07:38 PM - September 24, 2007 by Steve_OS
2K Sports Announces NBA® 2K8 Soundtrack to Showcase an Array of Eclectic Music Offerings
Soundtrack to Feature Run-DMC, Devo, Stone Roses and Exclusive J Dilla Collaborations with Common, Q-Tip, Talib Kweli and Madlib
New York, NY – September 24, 2007 – 2K Sports, the sports publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), today announced that NBA® 2K8 will feature original and exclusive tracks from the late legendary producer J Dilla (aka Jay Dee) with Common, Q-Tip, Talib Kweli and Madlib providing vocals. The in-game soundtrack will also include music that harkens back to the roots of hip-hop, as well as an eclectic mix of songs from other genres that complement the virtual hoops action.
As one of the music industry’s most influential producers, J Dilla inspired many artists, including Common, Q-Tip, Talib Kweli and Madlib, all of whom he had previously collaborated with in some fashion. These artists were tapped to keep J Dilla’s legacy alive because of their friendship and respect for this fallen talent. Now exclusively on the NBA 2K8 soundtrack, three J Dilla tracks will feature the lyrics of Common, Q-Tip, Talib Kweli, and Madlib.
“J. Dilla was one of the industry's greatest talents,” said Q-Tip. “This recording is reflective of his legacy and of the wonderful body of work that he left behind.”
The in-game soundtrack to NBA 2K8 introduces today’s gamers to classic tracks from The Highlighters Band, Ernie and The Topnotes, Billy Ball & The Upsetters, and The Fabulous Jades. Rounding out the soundtrack are offerings from Quasimoto, Percee P, Run-DMC, Devo, Cut Chemist, Fishbone, Stone Roses and many more.
“For the NBA 2K8 soundtrack, we wanted to produce something diverse that bridges modern hip-hop with its rich heritage in funk and groove,” said Tim Rosa, 2K Sports Director of Brand and Lifestyle Marketing. “In addition to showcasing some of J Dilla’s finest and unreleased cuts with marquee artists like Common, Talib Kweli and Q-Tip, we’ve included a diverse group of artists whose music really captures the spirit of the game.”
· J Dilla feat. Madlib “The Official (2K8 Mix)”
· J Dilla feat. Q-Tip & Talib Kweli “Lightworks”
· J Dilla feat. Common “E=MC2”
· Run-DMC “Sucka MC's”
· Stone Roses “Fool's Gold”
· Breakestra “Getcho Soul Together Pt. 2”
· Fishbone “Skankin to the Beat”
· Tommy Guerrero “Molotov Telegram”
· Percee P “Throwback Rap Attack”
· Quasimoto “Chrome Dreams”
· Devo “Through Being Cool”
· Quantic “When You're Through”
· J. Rocc “Cold Heat Megamix”
· Cut Chemist “Bunky's Pick”
· Billy Ball & The Upsetters “Tighten Up Tighter”
· The Highlighters Band “Funky 16 Corners”
· A Guy Called Gerald “Hurry to Go Easy”
· Sonic Trip “Energy Play”
· Baron Zen “Turn Around (Peanut Butter Wolf Instrumental Mix)”
· Finley Quaye “Ultra Stimulation”
· G-Love & Special Sauce “Shooting Hoops”
· Ernie & The Topnotes “Dap Walk”
· The Fabulous Jades “Cold Heat”
NBA 2K8 is rated E for Everyone and will be available October 2, 2007 for the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system. NBA 2K8 features exciting all-new play modes, defensive mechanics, off-ball controls, a radically improved franchise mode and an impressive set of other updated features.
For more game information, log onto www.2ksports.com/games/nba2k8/.