Other Stuff...

The server move finally completed over the weekend and the tweaking has sped up considerably as the hours went by. They are going to continue tweaking today/tonight, so you may see brief outages here and there.

I passed test #4 of 7 over the weekend, played a round of golf and took my daughter to a petting zoo, where she rode a horse. She had a total blast. I even had the time to go fishing w/ my dad, where I didn't catch a single fish, but Nat caught about 8 of em'. LOL.

• QOTD: Does the new server seem faster, slower or about the same?

Rusty Barr (45), Mikey23 (32), buzzguy (31), WhiteStickyR1C3 (24), HardwoodHeisman (21), Schoner69 (21)

Member Comments
# 1 JohnnytheSkin @ 07/23/07 10:40 AM
QOTD: The new server seems slower...an extra "hiccup" when I click on threads or reply. I'm sure the kinks will get worked out, and having a stable OS is what really matters!

# 2 boomhauertjs @ 07/23/07 10:51 AM
Busy weekend. Irish Cultural Festival on Friday night was fun. The wife left for Italy on Saturday (she made it safely about 2 AM Eastern time). Had a decent time at my cousin's bachelor party, where my uncle told disgusting stories about him and my aunt. Saw Transformers for a second time on Sunday (just as awesome the 2nd time-can't wait for DVD). Back to work today. Ugh.

QOTD: It seems about the same to me.

# 3 boomhauertjs @ 07/23/07 10:52 AM
Congrats Steve. Over halfway there!

# 4 Easton @ 07/23/07 10:56 AM
Played alot of NCAA over the weekend. I'm 5-4 with A&M in the first year of my dynasty, struggling at times, but getting the hang of it, I think. Played NTN trivia at Fox and Hound Saturday night, and had a hockey game last night. Lost in a shootout.

QOTD: Definately slower, but it has improved considerably since yesterday afternoon.

# 5 Pete1210 @ 07/23/07 11:39 AM
QOTD: Seems a little faster.

# 6 funky_chicken @ 07/23/07 12:35 PM
QOTD - When it's running good it seems faster. I'm sure you guys are still ironing out the kinks. I was curious as to when the new layout is going to be implemented.

# 7 Behindshadows @ 07/23/07 04:45 PM
QOTD- Much slower, and I have a T1 connection at work and home...and this is definitely moving slower.

# 8 TheGamingChef @ 07/23/07 05:19 PM
QOTD: Much slower to me, sometimes so slow that OS will time out and I'll have to reload the page, taking another 30 seconds.

EDIT: At the time of this edit, it's blazing fast - faster than before the switch. Please keep this up!