FIFA 08 Details (Multi)

Boomtown has posted some details for the upcoming FIFA 08.
"We are proud to call some of the world’s best football athletes our partners. The access, guidance and insight they give us means that FIFA 08 will create a next gen experience that not only looks authentic, but that captures the emotion, finesse and beauty of the game," said Joe Booth, senior producer for FIFA 08. "Through sessions like today, and the continued investment in our next gen football engine, our world-class development team continues to revolutionize the authentic gameplay experience."

More FIFA 08 Details (Multi)

Eurogamer has posted some more information about FIFA 08.
"The stars involved - also including Frenchmen Frank Ribery and Florent Malouda - are currently doing a bit of body motion-capture in Barcelona.

EA aims to capture "the body movements, individual moves and playing style of each athlete" so that we'll be able to enjoy the benefits in the autumn.

"The access, guidance and insight they give us means that FIFA 08 will create a next gen experience that not only looks authentic, but that captures the emotion, finesse and beauty of the game," says producer Joe Booth."

Colin McRae: DIRT Demo Available (360)

According to Major Nelson, the Colin McRae: DIRT demo is available on the Marketplace.
"High speed, adrendaline fuelled, off-road racing."

Record Sales For Pro Evo as Konami Profits Drop

GamesIndustry has the scoop.
"Konami has released its latest financial report showing that profit was down 29.5 per cent for the past year, although the company's Pro Evolution Soccer has still managed to shift over eight million copies in 12 months."

Wii Sports Weight Loss Program

WiiHealthy has the routine for you.
"This is a guide that we have build for people to use to lose weight by playing Wii Sports for the Nintendo Wii. We have composed this schedule and tested it multiple times on people with different lifestyles, different weight categories, different ages and different sexes. Numbers based in this guide are an average of the results we got from those people. Some people will be losing weight easier than others, keep this in mind while working out this program. A lot depends from the way you will be playing games. This is a 10 week program; each day you should be playing about 30-45 minutes active Wii Sports. If you have anyway questions about this guide, suggestions or problems, just mail us or leave a comment."

Other Stuff...

Tried the classic pitching interface in MLB 07 The Show last night and had a blast. I actually walked, on average at least 3 batters in 5 games. I won't be leaving this mode any time soon, realism at its finest.

Downloaded the new PS3 patch last night as well, but didn't play around w/ it at all. Looking forward to seeing what some of my BluRay discs look and figuring out the sharing of my PC w/ PS3.

• QOTD: HD-DVD, BluRay or I don't give a damn?

rapayn1 (41), UofMWolverine (28), NiteStalker (28), tandyman31 (27), MSUSPartanPride (19), KRS-One (18)

Member Comments
# 1 nyisles16 @ 05/24/07 08:14 AM
QOTD - can't really say as all of my DVD's are in the standard format - haven't yet experienced Blue-Ray to give a yeah/nay opinion..

well, this Sunday or Monday I get to go pick up the engagement ring I bought.. I dunno, I feel very nervous at the moment. The actual "pop the question "day won't be until sometime in July (as my brother gets married next month). Yeah! can't wait to be swamped at work this weekend..
# 2 RockyTop1 @ 05/24/07 08:14 AM
QOTD: I don't give a damn because I'm a dual supporter
# 3 ExtremeGamer @ 05/24/07 08:15 AM
QOTD - support both, don't give a damn
# 4 boomhauertjs @ 05/24/07 08:16 AM
QOTD: If I had a nice HDTV I would probably care, but since I don't, I don't give a damn!

Go Cavs! (I'm hoping that by the time I'm done playing basketball at 9:30, they'll be up by 30 points).
# 5 Steve_OS @ 05/24/07 08:29 AM
Originally Posted by boomhauertjs

Go Pistons!
# 6 Pete1210 @ 05/24/07 08:36 AM
QOTD: I don't care. I am waiting until both the format war is decided and the new players and discs are affordable (in the price range of todays regular DVDs and DVD players).
# 7 Behindshadows @ 05/24/07 08:55 AM
Wow!!! Konami down 29%....I can definitely see that MGS to 360, coming to an option now.....They need money....

QOTD- I have both, and the only reason I even buy Blu-Ray is because some of the movies I like are in that format...If they didn't. I'd stick with HD-DVD.
# 8 JohnnytheSkin @ 05/24/07 08:58 AM
QOTD: I'm currently with Blu-ray, since I have a PS3 and haven't yet bought the HD DVD add-on for 360 (though the release of 'Heroes' may finally change that). I don't have many new discs though...my collection is around a dozen so far.
# 9 TJdaSportsGuy @ 05/24/07 09:38 AM

Doesn't matter. Now that I have a PS3, I guess it would be nice if Blu-Ray is successful.
# 10 Easton @ 05/24/07 09:41 AM
Well, one game down in my hockey league playoffs, one to go before the three game series in the finals. We play the #2 seed next Wednesday (we were the 3). The #1 and #2 seeds really don't belong in C league, but oh well, we can beat them!

QOTD: Blu-ray for the simple fact that I have a PS3. Ideally, I'd like to see dual, though.
# 11 luv_mist @ 05/24/07 11:39 AM
QOTD- I don't know honestly. I still want to get a PS3 eventually. One big mistake by the backers of the HD-DVD format was them not allowing M$ to package in the format with the system in the first place. Honestly, I don't think I'll be buy a stand-alone player. Since it's in the PS3 (which ironically isn't as bad an idea as first perceived), I can see myself getting more into that. Only thing is that a lot of the movies that I'd want to watch are HD only. Personally can't wait until the dual format products start hitting the shelves at a lower, reasonable price. Until then, I'll be using the computer to watch all my movies.

On another note, freaking Pistons need to take it up another notch. Watching the first game really has me worried that they'll end up losing this series faster than they think. Tonight is a tossup honestly.

Last note, why isn't quality taken into consideration with these video game awards? I mean, Madden 07 which got mixed reviews across the board has ended up with a Sports Game Of the Year? What are the merits for some of the thinking? I'm not really caring but it's the principle of it all. Ridiculous.
# 12 joshuar9476 @ 05/24/07 12:16 PM
QotD - i'm still waiting to see who the long term winner is before i plunk down serious cash .... i don't want to own the next betamax.