WWE SmackDown! vs. Raw 2008 Preview (PS3)

PSX Extreme has posted their preview of WWE SmackDown! vs. Raw 2008.
"The biggest addition to the series is the great addition of depth: each character in the game will have two of eight possible fighting styles at their disposal. The eight styles range widely in variety, and all appear to require a different approach to the matches, as well they should. We’ll have submission artist, high flier, powerhouse, showman, dirty, brawler, hardcore, and technician. Now, we’re not entirely sure if each wrestler comes pre-equipped with those two styles, or if they come with one and the player can select the second. But either way, it adds a whole new dimension to the game and makes us believe that whichever character we select will have a drastic impact on our success, and that’s one of the biggest appeals of 2008. There’s nothing worse than starting up a fighting game and realizing characters and styles make little difference."

EA Montreal Responds to SSX Blur Critisism (Wii)

1up has the scoop.
"The reaction to the game was very... how can I say that... interesting. We got very, very good reviews and very, very bad ones. Some said they thought we provided the best of the control scheme currently on the Wii, while others thought it was the worst. I think it is mostly the same for all Wii games: the public, the game industry and the reviewers are not at all aligned with each other. So those kind of extreme reactions are to be expected. All in all, I think we delivered a damn fine game."

Other Stuff...

Traffic was a killer this morning and as always, I didn't see a single accident or problem as I drove 5 MPH down the highway. Rediculous. When will we be able to fly in our personal air cars to work?

Well, I had plenty of basketball time last night. I only sat the first few minutes of the game. After that, I played the entire game, since we only had 6 people show up. Offensively, I didn't do much, but made up for it on the defensive end, as we won by 10. We are now 2-2 and face the best team in the league next week.

• QOTD: Do your parents play video games?

Hokie2010, tomahawk77 (30), catcatch22 (29), Michel ABC® (28), niclaw24 (28), Sonnigsen (26), MizzouBravesFan (24), Marvelous (21)

Member Comments
# 1 TJdaSportsGuy @ 04/11/07 08:56 AM
QOTD:

When I was a kid, my dad and I played the original Zelda on the NES together. He actually beat it before I did. My mom was a big fan of Super Mario World on the original Game Boy.

# 2 GP Mercy @ 04/11/07 09:47 AM
QOTD: My dad owns a computer on which he plays puzzle games. He also has a Wii that I play whenever I come home. My mom plays the Wii sometimes. The Wii really has changed my parents' view on videogames. They love it!

# 3 Easton @ 04/11/07 10:23 AM
Congrats on the win Steve! We won our softball game last night against the team with the best record in the league. I haven't played regularly in several years, and it showed, as I was 0-3 with a pop up to the catcher (I owe a 12-pack next week for that) and a couple of misplays in the outfield. Hopefully a couple of sessions at the batting cage with work out the kinks in my swing.

QOTD: Not at all, unless you count solitaire.

# 4 modog123 @ 04/11/07 10:28 AM
My parents are definitely in the "computer puzzle game" demographic. They know just enough about computers to play games and call me when they can't play games.

On a side note, how about the prices on those downloadable songs for GHII? Day-amm... That was one of the things I was looking forward to with the 360 version was playing songs from the first Guitar Hero because I liked a lot of the songs on there. But 500 point for 3 songs... and you can't pick the songs. I will have to think about that.

# 5 JohnnytheSkin @ 04/11/07 11:16 AM
QOTD: My mom plays, and my dad was just the facilitator. My sisters and I staged the most elaborate coup when we successfully bartered for an SNES after my mom was seen playing 'Super Mario World' after renting the system...despite never playing it again! Her faves are 'Dr. Mario' and the first SMB. Her and her friend were swinging the controllers wildly trying to get that last little inch out of their jumps I did buy one of those hardware emulators for NES (can't recall the name) about a year ago so she could still use the NES cartridges, since getting them to play on our NES took as much time as she was willing to play.

# 6 Sandman42 @ 04/11/07 12:13 PM
QOTD: My dad plays America's Army on the PC.

# 7 sbmnky @ 04/11/07 12:28 PM
QOTD: my dad plays PS2 with my sister. my mom will actually come over and play paperboy for a bit and I had her play GHII for a bit. it's fun to watch them both bay.

# 8 jdpimp @ 04/11/07 01:35 PM
QOTD: Dad plays the Flight Simulator or Puzzle games (Myst type) and the mom likes the card games and mahjohngg (sp?). How anyone can stare at a screen for 3 hours moving around tiles with chinese symbols (anyone besides me ever wonder what the really say?) is beyond me.

# 9 ndeezlo @ 04/11/07 06:35 PM
my dad played bomberman alot on the nes i think that's it though. Although I thought it was really cool when he tried to play me in Tecmo Bowl. I shouldn't have blown him out, he never wanted to play again.

# 10 MattG @ 04/11/07 07:16 PM
When I was little my first system had Pong on it...along with some Pac-Man type game. My mom used to play the Pac-man game for hours.

# 11 CaptainZombie @ 04/11/07 08:04 PM
QOTD: My parents don't play videogames.

# 12 JohnnytheSkin @ 04/11/07 10:02 PM
QOTD Part Deux: I guess I should add that I was introduced to videogames on my dad's old Atari 2600, where the cartridges were kept in an old cardboard box without cases (don't EVER let Gamestop scam you on the game guarantee ). While he never gamed with me on the old faux wood box, the fact that he DID introduce me to gaming should still be noted.

# 13 JohnnytheSkin @ 04/11/07 10:04 PM
Shoot, another addendum to the above post is the fact that we went to multiple thrift stores picking up additional 2600 games (Defender, Galaga, and Space Invaders were notable thrift store finds ).