How bout dem Cowboys! Just sign Romo already, the guy is unreal. How many times last night did he avoid a sack and make a play? He reminds me of a young Favre, everytime he takes the field. Loved how the special teams came up big on Hester as well. Huge statement win last night, now I just hope they don't have a let down next week, playing the lowly Rams.

Other than yard work and watching a ton of football over the weekend, I played quite a bit of Halo 3. I'm not really that big of a Halo nut, but I logged in quite a few hours on it. I'm stuck at this one point however, I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. I'm hoping to get a copy of NBA 2K8 today, we'll see.

• QOTD: How did your team(s) fair over the weekend?

Tribe1 (33), GenoG (26), CharlieBrown (18)

Member Comments
# 1 ExtremeGamer @ 09/24/07 08:22 AM
What up! I'm getting Halo 3 from the hype, but the game doesn't interest me that much. We'll see how I like it once I start playing it online. Don't really care about the single player at all.

QOTD - Indians clinched! Buckeyes thrashed Northwestern (good job trash talking Wildcats!), and the Browns lost on a last second blocked FG on a rule that the NFL has to change, the coach calling a timeout from the sidelines right before the snap and in this case, like last week in the Raiders loss to Denver, the first FG was good. Oh well, I'm a Browns fan, I'm used to it.

# 2 TJdaSportsGuy @ 09/24/07 08:23 AM
QOTD:

The Bills sucked yet again...but this week was different. Last week when they lost to Pittsburgh, it wasn't so much because they were out manned, it was more because they played stupid football.

This week...they just got beat...the way they should've been beaten by a team of the Patriots' caliber. And with all the injuries on defense, things look bleak for my team having any hope of salvaging anything good out of this season.

Like I said in the official team thread in the NFL subforum here, I'd be surprised to see this Bills team win more than 2 games this year.

Time to start looking ahead to the draft (already, damnit).

# 3 Steve_OS @ 09/24/07 08:25 AM
Well, let's just hope the Bills get one more win than the Browns.

# 4 MachoMyers @ 09/24/07 08:27 AM
Terrible and Amazing.

QOTD: Wazzu was destroyed by USC, no surprise and Green Bay looked like the '97 Packers. I'll take it.

# 5 boomhauertjs @ 09/24/07 08:44 AM
Good, yet busy weekend. My team came in 2nd in the bachelor party scramble on Saturday (no thanks to me!), so I won a few bucks and a Browns keychain. Loved watching the Tribe celebrate their division championship yesterday! Pre-ordered Halo 3 yesterday and got a 1600 pt. XBL card for $5 from Best Buy.

QOTD: The Browns really deserved to lose that game. I had already accepted that they were going to lose, so when the kick was blocked, I wasn't surprised or all that upset. Brady needs to play. Anderson makes some of the worst decisions I've ever seen from a QB and he misses wide-open guys all the time.

# 6 Pete1210 @ 09/24/07 11:33 AM
My brain wasn't working for a short while this weekend. First I walked into a machine at the gym and banged up my leg. Then right after that I backed into another car in a parking lot. Nothing on my bumper, but a slight dent on the door of the other car. Other than that a good weekend.

QOTD: Good to see the Jets win their first game. The Mets are keeping it close.

# 7 nyisles16 @ 09/24/07 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
What up! I'm getting Halo 3 because I buy all the games that come out

fixed for ya EG...

QOTD: good to see the Raiders win a game, and use lessons learned in a game a week before .. Mets are holding on, & it should be a ride to the finish...

# 8 Behindshadows @ 09/24/07 11:59 AM
QOTD - We are 3-0...Go Cowboys....Romo is who we expected him to be. I'm glad I boo'd Bledsoe all last season.....The right quarterback is about to take us to the super bowl....

Also Yanks are 90-64 gotta love them to continue to win games....

UNC Football got blown out...they've always sucked, what can you do?

# 9 SportsAce @ 09/24/07 12:05 PM
QOTD: The D'backs failed to complete the sweep of the Dodgers yesterday but still have a 2 1/2 game lead in the division. On Saturday, the Nebraska defense looked absolutly HORRIBLE....I'm starting to wonder if we'll win another game this season. The Titans play tonite so I guess I'll just have to wait and see how that goes.

# 10 Dondadda @ 09/24/07 01:54 PM
QOTD: BC Eagles with a sloppy but convincing win over Army, Mets back on track with wins on Sat. and Sun., and the Giants actually decided to play defense in the second half against the Skins to get their first win.

Also, being that I live within walking distance of Gillette Stadium, I strolled over there and copped a below face value seat to see the Pats' decimation of the Bills (not a Pats fan, but I still go to every game because I live too close not to, I love football, and I've paid a combined $110 to see the 2 regular season and 2 preseason games played there thus far! You can't coach that).

# 11 jpup @ 09/24/07 02:27 PM
Titans on MNF!

Friday Night was Rascal Flatts and Jason Aldean @ Sommet Center in Nashville followed by a trip to the Eddie George Sportsgrille. I actually had the chance to meat Jason Aldean and he's a nice guy. We also spent the night at the Hilton which was nice.

Saturday was spent resting up from Friday Night and watching Kentucky look amazing against Arkansas in Fayetteville. Yesterday was NFL day, of course, but without the Titans playing it took some of the shine off of it. I was impressed by the improvement of the Houston Texans and Dallas Cowboys. I could easily see Dallas making the Super Bowl, although I have yet to see every NFC team play this year.

BTW, Ryan Howard tied Adam Dunn for the K record in a season. Let's see if he gets the same slamming that Dunn has gotten. I highly doubt it.

Vince, Keith, and the Titans on MNF tonight. I can't wait!

# 12 bjf1377 @ 09/24/07 03:48 PM
QOTD:
- Indians clinched the AL Central
- The Browns lost to the Raiders
- Ohio State destroyed Northwestern
- Kent State lost to Akron cause of turnovers
- South Carolina lost an ok game to LSU

# 13 ZM Punk @ 09/24/07 06:36 PM
QOTD: Michigan looked pretty good against an unproven Penn State team. The Bengals once again found a way to shoot themselves in the foot and lose. The Cubs swept the lowly Pirates and now are three and half up on the Brewers with a week to play. So I have to say it was a pretty good weekend for my teams.