Home
News Post

Madden '08 Online News (Wii)

N-Europe has some online Madden '08 news.
"The latest issue of Nintendo Power reveals some info on the latest Madden title, with regards to it's online functionality. The game's interweb mode will be far more fully fleshed than the '07 version, which merely allowed for weather in game to be affected by the Weather Channel.

Happily, gamers will be able to play others around the world, check their scores in an online leaderboard, and choose their opponents through an online lobby system!"


MotoGP 2007 Trailer (360)

According to Major Nelson, there is a new MotoGP 2007 trailer available on the Marketplace.
"Experience the sheer passion, excitement and SPECTACLE of MotoGP, the most thrilling motor sport in the world! MotoGP’07 brings the excitement and energy of the fans and media into the game world like never before."


Various Video Clips (Wii)

Mario Strikers Charged (Wii)





Other Stuff...

The Spurs/Jazz game bored me last night, so I turned it off at halftime and went to bed early. Hope to get some MLB '07 in tonight, since the Pistons will be going up 2 games to 0 on the Cavs tomorrow.

Just heard they might be passing a law here soon, that will make it illegal to text anyone while driving. Gee, think that's a logical law? I think it's a no brainer. I can't believe how many people I see driving down the road texting people, eating or reading a book, of all things, WHILE DRIVING! And we wonder why accidents increase every year.

What's up with you?
  • QOTD: Your top 3 movies of all time?


Happy Birthday to the following OS'ers!

Malignant (26), blacout456 (21), cooldude (19), airbarrett (18), stalsy2310 (17)

Member Comments
# 1 Easton @ 05/23/07 08:39 AM
Won both games of our softball doubleheader last night, including a 28-1 spanking, so I think we play for the championship next Tuesday! Hockey playoffs start tonight, so hopefully we can win there too, and head to the next round (I hate one-game series!).

QOTD:
That's a tough one. Probably these three, in no order:
Schindler's List
Dead Poets' Society
Shawshank Redemption
 
# 2 ExtremeGamer @ 05/23/07 08:42 AM
What up!!! Cavs even the series tonight..

QOTD - Wow, that's a tough one... It would take me a long time to widdle that down. I have way too many favorite movies.
 
# 3 boomhauertjs @ 05/23/07 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
What up!!! Cavs even the series tonight..
Actually they play tomorrow (Thurs.) night. The NBA was worried about going head-to-head with American Idol so they put it on Thursday. (like 12 year old girls and 40 year old housewives watch the NBA). With Lost finale tonight and playing basketball Thursday night, I had a conflict either way. I think it might be better for my health if I don't watch.

QOTD: Star Wars is number one, but after that I'm not sure. Some of my favorites are Major League, T2, Saving Private Ryan, and Empire and Jedi.
 
# 4 Steve_OS @ 05/23/07 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easton
Won both games of our softball doubleheader last night, including a 28-1 spanking, so I think we play for the championship next Tuesday! Hockey playoffs start tonight, so hopefully we can win there too, and head to the next round (I hate one-game series!).

QOTD:
That's a tough one. Probably these three, in no order:
Schindler's List
Dead Poets' Society
Shawshank Redemption
28-1? heh...

Good luck bro!

My top 3, in no order.

Braveheart
Amadeus
Pulp Fiction
The Silence of the Lambs
Gladiator

OK, that's 5.
 
# 5 Steve_OS @ 05/23/07 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
What up!!! Cavs even the series tonight..

QOTD - Wow, that's a tough one... It would take me a long time to widdle that down. I have way too many favorite movies.
Top 20 then!
 
# 6 Shaver @ 05/23/07 08:57 AM
I fixed the thread title... it's Wednesday, my Brother...

Interesting Link about that fella trying to raise money for a PS3. That dude is smart... and, most likely, very handsome.

QOTD:
Clerks.
The Usual Suspects
Pulp Fiction
 
# 7 ExtremeGamer @ 05/23/07 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Top 20 then!
Ok, I'll give you a list of fav movies...

In no order

Armageddon
Saving Private Ryan
Clerks
Halloween
Pulp Fiction
Blair Witch Project
Shaun of the Dead
The Thing
Goodfellas
Casino
Star Wars : Empire Strikes Back
The Prestige
Hoosiers
Super Troopers
Superman
61*
American History X
Fight Club
Gladiator
Office Space
The Thirteenth Floor
The Usual Suspects


I'm sure I left off movies that I love those were off the top of my head.
 
# 8 boomhauertjs @ 05/23/07 09:07 AM
I forgot Gladiator. My buddies and I used to quote that all the time when we were studying for the bar exam. "Strength and honor."
 
# 9 Steve_OS @ 05/23/07 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
I fixed the thread title... it's Wednesday, my Brother...

Interesting Link about that fella trying to raise money for a PS3. That dude is smart... and, most likely, very handsome.

QOTD:
Clerks.
The Usual Suspects
Pulp Fiction
DOH!

A Royale with Cheese!
 
# 10 Steve_OS @ 05/23/07 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Ok, I'll give you a list of fav movies...

In no order

Armageddon
Saving Private Ryan
Clerks
Halloween
Pulp Fiction
Blair Witch Project
Shaun of the Dead
The Thing
Goodfellas
Casino
Star Wars : Empire Strikes Back
The Prestige
Hoosiers
Super Troopers
Superman
61*
American History X
Fight Club
Gladiator
Office Space
The Thirteenth Floor
The Usual Suspects


I'm sure I left off movies that I love those were off the top of my head.
Quite a few movies in that list I've never seen bro. I've never even heard of 61*.
 
# 11 ExtremeGamer @ 05/23/07 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Quite a few movies in that list I've never seen bro. I've never even heard of 61*.
If you like baseball, it's a must see. It's about the 1961 Homerun chase with Maris and Mantle. An amazing movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0250934/
 
# 12 Steve_OS @ 05/23/07 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
If you like baseball, it's a must see. It's about the 1961 Homerun chase with Maris and Mantle. An amazing movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0250934/
Cool, definitely will check it out.
 
# 13 aukevin @ 05/23/07 09:22 AM
QOTD: Wow, that's a tough one, but I'd have to say:
Back to the Future
Superman Returns
Office Space
 
# 14 aukevin @ 05/23/07 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
If you like baseball, it's a must see. It's about the 1961 Homerun chase with Maris and Mantle. An amazing movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0250934/
My favorite baseball/sports movie
 
# 15 boomhauertjs @ 05/23/07 09:27 AM
I agree that *61 is a very good baseball movie. I only saw it once though. Might have to check it out again.
 
# 16 TJdaSportsGuy @ 05/23/07 09:33 AM
QOTD:

1 - Rocky
2 - Pulp Fiction
3 - Clerks
 
# 17 Pete1210 @ 05/23/07 09:47 AM
QOTD:
The Godfather
Star Wars IV
A River Runs Through It
 
# 18 nyisles16 @ 05/23/07 09:49 AM
QOTD...


-Ernest Goes to Camp
-Ernest Saves Christmas
-Ernest sa.........

(just kidding)


-Field of Dreams
-Gladiator
-Airplane..
 
# 19 Easton @ 05/23/07 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
28-1? heh...

Good luck bro!

My top 3, in no order.

Braveheart
Amadeus
Pulp Fiction
The Silence of the Lambs
Gladiator

OK, that's 5.
Yeah, the team we played hasn't won yet, and we were hitting the ball all over the field. We'd hit it over their heads, so they'd play deep, and we'd drop them in front of the outfielders! Hell, even I had 3 hits, and I'm not all that good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Ok, I'll give you a list of fav movies...

In no order

Armageddon
Saving Private Ryan
Clerks
Halloween
Pulp Fiction
Blair Witch Project
Shaun of the Dead
The Thing
Goodfellas
Casino
Star Wars : Empire Strikes Back
The Prestige
Hoosiers
Super Troopers
Superman
61*
American History X
Fight Club
Gladiator
Office Space
The Thirteenth Floor
The Usual Suspects


I'm sure I left off movies that I love those were off the top of my head.
That's a good list, EG. I loved Thirteenth Floor. A great movie that not alot of people have seen. Empire is also my favorite SW movie. If I went more than 3, I'd have to add:

Top Gun
Tombstone
The Natural
Tin Cup
Goonies
Raiders of the Lost Ark
LOTR Trilogy (can't pick just one)
Flags of our Fathers
We Were Soldiers
Se7en
Crash
 
# 20 ExtremeGamer @ 05/23/07 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easton
Yeah, the team we played hasn't won yet, and we were hitting the ball all over the field. We'd hit it over their heads, so they'd play deep, and we'd drop them in front of the outfielders! Hell, even I had 3 hits, and I'm not all that good!



That's a good list, EG. I loved Thirteenth Floor. A great movie that not alot of people have seen. Empire is also my favorite SW movie. If I went more than 3, I'd have to add:

Top Gun
Tombstone
The Natural
Tin Cup
Goonies
Raiders of the Lost Ark
LOTR Trilogy (can't pick just one)
Flags of our Fathers
We Were Soldiers
Se7en
Crash
Damn, I forgot Se7en, LOTR (HOW!?)... See, I knew I'd forget movies.
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.