Home
News Post

GameSpot has posted their NFL Head Coach 09 video preview.

Game: NFL Head Coach 09Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 63 - View All
NFL Head Coach 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Flyermania @ 02/29/08 09:29 AM
This game looks very interesting...hopefully it will be a vast improvement over the original. Thanks for the link!
 
# 2 WDOgF0reL1fe @ 02/29/08 03:01 PM
I cant wait for this game. Im excited for the potential this game has
 
# 3 A.M. Son @ 02/29/08 05:12 PM
Yeah it looks much better than the previous attempt. I wonder how long it will be before they combine the Madden/ HC teams and make one "super game"? I know they said the code was independent of Madden, but wouldn't it be cool to have this functionality built into Madden?!!
 
# 4 JBucc @ 02/29/08 08:08 PM
The Fall???? I hope he meant summer.
 
# 5 DLaren @ 02/29/08 08:17 PM
I'm thinking that the "Q4 2008" release date that they're showing is incorrect. I can't see EA releasing this game after NCAA & Madden are on the shelves.

I'd expect it to be out no later than June and hopefully as early as late-April.
 
# 6 Kanobi @ 02/29/08 08:47 PM
At 2:58, there appears to be proof of AI sliders and other game setting options
 
# 7 bcruise @ 03/01/08 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanobi
At 2:58, there appears to be proof of AI sliders and other game setting options
Man, I NEVER would have noticed that by myself...nice find. Hopefully it stays that way - it's still in development.
 
# 8 Altimus @ 03/01/08 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyMac910
Damn, I thought this was coming out in April!
Q4 2008.

Think it would be best if this game out before Madden did during the off season with FA and drafting and all that.
 
# 9 SPTO @ 03/02/08 12:08 AM
The game looks pretty good from what little we saw. I wonder if this time we'll have more control of creating our own playbooks?
 
# 10 Steelerfan2k1 @ 03/02/08 12:33 PM
Day one purchase for me. Did you see how they already had real college players in the draft?

That suggests to me that we will be able to import draft classes from NCAA (otherwise, someone would have had to have gone in and edited everything).

If that is the case, this is going to be a fabulous game.

The only thing is that I hope they change the draft classes in Madden/NCAA, as there aren't enough players at all of the positions.
 
# 11 Kanobi @ 03/02/08 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerfan2k1
Did you see how they already had real college players in the draft?

That suggests to me that we will be able to import draft classes from NCAA (otherwise, someone would have had to have gone in and edited everything).
That's how it was in the original NFLHC where the first draft class had real-life prospects but all the following drafts featured preset, built-in classes with fictional players. I expect it'll be the same in HC '09.
 
# 12 Kanobi @ 03/02/08 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elifelldown
that kind of sucks...how hard would it be to let us import classes from NCAA 09?
Importable Draft Clases might be in. I haven't read anything that has confirmed whether it's in or out. However, I do think the potential for bugs/glitches would be extremely high. Maybe Atheris (if he's still around...haven't seen him post in awhile) could elaborate since he worked on the original.
 
# 13 Sef0r @ 03/02/08 06:30 PM
Considering there is going to be in season scouting I think they would want you to import your draft class before you start each season.

If they allow this it would be slighty unfair on the CPU teams you play against. Fact is, the imported draft class will remain static and since you know how everyone's season went and their final rating...you get the advantage so you know who to scout during the season.

I do not think they will allow for this, I think it will be CPU generated, which I think they pointed to in the IGN first preview.
 
# 14 Kanobi @ 03/02/08 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sef0r
Considering there is going to be in season scouting I think they would want you to import your draft class before you start each season.

If they allow this it would be slighty unfair on the CPU teams you play against. Fact is, the imported draft class will remain static and since you know how everyone's season went and their final rating...you get the advantage so you know who to scout during the season.

I do not think they will allow for this, I think it will be CPU generated, which I think they pointed to in the IGN first preview.

Good points. It'd also defeat the purpose and impact of the GM's ratings, mock drafts, and any scouting advice you might otherwise need from assistants. There would be no reason to even prepare for the draft other than positioning through trades to ensure you get the guy(s) you want.
 
# 15 georgiafan @ 03/10/08 09:28 AM
The trading of future picks is also nice

On a small note Flacco is listed at 6'2
 
# 16 CM Hooe @ 03/10/08 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
The game looks pretty good from what little we saw. I wonder if this time we'll have more control of creating our own playbooks?
If you watch the game screen closely during the video, at one point (I forget exactly when), I did see an option for "Play Creator"...
 
# 17 Sef0r @ 03/10/08 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
If you watch the game screen closely during the video, at one point (I forget exactly when), I did see an option for "Play Creator"...
You are not blind my friend, you are not blind
 
# 18 thegoons21 @ 03/11/08 12:34 AM
Hoping for online multiplayer franchises.......

I didn't want to want this game but I'll bite and follow. If it's anything like the Football(soccer) Manager games or OOTP Baseball I might be gettting it. As long as they don't botch the sim engine.
 
# 19 MachoMyers @ 03/11/08 01:56 AM
No PC eh? Thats brutal.
 
# 20 LBzrule @ 03/11/08 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoons21
Hoping for online multiplayer franchises.......
.
Don't know about Head Coach but I'm pretty sure Madden and NCAA (online dynasty, but with limited about of teams) will have it this year, unless they didn't/don't have time to finish it.
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.