Other Stuff...

We went and saw Ratatouille yesterday afternoon, then sat around waiting for the fireworks to start up at the local park. The movie was pretty good, although Natalie thought it was a bit boring, but she won't admit it. The fireworks display was awesome, Nat loved it as well.

• QOTD: How was your 4th?

jobyadkins (34), WillC5 (25), Mos1ted (24), david_rudy_lee (20), jmood88 (19)

Member Comments
# 1 TJdaSportsGuy @ 07/05/07 07:55 AM

Well, I had to work for the first part of the day yesterday. I did manage to leave a little early, so I got home at around 2:30 or so. I played some MLB 07: The Show until it was time to leave for a Winston-Salem Warthogs (Single-A affiliate of the White Sox) minor league baseball game. We stayed for the fireworks after the game.

After the game, sitting in traffic leaving the stadium, I look to my left and see a little 2 or 3 year old running out into the middle of the road. Without even thinking, I jump out of the car and grab him and bring him back to the side walk where his parents weren't even paying attention. They were standing around smoking cigarettes and talking to another couple and didn't see the kid run out into the road. That's a busy 4-lane road the kid ran right into. Something bad really could've happened there. Luckily, there were no cars coming from that direction.

Needless to say, the kid's mom gave him a little spanking for running away like that. If you ask me, it's the parents who needed the spanking.
# 2 Steve_OS @ 07/05/07 08:03 AM
# 3 Pete1210 @ 07/05/07 08:09 AM
QOTD: Trimmed back some trees and bushes in the yard in the morning. In the afternoon we had some family over for a barbecue. After entertaining all day I got lazy. I caught a movie on cable in the evening (V for Vendetta). At night we watched the Macy's fireworks on TV.
# 4 JohnnytheSkin @ 07/05/07 09:19 AM
QOTD: All of our flights were on time (and getting connections through O'Hare means it's a rarity) so we got home early evening, unpacked, and had a decent night watching fireworks in HD!
# 5 Scott @ 07/05/07 09:21 AM
QOTD: Went and saw Transformers and it was awesome...the girlfriend even liked it..after words we went and watched fireworks, all in all, a very good day..
# 6 The GIGGAS @ 07/05/07 09:42 AM
My 4th was OK... worked from home, then ate at Texas Roadhouse, and then watched the fireworks. Was pretty boring, I guess.
# 7 Shaver @ 07/05/07 09:48 AM
We had a neighborhood block party with the other houses on our cul-de-sac. It was a BLAST! First one in years and we had a ton of fun. Unfortunately, I was painfully over-served and I'm feeling less than 100% today at work. I hadn't really done any real drinking in 8 years.... oops... made up for it yesterday.

Lots and lots of fun. Wish I were napping.
# 8 mgoblue @ 07/05/07 09:54 AM
I watched the Hot Dog eating contest, grilled a steak, got to sit down and watch my Tigers (first game i've seen in a while of theirs) on ESPN HD. I'm still amazed at the difference in quality/clarity.

Just a great relaxing day, throw in some "BIGS" and I can't complain at all.