Home
News Post

Could EA have some competition? According to News-Leader, they certainly do.
"Take-Two Interactive Software Inc., maker of the "Grand Theft Auto" video game series, said Thursday that other companies are interested in buying it, but Take Two has not received any formal offers and is not negotiating a merger with anyone."

Member Comments
# 1 bkfount @ 02/29/08 07:57 AM
a blatant negotiating tactic. The execs already arranged things to benefit from a buyout. EA is offering more than even Activision said they were considering.

I doubt EA strikes out on this.
 
# 2 allBthere @ 02/29/08 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
a blatant negotiating tactic. The execs already arranged things to benefit from a buyout. EA is offering more than even Activision said they were considering.

I doubt EA strikes out on this.
Well as I said in another thread, this EA buyout is NOT a 'done deal'. They can't just put an order in for 2 billion dollars at $27 a share and just magically get it. There may not be a deal this year at all.

If they do get acquired, I would rather activision do it.
 
# 3 Artman22 @ 02/29/08 12:58 PM
I rather anybody but EA gets them. I don't want EA owning all sports games ever. I wish if ttwo decides to sell that they sell to a different company. The day EA makes all sports games, that day the sports gaming world is ruined.
 
# 4 bkfount @ 02/29/08 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
Well as I said in another thread, this EA buyout is NOT a 'done deal'. They can't just put an order in for 2 billion dollars at $27 a share and just magically get it. There may not be a deal this year at all.

If they do get acquired, I would rather activision do it.
well EA has said that they have been talking on and off with TT for at least a year. Take Two management also just recently arranged contracts to benefit their wallets even more from a buyout. Now they say they have secret bidders, that's like on page one of the How To Negotiate handbook.

EA values TT more than Activision, or anyone really. People think, or hope, that TT is holding out to prevent the evil takeover, but they are just playing the negotiating game for more money.
 
# 5 Vast @ 02/29/08 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
I bet its MS. I read in a few places that they want to get back into the sports business. Getting 2k would be huge.
i would love microsoft forever if they save us from EA hell!!!!!
 
# 6 bkfount @ 02/29/08 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
I bet its MS. I read in a few places that they want to get back into the sports business. Getting 2k would be huge.
MS got out of sports games because of EA in the first place. The NFL license is already gone too, so there's no point in hoping to jump back in for a 360 exclusive NFL game. I don't really see why MS would do it now.

If anything, they'd like to keep GTA over on their side, since they did pay tons of money for exclusive content.
 
# 7 Steelersfan85 @ 02/29/08 06:21 PM
It wouldn't be as much as getting back in to sports games as it would to improve sales. It would make all Ea haters buy a 360 and it would improve sales with GTA being exclusive(besides GTA4) I just hope that anyone but EA buys them.
 
# 8 texbuk84 @ 02/29/08 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
i would love microsoft forever if they save us from EA hell!!!!!

amen to that brotha amen
 
# 9 DLaren @ 02/29/08 07:34 PM
Whoever buys them, I just hope that they allow each studio to continue doing what they do. I'm not really rooting for anyone in particular (I'd rather no one bought them), because either way a lot of my favorite franchises (GTA, Civilization, 2Ksports, Dungeon Siege) are going to be under new management; and I really don't want to see the cancelation of the lesser-known games that I'm looking forward to (2K's Prizefighter) or the alteration of games that I already enjoy.
 
# 10 DrJones @ 03/01/08 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
a blatant negotiating tactic. The execs already arranged things to benefit from a buyout. EA is offering more than even Activision said they were considering.

I doubt EA strikes out on this.
Me neither.
 
# 11 aenggeorge @ 03/01/08 02:59 PM
if microsft does step in then we have nba inside drive(ok game) and nfl fever(maybe an ok ) but heck its with the 2k engine so who knows it might have promise! it will defitly make sense for top spinans though!
 
# 12 madden_killa @ 03/01/08 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
If they loved them so much then why did MS get the exclusive content and not Sony?
very good point! i jus hate ea!!!!!!
 
# 13 mercalnd @ 03/03/08 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aenggeorge
if microsft does step in then we have nba inside drive(ok game) and nfl fever(maybe an ok ) but heck its with the 2k engine so who knows it might have promise! it will defitly make sense for top spinans though!
Microsoft would not be able to put out an NFL game.
 
# 14 ForeverYoung @ 03/03/08 12:56 PM
I don't know. After the 360 hardware disaster and all the studios they sold/let go it looks more like that MS slowly tries to get out of the console business.
 
# 15 BledsoeHoF @ 03/03/08 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
If they loved them so much then why did MS get the exclusive content and not Sony?
Isnt GTA4 on both consoles? Or do you mean something different?
 
# 16 t216 @ 03/07/08 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwil5050
amen to that brotha amen
I'm with you..
 
# 17 bkfount @ 03/07/08 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BledsoeHoF
Isnt GTA4 on both consoles? Or do you mean something different?
the 360 version of GTA4 got exclusive episodic content, that MS paid very heavily for. The ps3 version could, and probably will, still get DLC, but I'm sure the 360 version will get it as well. MS just paid out the *** for exclusive content. No big deal, only affects the purchasing of the game for people that have both consoles.
 
# 18 cjkool69 @ 03/08/08 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
the 360 version of GTA4 got exclusive episodic content, that MS paid very heavily for. The ps3 version could, and probably will, still get DLC, but I'm sure the 360 version will get it as well. MS just paid out the *** for exclusive content. No big deal, only affects the purchasing of the game for people that have both consoles.
Dont believe that episodic content will be free for download. Microsoft will get that money back one way or another.


Also there are rumors that Sony is looking to acquire a big studio too. Sony could be that secret bidder that TT is talking about.

http://www.gameguru.in/features/2008...101-and-facts/
 
# 19 BledsoeHoF @ 03/08/08 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
the 360 version of GTA4 got exclusive episodic content, that MS paid very heavily for. The ps3 version could, and probably will, still get DLC, but I'm sure the 360 version will get it as well. MS just paid out the *** for exclusive content. No big deal, only affects the purchasing of the game for people that have both consoles.
Ahh. I didnt know that. I never liked GTA anyway...
 
# 20 BledsoeHoF @ 03/08/08 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjkool69
Dont believe that episodic content will be free for download. Microsoft will get that money back one way or another.


Also there are rumors that Sony is looking to acquire a big studio too. Sony could be that secret bidder that TT is talking about.

http://www.gameguru.in/features/2008...101-and-facts/
That wouldnt be toooo bad.. We all know Sony needs major help on their basketball game and who knows.. If they did get TT then maybe they would revive that Football RPG game they had in the works awhile ago. That looked very interesting.
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.