in the old versions. Anything is an upgrade from the radio guy at this point
 
# 19 therizing02 @ 03/29/08 05:58 PM
the announcing/PBP has been horrible for years in this game. Madden and Michaels were repetitive and boring.

Find two no names that have all the time in the world to record 1000s of line of commentary like Dan and Peter and the problem will be solved.
 
# 20 eDotd @ 03/31/08 07:25 PM
They should use Joe Theisman and Jimmy Kimmel.
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.