Other Stuff...

Not a bad draft by the Pistons, I was surprised Afflalo lasted that long. Can't say I've heard much about Sammy Mejia though. I'm happy to see Dice is coming back, instead of opting out like Billups. I still feel Billups will come back to Detroit, at least I certainly hope so. How did your team draft?

I'm going to be cleaning up the storage area this weekend, so it's going to be a fun and enjoyable experience, let me tell ya. Might try and go fishing w/ my bro and dad tomorrow.

• QOTD: What are you up to this weekend?

gizmo42 (29), bsb13 (25), goUTES (24), Flasher (20), Feared (19), tyronebiggums35 (17)

Member Comments
# 1 boomhauertjs @ 06/29/07 09:07 AM
Kinda disappointed that Ray Allen and Jason Richardson were traded for so cheap and the Cavs weren't able to get either one of them. I would've loved to have seen one of them replace Larry Hughes as LeBron's "Pippen". Oh well.

QOTD: Going to the Tribe game tonight in style - sitting in my dad's work's loge. Great seats, free food, and most importantly, free beer. Not too much else planned this weekend, probably working around the house and finishing Black so I can sell/trade it.

# 2 JohnnytheSkin @ 06/29/07 09:32 AM
QOTD: The family and I leave tonight to Aurora, CO for a few days. My 'rents really wanted to see their grandson so they are flying us out. Going to barbecue, go to a Brazilian steakhouse, watch 'Ratatouille', and watch the fireworks on the Fourth...should be fun!

# 3 Dice @ 06/29/07 10:01 AM
I'm disappointed the Knicks got Randolph for cheap when the Bulls could have got him with a better deal.

QOTD: Lots and lots of rest and relaxation.

# 4 Pete1210 @ 06/29/07 10:10 AM
QOTD: Celebrating my oldest son's 17th birthday. Tonight we're going out to dinner and tomorrow having family over for a party. Sunday going shopping with my Dad for his first HDTV.

# 5 nyisles16 @ 06/29/07 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by JohnnytheSkin
ahhhhhh Brazillian steakhouses are GREAT!!!

as for me, working till Sunday, then have a 3-day weekend... was to go out east for a couple of days, BUUUUUUT my plans changed.... now, I will just relax & go to my sis' house on the 4th for a nice bbq..

# 6 mgoblue @ 06/29/07 10:58 AM
I've gotta get up early Saturday and help my parents move. It's the final U-Haul move day, but should just be one trip. Probably picking up a home theater system, and gotta move my stuff around once they're out.

Getting settled's probably about it, but last night a co-worker hosted a poker night for the first time and that was fun. Nice to get to know people outside of work. The poker was sketchy though, just playing different games (stud, draw, whatever) with wilds. It helped me win 8 bucks total though. 5 card draw, I had 2 wilds, drew 3 cards, got 2 more wilds and an Ace. Made quite a bit that hand. That's what you get when it's late in the evening and someone makes 3,6,9 wild lol. No real strategy whatsoever.

# 7 TJdaSportsGuy @ 06/29/07 12:37 PM
Jason Richardson is a Charlotte Bobcat. A bonafide all-star is now a Charlotte Bobcat. To say I'm happy is an understatement. Now...FINALLY...they can make a run at the playoffs next year!

QOTD:

I'm really hoping I can get to a movie theatre to see the new Die Hard movie at some point this weekend. Other than that...just another uneventful weekend. Perhaps we'll go to our neighborhood pool sometime Saturday or Sunday.