Trying to get over this sick stuff. It's coming along...I think I'll be fine by tomorrow.

I was playing a little Crysis last night and man, that game is a hog. I have to turn it down to medium settings just to get a decent frame rate. I'm getting almost 30 FPS now, using DX 9, instead of DX 10.

• QOTD: Do all of your PC games run at a decent frame rate or is it time for an upgrade?

Yeagerbomb (30), Esoj (24)

Member Comments
# 1 ExtremeGamer @ 12/13/07 06:30 AM
QOTD - I haven't played a PC game in years, really have no interest to. Considering my PC nor my laptop could play EA GameShow, I'm guessing it would be time for an upgrade. LOL
# 2 MachoMyers @ 12/13/07 07:02 AM
QOTD: I have a bare bones Dell laptop for the net and school. I can play Blizzard games sports text sims so thats all I really need. Otherwise I would definately need to upgrade.
# 3 boomhauertjs @ 12/13/07 07:43 AM
Still fighting my cold. After 3 nights in a row of yelling at middle school kids, my voice is pretty much gone (and 1 more practice tonight).

QOTD: Don't really use PC for gaming much (except a little HH 2004 earlier this year). Neither can handle anything worth playing.
# 4 shon @ 12/13/07 08:27 AM
Well I guess I am in the minority but probably moving to the majority.

I recently, 3 months ago, updated my PC and monitor. I am playing through Crysis and I have to turn some stuff to medium but can run some on high. I am finding now though that if a game comes out on 360 and PC get the 360 version just so I can sit in my recliner and all that goes with that.

I started with PC's so I probably will always want to upgrade and probably will.
# 5 Pete1210 @ 12/13/07 01:04 PM
QOTD: It plays the old games I own just fine. But if I wanted to play something current, I'd need an upgrade. I prefer gaming on the console now that the graphics are sharper, so I don't think I'll be upgrading till my PC dies.
# 6 MattG @ 12/13/07 08:13 PM
PC games I still play. I updated my computer so everything still runs nice.

- Medieval Total War II
- Sim City 4...yes I still play this game
- Company of Heroes
- Supreme Commander

All though I wouldn't mind a nice new PC for Christmas!