Oh well, the truck won't be ready until tomorrow, so I get to rag out this loaner, I mean uh, drive this loaner for another day or so.

Dude, I got a Dell. Yup, my Dell arrived yesterday and I have been trying to setup everything in Vista. Other than my Treo not syncing right, I'd have to say the computer is a beast.

• QOTD: When was the last time you upgraded your PC?

Muzeman (33), cuppylove (28), corks895 (20), Thrasha (20), roonoc (18)

Member Comments
# 1 luv_mist @ 11/20/07 09:41 AM
Updated to Vista during the summer. Got something affordable basically and I plan on upgrading later. I like Vista except for the annoying User Account Control, but I shut that off. I'm looking forward to upgrading to a faster motherboard which allows me more room to tinker. Not really a needed OS over XP, but it is better.

On another note, I have to head out to rent a car that we're taking to Canada. Kind of nervous cause I'm leaving Wednesday night after a long day of classes. Should be interesting seeing that I've been having back & neck problems these last few days. I think the Bulls brought it on with their horrible play. At least they beat the Pistons though. Should be a good week.

# 2 boomhauertjs @ 11/20/07 10:16 AM
QOTD: Bought a new PC back in 2005 to upgrade to XP, so my wife could use her Ipod since our old computer was ME. Got a new laptop last Christmas.

# 3 RockyTop1 @ 11/20/07 10:47 AM
QOTD: Haven't bought a new desktop since my freshman year in college. Got a new laptop last year with a free upgrade to Vista.

# 4 pb4201 @ 11/20/07 11:25 AM
Got a new computer this Jan. I wanted to do it before Vista because I dont trust it at all. Thinking of going the Mac route with their new OS when I get a new laptop.

# 5 Pete1210 @ 11/20/07 12:14 PM
QOTD: I used to upgrade my PC often when I used it for gaming. My PC is now about 5 years old and the last upgrade I did was a 6600GT video card when BF2 came out.

# 6 aukevin @ 11/20/07 12:28 PM
QOTD: I got a new Dell two Christmases ago. It was a welcome upgrade and has done the job since. The only thing I've done to it is add another 300 GB of harddrive space to it.

# 7 The GIGGAS @ 11/20/07 02:13 PM
Actually just upgraded my laptop's RAM from 512 to 2 gig.

Huge diff.

# 8 MattG @ 11/20/07 03:05 PM
My computer is about 3 years old. I upgraded my RAM from 512 to 1 GB...and upgraded my graphics card to a GForce 7600.

I'll probably get a new one next year but for now it does everything I need it too.

# 9 oakfan162 @ 11/21/07 01:57 AM
Got a new Dell Laptop through the school (read: huge discount with no sales tax!) at the beginning of the term. I love it, Vista and all.